The Quesarito Creamer - Page 8 - JeepForum.com

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 108 Old 03-15-2017, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
squirrelrocket
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So the current plan with some Jeep buddies is to wheel Rush Offroad Park down in Kentucky at the end of the month!
I'll be hustling to get some preventative maintenance done on the TJ to make it a reliable for the long journey.
On the list is a new oil pan, Synergy ball joints, new front pinion seal and u bolt yoke, new Timken wheel bearings, new front rotors and pads, and whatever other issues pop up.
This winter storm up east is slowing progress as all the UPS and FedEx stuff has been delayed by a few days, plus its too cold out in the garage!
I will be doing a few mods along the way and this includes a UCF aluminum engine skid (need to modify it to fit the 2.4L), front Fox shocks to replace the leaking Rancho mono tubes, a power steering cooler and maybe some other doodads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 108 Old 03-20-2017, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
squirrelrocket
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Power steering cooler is in, ball joints replaced, new spicer 760X's, front foxes on and bump stops adjusted and the trans fluid swapped.

Here's the drawing for the cooler brackets, they were cut out of a sheet of 1/4 scrap aluminum I had lying around.

And in the jeep!

Tomorrow I'll be trying to get this to work. It's for a 4.0 and the engine mounts are way different. Gonna have to make some of my own. Wish someone made one for the 2.4 lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #108 of 108 Old 03-21-2017, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
squirrelrocket
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The engine skid is on. Cant wait to tag it off some rocks! I ended up having to drill them straight onto the motor mounts and curve them a bit to sit flush. I had to curve the drivers side bracket a good bit to clear the driveshaft at full bump. I curved it even more after this pic was taken.

And the final result!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.