The Quesarito Creamer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Quesarito Creamer

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineParacord grab handles, door limiting, etc at JeepHut.comRough Country Deals at JeepHut.com

Unread 03-19-2015, 11:23 PM   #1
squirrelrocket
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The Quesarito Creamer

I was going to hold off on a build thread until I got the ball rolling but I got the new jeep thrills!! Here it is, the Quesarito Creamer!

It's a stupid clean '06 6 speed 4 popper with 66k miles. Price was right and of the 20+ TJ's I creeped on, I connected with this one the most.

I have a ton of parts from my prior build, the Burrito Burner, going on this turd.

The XJ was cool and all it just didn't have that Jeep feel that my old '99 TJ had. Plus the XJ had way more body/ unirail rot than I care to fix. I had my last TJ for 9 years and being without a wrangler drove me nuts!!
I was dancing and screaming in drivers seat the whole day yesterday after buying the Quesarito. I did the same thing buying my new motorcycle haha. Uncontrollable excitement!! Maybe I just forgot to take the Ritalin...

Unread 03-19-2015, 11:36 PM   #2
squirrelrocket
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Anyway, the plans for the Quesarito are to keep it a light and clean panty dropper. I'm not going to be adding bumpers or any unneeded heavy junk to it. I'm also going to try to be tastefully obnoxious with it. The Burrito Burner was wild and fun, purple wheels and all. Not sure if I wanna go that wild with this one yet or not.

The "I already haves of the list" are:
HP D30, 4.88 gears, Eaton E Locker, Sleeved and Gusseted
IRO Over the Knuckle Steering
Vanco 16" Big Brake Kit
Chrysler 29 spline 8.25, 4.88's, Aussie Locker, Liberty Disc Brakes
Warn VR8k Winch
295/70/17 Cooper STT's on Black Rock Steelies
Adjustable Front Control Arms
Rigid Toolbag Cube Lights
Other random little things

On Order List:
TJ rear axle bracket kit
1.25 BL/ MML
Dark Tan Replace A Top

Want List:
BDS 2" springs
Bumpstop Junk
Bilstien 5100's
UCF Aluminum Winch Mount
UCF Ultra Clearance Aluminum Skid with LO Pro Mount
Alu Tank Skid and Engine Skid
Tow Points for Front and Rear
Adjustable Rear Arms
17" Aluminum Wheels

Now you may think I'm dumb for putting an 8.25 into a tj but hey, I already have it, its already geared, already locked and it's my jeep. It's a 4 banger and if my 4.0 didn't kill it the new little jeep sure won't. This is also the internet so flame on haha.
The build may be a little slow as I work out of state constantly and I'm parting out another at the same time but I'll do my best to entertain ya!!
Stay tuned!!
Unread 03-20-2015, 11:19 AM   #3
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I haven't blown mine up other than a ****ty rear locker.
That with a 4.0 and 35s with 4.56s in the diff and a stupidly heavy rig.
Unread 03-26-2015, 06:03 PM   #4
squirrelrocket
1996 XJ Cherokee 

It'll bump stop.... Haha, rubs like crazy under braking. Turning is fine. I think it'll work good with the 1" body lift and 2" springs.

Also the 8.25 to tj brackets came in today. Still waiting on the top, sliders, steering skid and winch plate.
Unread 04-06-2015, 06:49 PM   #5
squirrelrocket
1996 XJ Cherokee 

New top

And also sleeved the hp30 with 4.88s and eaton.

And the super thick 4.88 ring gear on the 8.25 lol
Unread 04-15-2015, 08:47 PM   #6
squirrelrocket
1996 XJ Cherokee 

1" MORE body lift, rusty's rear crossmember, hard rock sliders, hacked stock front bumper, steering box skid, repainted/ greased warn vr8k, trimmed stock flares. Not bad for 4 weeks of ownership lol.

