The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-21-2009, 06:07 AM   #91
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'll pass on the muffler Jerry. I'm sure I'll get it broke in just fine. I would suggest not buying one though until you hear it. I liked it much better than the super 44's when I heard the video clip.

I have nightmares about coming home expecting to see a pile of parts and instead seeing yours and Rod's rigs all upgraded. I'd hate to go back to prison... But it would be worth it for the Jeep.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #92
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

I wouldnt do that to ya bro

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #93
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil101 View Post
I wouldnt do that to ya bro
LOL. I know man, I was just screwing around.

I am planning on starting to buy the suspension parts out of this next check on the 1st. Unless something comes up, that's next up on the block.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 03-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #94
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well, instead of suspension stuff, I decided I'm going to get the winch out of the way since I found it for even cheaper than on the morris4x4 site. I found the Warn M8000 for $549 from Motion Offroad. So I'll have 4wp pricematch that. I REALLY doubt I'll find it any cheaper. I'm also going to order the Rokmen Up-armor package 1 (Engine and Trans skid) and order their steering box skid as well. With what's left, I'll probably pick up the OBA.

I also changed my mind on the front JKS track bar in light of Mudb8's latest thread. Since I'll be running the Riddler Diff guard, the JKS will probably hit. After seeing the issues others have had, I'm just going to run the Rock Krawler trackbar with the extended bracket instead. It's beefy as hell and is about the same price.

Updating the build list to reflect current plans.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...48&postcount=1

I also added prices I paid so far, and prices that I've found for current items. Enjoy.

Last edited by Bennettj13; 03-28-2009 at 12:33 PM..
Unread 03-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #95
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Just to let you know I want to grab your HP30 before I take my 44 to the blasters, I want to have them both done at the same time, may be able to save a little money that way.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #96
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

That's cool man. I've got a little while before I come home still.

Unread 03-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #97
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Get em done from the guy that was gonna do mine....75 for both axles.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #98
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Found a bracket to replace the stock tire carrier that won't give under the weight of an oversize tire. After talking to the company for a few days now, I feel pretty confident in it and am going to give it a whirl. They put 36" IROKs on it, no reason my Pitbull won't fit. The only thing that sucks is that I'll have to figure out something for the 3rd brakelight.

http://www.4wheelcustoms.com/Product....asp?ID=158266

So that, with the winch, which was 599, not 549, I apologize... the OBA, and Rokmen steering skid, along with the eng/trans skid combo.

If I've got money left, I'll get the mounting plate and winch cover, and other diff cover.

I am not happy about what shipping is going to be on the Rokmen stuff. If they'll do a military discount, that would help offset it, but I'm not going to pay full price. I'll buy a used one somewhere, or go another route entirely before I pay full price + shipping. I have no tolerance for companies that won't work with the military. Unfortunately Redrock4x4 doesn't do a military discount either. Although Jason at Redrock was good to work with, it would have been nice to get something off when I'm calling up to drop a grand.

Side rant... a 10% discount for military is kinda the standard, but that's the standard for damn near any kind of discount. I mean, it's kinda ****ty really, it kinda demeans the value of the discount you know? I'm grateful that the companies think to offer it but really (though I'm sure most offer it out of the want to capture more business), if I was just a *****y customer, I could still get 10% off. Anyways, rant over.

Unread 03-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #99
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Picked up the tire carrier bracket from 4 Wheel Customs. I'm pretty excited about that. It's the perfect solution for me until I can build my own. The guy that I was talking to about it runs 36x13.50 Iroks and he's had one sitting on the back of his tailgate on that bracket for 3+ years. If it works that well, I may not even build a swingout, and just build a regular bumper. I can always add a swingout to it later.

AND

Brinks at the Indy 4wp took care of me for...(Names in parenthesis is where I price-matched to)

-Riddler D30 cover- 104.99 (Motion Offroad)
-ViAir Constant Duty Onboard Air System- 349.99 (Morris 4x4 Center)
-JKSmfg 1.25" B1 Body lift- 109.95 (northridge)
-JKS Rear Adjustable Trackbar- 136.95 (northridge)
-Warn M8000 Winch- 579.95 (Motion Offroad)
-Warn Winch Soft Cover (For Warn Larger Winches)- 50.99 (Morris 4x4 Center)

1314.02 after it was all said and done (for product details see first post in thread). Not bad at all. That's about $2150ish in parts depending where you are pricing. The Deal King strikes again. Only bad news so far today aside from Rokmen (see below), is that 4wp can't get me the Rock Krawler Trackbar. I'll have to order that through someone else, but I've already found a place, and they are running a 10% off sale (now to call and see if they'll let me double dip on the discounts).

