RE 8" LA with 36' Iroks - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > RE 8" LA with 36' Iroks

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #226
cschoeny
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i do agree with some of these people. you probably dont need that big of a lift.

but who the hell am i to tell you what you can or can't have/do to your jeep!!! i think ur jeep is freaking BAD ***!!! i want to see some flex picts with those new coil overs. btw im a mechincal engineering student also. good luck with school and this jeep build.

cschoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #227
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Why can't engineering students spell mechanical? You guys must have some proud parents..... Spending all of their hard earned money on your education and you can't even spell your major.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 07:35 AM   #228
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo-Slice View Post
Why can't engineering students spell mechanical? You guys must have some proud parents..... Spending all of their hard earned money on your education and you can't even spell your major.
Inginears dont need to know how to spell.
Honestly I'm in engineering too and you really dont need to know how to spell that great. All i do is math and computations. But I do know hot to spell really good, its just a useless tool haha.
Unread 03-24-2010, 07:49 AM   #229
cschoeny
1993 YJ Wrangler 

if only my english teacher would understand that!!! lol. i might not have the best spelling but i sure can do math and physics so i think thats probably all thats important. but for the sake of criticism on this forum ill try to spell better
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:23 AM   #230
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

When you wheel with this sort of rig (I'm still in Boston, so bone stock is plenty for the moment and a great car for a web designer with no car experience whatsoever to start learning and working on) do you normally do just day trips, or do you ever do anything extended? Like a weekend or week trail?

Especially in California with the Rubicon Trail there, I'd love to hear how this beast of a rig takes it.

(In defense of stock rigs, btw, the old CJ hardmen used to do the Rubicon trail with no mods at all. Granted, that's a CJ stock, not YJ or TJ, but still....)

Incredible work though. Can't wait to see it when the current stage is "finished".

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:40 AM   #231
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
Written word is such a lost art now-a-days. For some reason every Tom, Dlck and Harry thinks that spelling is useless. When putting a pen to paper, lack of proper grammar and spelling makes you sound ignorant. I'm no engineer, although I DO work in the engine room on a 1000ft long merchant vessel on the Great Lakes. With that aside, I take pride in my proper use of the English language...
I think you and I might be the biggest grammar and spelling Nazis on the boards and I totally agree. I'm 23 years old and an ex-engineering student. My grammar and spelling are top notch--and I can tell you this much: If you care about landing a job, you better give two damns about spelling, punctuation, and grammar. It should come second nature. If you can't do it on forums, you can't do it well in essays, resumes, and cover letters. Rant off, back to the jeep. It's too tall but I like it nonetheless.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #232
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

to be honest, my spelling and grammar completely SUCKED when i was in middle school - being on forums and developing the skill through use is probably one of the best things i have ever done as far as sitting on the computer goes. sure i get lazy and i dont capitalize my I's or use apostrophes where "necessary" but what the hell

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #233
cschoeny
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
Written word is such a lost art now-a-days. For some reason every Tom, Dlck and Harry thinks that spelling is useless. When putting a pen to paper, lack of proper grammar and spelling makes you sound ignorant. I'm no engineer, although I DO work in the engine room on a 1000ft long merchant vessel on the Great Lakes. With that aside, I take pride in my proper use of the English language...
So you work on a ship... 1)working in an engine room doesn't mean you understand whats going on in all that gear 2) you probably have little to no formal education and your critizing me!!! seriously, i know im not perfect and its just kinda crazy that you think you are! i dont think spelling is useless i just dont think its necessary to fret every little detail, espically in this type of setting. if i was writing a 10 page term paper you better believe i would put a little more time into editing my writing
Unread 03-24-2010, 07:45 PM   #234
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschoeny View Post
So you work on a ship... 1)working in an engine room doesn't mean you understand whats going on in all that gear 2) you probably have little to no formal education and your critizing me!!! seriously, i know im not perfect and its just kinda crazy that you think you are! i dont think spelling is useless i just dont think its necessary to fret every little detail, espically in this type of setting. if i was writing a 10 page term paper you better believe i would put a little more time into editing my writing
agreed, i mean wtf are you guys doin in my thread talkin about spelling and grammer... if im some doing something that matters then i will of coarse pay attention and do it nice and neat but when i am out of school/work mode then get off my back. its always the people that are not going as far in life that have to be a d bag about stuff that does not matter.
Unread 03-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #235
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex74012 View Post
holy high center of gravity
8inchs of lift and 36's
mine 5inches and 37's
i dont get the huge amount of lift

lets get our jeeps and shop for hollister at the mall!
mall krawlers goooooooooooo
wtf? did you read the build? then why are you sayin a word? it went to the 37's after the 36's and then was dropped to stock rear springs? i was sittin at around 3" of lift with 37's and tons of travel... for a clean body trim and no cuttin the 7.5 RE kit was killer. dont knock it till you try it. i also had about 2" of BS meanin i was runnin wide and with a longer wheelbase so dont compare my jeep to your pavement pounder. were in two diff levels
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:01 PM   #236
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo-Slice View Post
I don't get a penny from mom, i recieve no financial aid, and i get no assistance. It's called working... not all of us waited till we were 25 to land a decent job.
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #237
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlingForward View Post
When you wheel with this sort of rig (I'm still in Boston, so bone stock is plenty for the moment and a great car for a web designer with no car experience whatsoever to start learning and working on) do you normally do just day trips, or do you ever do anything extended? Like a weekend or week trail?

Especially in California with the Rubicon Trail there, I'd love to hear how this beast of a rig takes it.

(In defense of stock rigs, btw, the old CJ hardmen used to do the Rubicon trail with no mods at all. Granted, that's a CJ stock, not YJ or TJ, but still....)

Incredible work though. Can't wait to see it when the current stage is "finished".
it does great! mostly day runs or just single over nighters but i like to get a couple long trips in each year. bein it's hard to get any time away from school or work. rubicon is great but like you said a well equiped stocker can do it just fine. 4 dice and hammers will be a much more challenging trip. ill try and get pics of my rig next time out when its done.
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:15 PM   #238
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschoeny View Post
bad idea number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahara0207 View Post
I don't get a penny from mom, i recieve no financial aid, and i get no assistance. It's called working... not all of us waited till we were 25 to land a decent job.
Bad idea number2.

Regardless of spelling man, the rig is lookin good

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #239
cschoeny
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahara0207 View Post
agreed, i mean wtf are you guys doin in my thread talkin about spelling and grammer... if im some doing something that matters then i will of coarse pay attention and do it nice and neat but when i am out of school/work mode then get off my back. its always the people that are not going as far in life that have to be a d bag about stuff that does not matter.
nicely put lol. so anyway about your jeep... how long are those coilovers and how much travel? im planin on redoing my suspension after i graduate and thats the route im lookin into. im assuming you fabracated everying your self or did you get some sort of kit?
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #240
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

apex i dont get what your deal is.... your wheelin a garbage jeep with money in the wrong places and your ganna come here to my thread and try to critisize me? im glad all you can do is nock my spellin.

ps your rig has its wheel in the air cuz your suspension design sucks. or you dont know how to chose a line. you choose.

as for everyone else stop bumpin the thread unless you have tech. to contribute. or a question to ask that isnt pointless

Last edited by sahara0207; 03-24-2010 at 08:35 PM..
sahara0207 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.