In a few days I should be mounting the UCF UHC aluminum skid with lowpro mount (and 1" tcase drop until I SYE it), 1" MML, 1.5" front spacers and .5" rear.
Then it's off to Rausch Creek for its maiden voyage on the 24th!!! Bummer it won't have the new axles by then... It'll be a fun cruise in the woods with the club though!
Also this little turd has no rear sway bar, I've read other 4 bangers had this issue. What do you guys recommend?
Unread 04-17-2015, 07:56 PM   #7
TexNVa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like you need a rear... and possibly front anti-rock
Thing's coming along nicely, awesome to have the Burrito to pull and adapt parts too!
TexNVa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2015, 08:10 PM   #8
squirrelrocket
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexNVa
Sounds like you need a rear... and possibly front anti-rock Thing's coming along nicely, awesome to have the Burrito to pull and adapt parts too!
I'm thinking maybe the full traction rear sway bar haha. Don't have antirock money lol. I've been playing around with the UCF skid and my lame 2.4/nsg370 combo has a flat trans bracket. I want the thing to sit way lower so I may hunt ebay/ fab another one up to work with the lopro mount. The jeep had some crazy vibes with the skid and a 1.5" tcase drop installed. It also has stock rear suspension. Stock skid is back on now, I'll tinker with it more during the axle swap/ lift with adj control arms. In other news I stole the xj's hd tie rod and some other goodies in prep for rausch creek!! I'll be leaving early in the morning for 3 days of fun!!
All packed up!!!
Unread 04-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #9
squirrelrocket
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Had a blast at Rausch Creek! This little jeep impressed the crap outta me. It crawled along no problem through the rocks and only had 2 obstacles I had to bypass. My group ran blue, blue/black and a few black trails.
My only damage was a snapped sway bar link 20 mins in. The stock tcase and gas tank skids also got pretty banged up, but I expected that being on the stock suspension. I also survived the 5 hour drive home with no rear sway bar and a broken front link. I lashed the link and bar together best I could with paracord. It half worked but the jeep had a jerky feel to it around sweeping bends haha.
On to the pics!!

Unread 04-28-2015, 02:19 PM   #10
squirrelrocket
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Also hit up Centralia on the way home. It's a coal fire ghost town. I've been there a few times and have always been the only person in the town. This time it was booming with tourists and another jeep club.

Looking at the pics with dirty wheels makes me want to ditch the purple. It worked on the XJ but not this one. I'm thinking a dark brownish tan. Maybe the same color as the top???
Unread 04-28-2015, 02:56 PM   #11
bparsel
2011 JK Wrangler 

Ive read about that place, seems crazy.
bparsel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2015, 12:37 PM   #12
squirrelrocket
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparsel
Ive read about that place, seems crazy.
Its a pretty cool place to check out if you are in the area. It's 30 mins away from rausch creek and the yuengling brewery. It'd make for a fun weekend!
Unread 05-05-2015, 03:08 PM   #13
squirrelrocket
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Get ready for some good updates!! I've been crazy busy at work but I've had Internet and a credit card that has yet to melt! I also returned the IRO hd steering kit, I kinda wanna give the synergy one a shot.

Arrived: all my tummy tuck brackets, sye, hand throttle parts, vision x led spots, novelty rocker switches, weld on control arm skids and other cheapo ebay stuff

Waiting to arrive:
Full rock krawler control arm set
F&R metalcloak track bars

And I'm still on the fence of what springs/ shocks to get. Hopefully I'll get the tummy tuck done, hp30 on and eaton wired by the weekend. Then start fiddling with pinion angles on the rear axle swap brackets.

I can't wait!!
Unread 05-06-2015, 09:21 AM   #14
98TJcomeonuh
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That's awesome you went to centralia! Your build is developing nicely.
98TJcomeonuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2015, 10:52 AM   #15
squirrelrocket
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TJcomeonuh
That's awesome you went to centralia! Your build is developing nicely.
Thanks man!!

Poor little cherokee!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.