I have yet to get Rokmen to pick up their phone. Or return my call with an email (I'm not stupid enough to think anyone is going to call internationally just to get a sale). I'll give them until Saturday evening my time... Then I'm going to find someone else to go with.

Also, updated the list on page one.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...48&postcount=1

Unread 03-31-2009, 04:02 PM   #100
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Brinks is about the only sensible guy I have spoke with out at the 4wp in town. seems to be a good guy.

How much did you pay for that tire carrier bracket? Im gonna need a spare before I can foot the bill for a tire carrier

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #101
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
Brinks is about the only sensible guy I have spoke with out at the 4wp in town. seems to be a good guy.

How much did you pay for that tire carrier bracket? Im gonna need a spare before I can foot the bill for a tire carrier

64.79 After Tax/Shipping

Unread 04-02-2009, 04:50 AM   #102
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Still no luck with Rokmen... I don't understand how they can't pick up the phone.

Unread 04-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #103
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Alright, I'm looking at making some budget cuts. I've spent too much out of my Jeep fund on other stuff not Jeep related (like all the presents I sent home for Christmas, and the presents that I've bought but not given yet. What wife is going to expect her guy to spend money from his Jeep fund on her? LOL, though she's not all of it, you get the point.). I also made the mistake of buying all the small **** first. Lesson well learned.

SO... I'm looking to cut a few things out. As much as I hate to. I've still got some money coming in that I've not accounted for, but if it comes down to it I'm going to skip a few things in lieu of still having a drivable Jeep.

While it won't be built the way I wanted it, I'll still be able to manage in the meantime. I'm still going to buy as much as I can, while I can. Even if it needs to sit in the garage for a while until I get the funds to finish up. I've been seriously debating building my own skid plates for a while now anyways, so I think that might be a good way start. I could also just lose the currie arms for now. Just keep the crap stock ones for the time being, until I get into the suspension portion of my class when I get home and can just build my mid arm set up then. That will save me a good bit right there. I don't know. I'm going to buy what I can... But I'll probably push those things off until last to see how the money goes. I'm guessing I'll be close to 2000 short. I'm pissed. But it's still workable. I flourish in hard times. I have to, I'm too good at screwing myself over LOL.

Still left-
Front Tubes, Rear Tubes, Rockers, Rear Super 44 kit, Front Axle Seals, Front Trackbar, OME 2.5 lift, Currie Arms, SYE, Tires, Vancos, Steering/Transmission/Engine Skids, Winchplate

And my arguments...

The tubes and rockers- I can get a package deal from TnT if I buy all 3. Plus shipping will be a lot less if I do it that way. So, I'd like to get them.

Super 44 kit- Well, I'll have the front already, and I'd like to build up the rear axle to better handle the 35's. Plus, I hate running wire and anything similar, so I'd like to get all that crap out of the way all at once...

OME Lift- I don't really have an argument for this. I almost think I might be better off just getting some big *** coil spacers and toughing it out with that and the BL in the meantime. Do I buy some springs and shocks seperate and piece together a lift? Do I still do the OME lift? I don't even know anymore. With the tubes, I can probably get away with a 2.5 coil spacer kit + the BL if I had to.

Currie Arms- I don't really have an argument for this either. I know it would go a ways to improving the ride, but that's 900 bucks too... for arms that I'll hypothetically be replacing after a year or so with a mid arm set up. I don't know. Run the stock arms or the Currie arms?

Skids- Well, if I get them, I'd just feel better rather than waiting and beating on the stock/non-existant ones there now. I am sure that with the bigger tires and lockers/winch I'm going to be getting myself into more trouble. Do I really want to risk screwing anything up that bad? I've been taking chances this whole time so far, why push it?

SYE- No argument for having this either really. But if I don't, I've already got the Dakota Digital box I'll need down the road. So, do I put the SYE and screw with the driveshaft several times... or just leave it out until I do the "real" lift later?

Vancos- Non-negotiable with 35's. Period.

Tires- Basically, I am getting a great discount on some Pit Bull tires. I was looking at them for a while and after talking to them. I decided I was going to go for it. So, I don't want to NOT take advantage of the discount. If I wait a little while longer than I really want to once I get home (the factory making did something and pushed production back a bit), I can have the tires I want, AND they'll fit on my 15x10 wheels, without me having to buy new wheels. So, I'd like to not waste the discount on a set of 33's that I'll hate as soon as I put the real lift on the Jeep and it can handle 35's.

The things I'm just going to go ahead and get, the winchplate (pointless to have the winch if I can't mount it lol), the front trackbar (might as well), and tube seals. That will almost wrap up the rest of the little ****, and leave only the big stuff. I'll still have to buy the LED rear lights and any other things that might pop up like the gear install.

