The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #106
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ditch the super short sye, thats an extra 200 bucks isnt it? you can sell or return your dakota digital box, I understand wanting the ss sye, but you dont NEED it, you'll be more than fine with the standard JB conv SYE, which is still shorter than anyone elses.

Do not waste your money on spacers, if you want to cut back on that portion, do what Rod just said, run the RC 2.2 kit, its damn good and will give you a great ride, and AWESOME flex. and Its only 300, you'd spend the same on spacers and new shocks if you did a budget boost.

Jerry and I are talking about making our own belly up skids. I think I've got a pretty good grasp on a design, however it is for the NV3550 tranny, you and Jerry will have to find different mounts for your tranny, I am sure they are out there. Honestly, the Rokmen is a nice skid, but really, if I am spending that amount of money on something, I want it to give me A LOT more clearance than 2". there are guys running around with completely flat bellys for way cheaper because they used some ingenuity.

Honestly, I know you will do whatever it is you want to, but I think you should sell some of the **** you bought that you dont need.....ahem....train horns....I know I know, they are awesome and HILARIOUS, but they don't follow along what you always preach, function over form.

good luck man

edit: dont you dare buy 33s, that would be the biggest waste of money yet

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #107
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I THINK I've got it figured out. I went ahead and ordered the Rough Country lift with adjustable lower CAs.

Rough Country- Jeffrey
-2.5" Suspension Lift with Performance 2.2 shocks- Done
-4 X-Flex Adjustable Control Arms- Done
Order Total- 607.80 After Tax/Shipping/Discount (JF+Military)

That gets me almost where I need to be. Pat (Nevermonday) is going to sell me his used Tera belly up skid and that will get me even closer still. I should be fine. It will be close, but I'll be alright. Crisis averted.

Updated the first post in light of recent events.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...48&postcount=1

Mike, I didn't see your post when I was working on mine, so I'll respond now.

I'm still going to get the SYE, because it will make things easier for me in the future. And yeah, I've already got the dakota digital box, so it doesn't really matter. But I'd like to just run with it.

As for the belly up, Pat is going to hook me up on the cheap, so that's taken care of in the meantime. I still want to make my own in the future, and we'll get it figured out as far as a design goes. I've got some ideas.

The train horns... those make me smile every time I think about them. I am sure I will enjoy them more than some of the other mods I've listed. I'll be quite amused with them for a long time. So they are definitely staying.

And I didn't really plan on buying the 33's, I was just saying it was an option if I had to cut cost even more, it was another place I could trim. I'll most definitely be running 35's if at all possible.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.

Last edited by Bennettj13; 04-04-2009 at 03:12 PM..
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2009, 03:45 PM   #108
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

awesome James, I'm glad to hear you've got it worked out brother, you wont be dissapointed with that 2.2 kit. And you made me smile when you said you are keeping the train horns.....I died a little inside when I told you to sell them.

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 04-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #109
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

dont forget you will need rear upper adj. control arms for that belly up

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 04-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #110
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
dont forget you will need rear upper adj. control arms for that belly up
you need some? I have those too.
never monday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #111
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Alright man, here's my take. Nicely done on the RC stuff--great stuff that you won't regret. Their new arms look badass, their coils and freakin slinkies and the shocks are beefy and ride awesome. Get uppers now because you will need them with the tummy tuck....I would recommend some Rokmen uppers for a CV/SYE combo. They will give you the adjustment you need and like all Rokmen products are BEEF. Get the super short SYE. I've got the regular length and everything is going to work great, but my shaft is only 16 3/16" long and my pinion angle will be just under 30 degrees when all is said and done....30 degrees (!!!) with a 2.5" lift and a non-flat tummy tuck. Get the SS SYE. When it comes to belly skids, the tera looks nice and I'm digging my Rokmen. I would love to make my own one day that is completely flat but for now, I'm happy with the Rokmen. I can't wait to see how it does in the rock garden. It's not as flat as I would like it, but it did give 2.25" over stock, which is a ton as you know. And, it's pure and simple beef like all Rokmen products. And, get the 35s man. I'm not a fan of the width but they are discounted nicely. So far, I'm gaining more and more experience of what to do and what not to do, so ask my opinion if you want it. However, if we'll be doing any welding on your rig, I'm going to be a measuring Nazi so that you don't have to go through what I'm going through right now.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #112
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I think as good of a recommendation as the Rokmen arms are, he's trying to save some doe, and those certainly won't help there.

