The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #121
RockRodHooligan
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Has it really been that long since you seen your Jeep? It's a 10.5" on a 10" rim.

I may not be able to get you all of the rear brakes, but I will definitely be getting you the backing plates and refurbishing them, and the caliper cores. I just spoke with Connor and He said he'd get you Centric rotors, now all you need is EBC Green stuff pads and reman'd calipers if you don't want to use the JY ones.

Project: Silverback Ash to ash, dust to dust... Skin to bone, steel to rust... You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Cleanly done bob jobs are so cool.
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #122
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Awe <3 you guys.

And yes, in my head those tires are 12.50s.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2009, 11:22 PM   #123
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Come on now James...everybody and their moms know that they are 10.50. 31x12.50 BFG? Really? No. Unless that was a joke and you're just making fun of the fact of how wide and goofy they look.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 04:36 AM   #124
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

For some reason, that's what's sticking out in my head because they are so friggin wide. In fact, I was talking to someone on here the other day about it. LOL. I honestly can't ever remember looking at the tires to see the exact size. Well, you guys can see my Jeep. I can't. I'll take your word for it. Either way, I didn't buy them, they are trash. And I've ran the piss out of those tires on the trail. I've boldly taken them where they ought not have ever gone.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 04-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #125
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

hey, those land terrains are sweeeeeet and yes, they are indeed a 10.50, thats why you lose your beads so often, if for some reason it was a freakishly wide tire @ 31x12.50, you would probably be better off.

that being said, I also prefer an 8" rim, I ran 9 psi all day friday with no issues. you could easily sell yours and get some steelies or something if you dont wanna run a 10", but to be honest, if the tires fit, I'd run em, maybe paint em black or somethin

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #126
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I planned on just keeping the wheels and painting them black, or powdercoating them. I'll be able to get at least 12.50 wide tires when the time comes, though I'd rather put a 13.50 on that wide of a wheel. I'll probably just run them on there for now, until a better set of wheels is in the budget. Either way, I'll be worlds ahead of those stupid *** tires on there now.

Unread 04-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #127
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

eh, don't waste your money on powdercoating, you'll just chip em

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 04-05-2009, 02:37 PM   #128
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

That's what I told rod, but he swore that they'd last. I'm just as content to paint them, I don't really care either way. Point is, they won't be silvery/chrome/aluminum

Unread 04-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #129
RockRodHooligan
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The lip is the one place that the powder coating wont hold up. I don't know, I guess if you can get the powder coating cheep enough, from a place that does good work, it'd be worth it. If not, paint them.

Project: Silverback Ash to ash, dust to dust... Skin to bone, steel to rust... You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Cleanly done bob jobs are so cool.
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #130
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
The lip is the one place that the powder coating wont hold up. I don't know, I guess if you can get the powder coating cheep enough, from a place that does good work, it'd be worth it. If not, paint them.
x2

10char

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 04-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #131
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm just going to paint them and be done with it.

Unread 04-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #132
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Rust-Oleum is your friend.
never monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #133
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

James, I just found this thread (I really need to look through this section more, theres less of the "what axle do I have" and "how do I get my dome light to turn off" type of stuff lol) and I just read through the whole thing haha. I just wanted to comment on the picture of the "The Wall". I just wanted to let you know I share your frustrations with that stupid wall. I picked the wrong line on a wet day on that stupid wall (at the time, I was still on little 28" firestones destinations and just the BB) and I had to come down it and try again. Well I came down it a little fast, bottomed out the rear bumper and tore my exhaust up. All in the first 15 min of wheeling I managed to rip off a couple exhaust hangers and bend the tailpipe straight down so it dragged on the ground. Thanks to that wall my exhaust is now 2 feet shorter and my shock can is nicely dented from the bent exhaust beating the heck out of it while I drove it back to the front gate to cut it off
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 02:21 AM   #134
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmcastino View Post
James, I just found this thread (I really need to look through this section more, theres less of the "what axle do I have" and "how do I get my dome light to turn off" type of stuff lol) and I just read through the whole thing haha. I just wanted to comment on the picture of the "The Wall". I just wanted to let you know I share your frustrations with that stupid wall. I picked the wrong line on a wet day on that stupid wall (at the time, I was still on little 28" firestones destinations and just the BB) and I had to come down it and try again. Well I came down it a little fast, bottomed out the rear bumper and tore my exhaust up. All in the first 15 min of wheeling I managed to rip off a couple exhaust hangers and bend the tailpipe straight down so it dragged on the ground. Thanks to that wall my exhaust is now 2 feet shorter and my shock can is nicely dented from the bent exhaust beating the heck out of it while I drove it back to the front gate to cut it off
I still ask stupid questions from time to time, but I know what axles I have. ;p

The wall isn't anything more than an annoyance to me. I've made it up it a bunch of times, even on those stupid street tires, but if it's wet at all, forget it. Sucks you tore up your exhaust, but I'll bet you know to ride that brake when coming down off a descent like that now don't you? lol. I was climbing a different hill in the quarry before I left and having a hard time making it up it. I went to roll back down, and at some point in the climb I hopped about a foot to the left. That foot put me right in line with a big *** boulder at the bottom that I missed coming up. It bent my bumper out like a bowtie.

My jeep will be a different beast once I get done. The tires alone will make a huge difference, then toss in the lockers, and little bit of lift... I should be just fine. I still don't want to even think about the damned mud. But at least I'll be more prepared for it now. I want to go back on the trail I found during our hurricane Ike run. Where we thought it was the blue trail, but actually ended up being a crazy mix of mud chutes, and slick hill climbs behind the creek. I tell you what, if nothing else driving with street tires and still making your way through that crap will make you better driver in the long run. I now better understand how my Jeep will move when it's in mud, how it will slide, and when and where to give it the gas. lol

I miss wheeling a lot. Really. I am ready to come home already and put a dent in that pile of Jeep parts sitting in my house.

Unread 04-06-2009, 07:16 AM   #135
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I think by the time you get home Rod, Connor, and I will actually want to wrench again.....we are all so wrenched out....esp Rod, Connor and I have been working him like a mexican donkey

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.