So alright, tell me how stupid I am for not buying the big **** first, but give me some advice when you are done. I'm REALLY pissed about the whole thing and I'd like to figure something out here. I'm aware I've bought some **** that I don't "need" so far. But I'm beyond that and dealing with what's here in front of me now. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Bennettj13; 04-03-2009 at 04:52 PM..
Unread 04-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #104
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I'm beat from wheelin today, but I'll get on here tomorrow and give my suggestions. But to tide you over, what about just getting the Currie LCAs and leaving the stock uppers? At least then you could re-use some of the JJs when you make your mid-arm.

Quote:
Penis inches...
Unread 04-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #105
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post

Still left-
Front Tubes, Rear Tubes, Rockers, Rear Super 44 kit, Front Axle Seals, Front Trackbar, OME 2.5 lift, Currie Arms, SYE, Tires, Vancos, Steering/Transmission/Engine Skids, Winchplate

And my arguments...

The tubes and rockers- I can get a package deal from TnT if I buy all 3. Plus shipping will be a lot less if I do it that way. So, I'd like to get them.
Get them, less chance for body damage, and better clearance for your tires, and I'll even paint them for free, with your help! Don't re think painting the any color than Impact Orange, it'll cost you more to buy enough cans of spray paint to paint them black.

Quote:
Super 44 kit- Well, I'll have the front already, and I'd like to build up the rear axle to better handle the 35's. Plus, I hate running wire and anything similar, so I'd like to get all that crap out of the way all at once...
Does it really need to be a Super 44? If it would be the same price for an ARB and 30 spline shafts, go for it. If it'll save you a couple hundred to not go super 44, leave it 30 spline. I have 2 spare 44 shafts now, and Superior has a life time guaranty on their Evolution shafts.

Quote:
OME Lift- I don't really have an argument for this. I almost think I might be better off just getting some big *** coil spacers and toughing it out with that and the BL in the meantime. Do I buy some springs and shocks seperate and piece together a lift? Do I still do the OME lift? I don't even know anymore. With the tubes, I can probably get away with a 2.5 coil spacer kit + the BL if I had to.
What about the Ruff Country 2.2 kit? Springs and shocks for $300, yeah it doesn't come with bump stop stuff, but we can easily fix that. Mike has the shocks and is getting the springs soon, Connor has the kit and loves it. I've ridden in Mikes, I'm getting the shocks. His Jeep rides like a Caddy compared to mine, even after I threw out those Procrap shocks.

Quote:
Currie Arms- I don't really have an argument for this either. I know it would go a ways to improving the ride, but that's 900 bucks too... for arms that I'll hypothetically be replacing after a year or so with a mid arm set up. I don't know. Run the stock arms or the Currie arms?
See above suggestion about just getting lowers

Quote:
Skids- Well, if I get them, I'd just feel better rather than waiting and beating on the stock/non-existant ones there now. I am sure that with the bigger tires and lockers/winch I'm going to be getting myself into more trouble. Do I really want to risk screwing anything up that bad? I've been taking chances this whole time so far, why push it?
I'll have to chat with you about this, or call me, I still think making your own flat belly is a better way, but I agree, you need something in the mean time.

Quote:
SYE- No argument for having this either really. But if I don't, I've already got the Dakota Digital box I'll need down the road. So, do I put the SYE and screw with the driveshaft several times... or just leave it out until I do the "real" lift later?
Once you do a belly up, or flat belly, you will probably need one.

Quote:
Vancos- Non-negotiable with 35's. Period.
Agreed, but I'm getting you rear disc breaks for your b-day, sorry to ruin the surprise, but they DO make a difference.

Quote:
Tires- Basically, I am getting a great discount on some Pit Bull tires. I was looking at them for a while and after talking to them. I decided I was going to go for it. So, I don't want to NOT take advantage of the discount. If I wait a little while longer than I really want to once I get home (the factory making did something and pushed production back a bit), I can have the tires I want, AND they'll fit on my 15x10 wheels, without me having to buy new wheels. So, I'd like to not waste the discount on a set of 33's that I'll hate as soon as I put the real lift on the Jeep and it can handle 35's.
Get the 35's

Quote:
The things I'm just going to go ahead and get, the winchplate (pointless to have the winch if I can't mount it lol), the front trackbar (might as well), and tube seals. That will almost wrap up the rest of the little ****, and leave only the big stuff. I'll still have to buy the LED rear lights and any other things that might pop up like the gear install.
I'd wait till last to get this stuff, we can figure out something for all of this to get you by if need be.

Quote:
Penis inches...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.