RE 8" LA with 36' Iroks - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > RE 8" LA with 36' Iroks

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 03-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #241
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschoeny View Post
nicely put lol. so anyway about your jeep... how long are those coilovers and how much travel? im planin on redoing my suspension after i graduate and thats the route im lookin into. im assuming you fabracated everying your self or did you get some sort of kit?
all fabbed right here at home. they are 16 inch travel and 2.0 diam. i got them from F-O-A.com they have the best bang for the buck.

Unread 03-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #242
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
bad idea number 1

Bad idea number2.

Regardless of spelling man, the rig is lookin good
bad idea what?

oh you should have a space betweet number and 2! your going to fail in life and be stuck in the "engine room on a 1000ft long merchant vessel on the Great Lakes" for the rest of your life with the other dimwit.

here is a forum for you guys that dont know a thing about jeeps

Unread 03-24-2010, 08:51 PM   #243
KINGJB
1999 XJ Cherokee 

why is half of this build an argument about spelling?

Last edited by KINGJB; 03-24-2010 at 09:19 PM..
KINGJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:55 PM   #244
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahara0207 View Post
bad idea what?

oh you should have a space betweet number and 2! your going to fail in life and be stuck in the "engine room on a 1000ft long merchant vessel on the Great Lakes" for the rest of your life with the other dimwit.

here is a forum for you guys that dont know a thing about jeeps

You get butt hurt too easily man, get over yourself. You aren't the coolest guy out there, grow up and chill the **** out.

I'm done here.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #245
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

most of my progress has been on the new tow rig... its a 2nd gen CTD... not done yet but its gettin their

Unread 03-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #246
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 03-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #247
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGJB View Post
why is half of this build and argument about spelling?
i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
You get butt hurt too easily man, get over yourself. You aren't the coolest guy out there, grow up and chill the **** out.

I'm done here.
you didnt clarify the mistake part feel free to pm me but thanks for bein done here, it was about time
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #248
KINGJB
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahara0207 View Post
i agree

I didn't mean for my own mistake to be in there.
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #249
1997_Sport

I say you all should just grow up, I mean its just spelling. Some times people type in a hurry or just don't care to go back over every single word and re-type it. Does it mean he is as dumb as a bag of rocks??? No, just that he doesn't feel the need to make sure every word is spelled right. n0w go oawt their, n wh33l.

I like the Jeep man, but I LOVE Ctd!!!! You have some nice *** fab work.

No jeep but I do have a 04.5 Cummins with a 4in exhaust, edge j/a, and I guess thats it....for now
1997_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #250
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
Please explain your first comment?

I have built my Jeep to suit my needs, my penis isn't so small that I need to go overkill. I won't ever go above 35" tires, so I don't need 1 tons. Sorry, guess I should have gone long arms and 37" tires on stock axles and been the cool guy at the mall...

And yes, you are right. Short arms leave something to be desired, I lift tires often because of my short arm suspension lift with short shocks. Guess you're cooler than me and most of the rest of the guys since you went long arm

Keep being the cool guy on the forum dude I bet you'd fit in perfectly with the cast of Jersey Shore
current LA is for sale if you would like to buy. its in my classifieds. as for whats on their presently its 100% built by me. my rig is not even drivin on the road any more it has a trailer and dedicated tow rig. deff not what most are tryin to achieve. im not tryin to be cool im not the one with thousands of posts that get no where.... my build is here for one reason. and that is cuz some it offers inspiration and ideas for others buildin their jeep. after all thats what these forums are all about. sharing usefull information

as for the jersey shore comment... its it wrong to be jacked and tan!?!?!? lol i think not!
Unread 03-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #251
cschoeny
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
So I went to college for 4 years, decided not to use my degree right away and set out on an exciting venture? I went out on the lakes for two years, made nearly 7k a month in my journey, moved out of my parents house and am now in the job force. You really want to try to criticize me?

I would rather get my hands dirty than sit behind a desk, but that is just me and how I operate. You're ignorance really shows when you make an assumption of that magnitude about a person. Kudos to you, you're going to make a great addition to society.
1) most engineers dont sit dehind a desk all day 2) ive been framing houses for 10hrs a day since i was 16, so dont talk to me about knowing how to work hard 3) wow 7k a month! when im framing houses i make 1k a week, and thats not even my career. base pay for an engineer right out of college in my part of the country makes 50k a year, after 5-6 years that is usually above 65k. so if i sit behind a desk for PART of my day and make great money doing something that i love, and making way more money than working in the trades. i think you just need to get over your self, if your trying to turn this into a pissing contest then good job you did it! if you want to talk about jeeps then great, if not mabye you should just get the hell off this thread.
cschoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 04:38 PM   #252
cschoeny
1993 YJ Wrangler 

so back on your suspension... how much streach did you do up front? and what did you do for stearing after the streach? also i noticed you re-built the rear part of your frame, why did you do that? was that to incorprate the streach of because of rust issues?
cschoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #253
300whisper
2010 JK Wrangler 

Amazing build man, thanks for the advice on the lockers and axles. Also, bumping this thread cause your build is sick.
300whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #254
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschoeny View Post
so back on your suspension... how much streach did you do up front? and what did you do for stearing after the streach? also i noticed you re-built the rear part of your frame, why did you do that? was that to incorprate the streach of because of rust issues?
ya i did move the steerin box forward and clocked it to make up for pushin the front axle forward around 3 inches. i also had to move the trackbar bracket aft on the axle. the front axle currently with the D60 is 8 inches forward. ill post when i get more parts from PSC i just need more money!
Unread 03-25-2010, 05:39 PM   #255
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

before any one keeps this up read back a few pages to before this started... 2006sport actually was bein nice and i was back. this is retarded.... when it started apex was nto backin any one up since we were fine. i went like 6 pages back and see me and 2006sport talkin civil? when did it change? not tech only! i dont need any apologies or flames on this useless sh**.

so any who..... my diesels tranny went out and i have a huge low buck rear suspension change im makin to cut costs for now.... dont ask about it.... your have to wait till its done! and for you under 21 kidos

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.