As far as your skid Connor, its BA, I know this, and I also know that if I had the Rokmen yesterday in the rocks, I wouldnt have been scraping the living hell out of mine! Oh, side note, I took a pretty damn hard hit to one of my control arms (front lower right) and it only took off some paint, no dent at all! Rustys for the win!!

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 04-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #113
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think as good of a recommendation as the Rokmen arms are, he's trying to save some doe, and those certainly won't help there.

As far as your skid Connor, its BA, I know this, and I also know that if I had the Rokmen yesterday in the rocks, I wouldnt have been scraping the living hell out of mine! Oh, side note, I took a pretty damn hard hit to one of my control arms (front lower right) and it only took off some paint, no dent at all! Rustys for the win!!
Agreed, I didn't really think of the $$ aspect since, well, it's james moneybags bennett!! JK man. Anyway, for uppers Rustys seem awesome. I wouldn't hesistate in recommending them since I've seen Mike's and the price is excellent. But, if you're going with Currie arms then you might as well take advantage of the flex that system will give you and go with the Currie rear uppers with JJ's on both ends...why go with double JJ's on the lowers and not with the uppers? That would just make the JJ lowers sort of pointless since you won't get the full benefit of them with a rubber bushing holding you back. And yes, the Rokmen skid is sweet but I would love a FLAT skid...so please, someone do one. After looking at mine underneath for a while, it would only take a modified exhaust to go totally flat with a 1.25" body lift...and I really think that extra .25" is necessary for it. With a totally flat skid, I think it would be worth the work to lower the profile of the current tranny mount or find one for purchase. It will help with the driveshaft angle and make things less tight. James, your jeep looks like a great candidate for a flat-*** skid so keep that in mind.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #114
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by never monday View Post
you need some? I have those too.
****, I did forget about that. Yeah, I'll need those too. What kind are they?

Rod, I just realized that I forgot to say Thank You. For the brakes, and for the painting bit. I really appreciate it.

And connor, the tires are 12.50's if I don't use the wheels I've got now. Being that my wheels are 10" wide, I do NOT want to put another 12.50 on there. It's too easy to pop beads off of there, as I've proved to you all time and time again.

Thanks guys, for all the help/advice. I do appreciate it. Right now, the lift area is all about compromise. I'm ok with getting everything else that I've got planned and running my less than ideal lift in the meantime. Because it's only a matter of time before I build my own mid arm set up.

You guys should see some of the designs that I've got worked up for the TJ **** I want to make. I actually wrote up a complete product line (30-40ish? different products) that I've already went over with Rod, but if you guys are ever on Yahoo Messenger, I'd be happy to go over it with you as well. We'll need test mules too, don't forget. My name on there is Bennettj13 as well.

I'm really excited to get into school finally, and I can't even tell you how bad I can't wait to get to work on my own lift. And also to start getting some of these ideas out of my head and into the real world. I've always been an ideas man. And even if I can't make the things I want to make, I'm determined to get with someone who can. I've got far too many ideas that I think will benefit the hobby to not do so. Thanks again for the help guys.

I'm headed to the gym, so I'll be back in a bit. Still working on losing more weight. I'm down 25 lbs so far. No beer+no sex+free gym = buff James. I'll check in when I'm done.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 04-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #115
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

not sure who's they were originally. I whacked the bushings off of the frame end and welded on JJ's

Unread 04-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #116
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Make that 27 lbs lost boys! Mwahaha. Wait until it actually gets hot here. I bet I'll lose another 10 lbs.

What's up with the shock boots on there Pat? I'm sure those will work just fine for me. I'll be able to flex fine between the stock upper fronts, RC lowers F/R, and your uppers I'm sure.

Unread 04-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #117
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

it's the way they came...

I did cut off the tabs to bolt you brake cables to
Unread 04-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #118
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

your 10" rim would work great with a 35x12.50, you wouldnt have any issues with it compared to your 31x10.50s on a 10" rim.

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 04-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #119
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
your 10" rim would work great with a 35x12.50, you wouldnt have any issues with it compared to your 31x10.50s on a 10" rim.
depends on what 12.50's. My LTB's are narrow and wouldn't work on a 10. I think 8's are a better choice.
Unread 04-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #120
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Pretty sure those land terrains are 12.50's. Almost 100%

Tags
76% lcog , custom , custom suspension , indyorv , jeep on jackstands , jk , lots o' spares , orange , overcompensating , pitbull , pumpkin , rockers , rubi axles , skinny pedal , slowest build in history , tjk , tnt , triangulated , truss , tube fenders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.