The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #841
RockRodHooligan
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I had to take that side of the axle apart several times to get the brake pads right, remove ABS wiring, straighten the dust shields so they would stop rubbing the rotors, etc. It was a pain since I wasn't the one who took it all apart, and was swearing like a sailor the whole time, **** happens I guess.

Project: Silverback Ash to ash, dust to dust... Skin to bone, steel to rust... You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Cleanly done bob jobs are so cool.
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #842
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

It's all good. I put the bolt in tonight and tightened it up to half past badass and think it's good to go now. I took it for a spin, and I can't wait to get the gas tank, steering, diffs, driveshaft, coils and shocks taken care of. Almost there.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #843
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Feel much better with the sway loc in the lock position. Unlike the way we were running it. It felt crazy soft before.

black xj

IndyORV™
http://www.indyorv.com
rkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #844
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkates View Post
Feel much better with the sway loc in the lock position. Unlike the way we were running it. It felt crazy soft before.
lol yeah, but I'm still not happy with how it's riding yet. I'm sure it will be better after the next round of wrenching.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 11-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #845
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Good luck with starting to get things dialed in. Have you installed the new springs yet? Any vibes front the front (doubt it will matter much).

I hope the rear isn't locked too.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #846
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok... I am sorry that I am typing this. I have to say though, the black windshield protectors and the Moabs just aren't doing it for me. I have always just thought black moabs looked a little odd (gun metal grey, not that is a completely different story). It too me this long to figure out that little bit of oddity.

Still though, one of the most beautiful Jeeps here. Starting to look as clean as Idaho-Jeep's before he scratched it up
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 11-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #847
SgtHatred
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Love the jeep man
SgtHatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #848
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIvIIonster03 View Post
Love the jeep man
IIVII03, this is one of my virtual build threads (sorry to go off topic here James).

I think I have a JF stalker, ohhh nooooes

/me checks behind him
Unread 11-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #849
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Essentially it changes the mounting of the tie rod in a pretty cool way along with raising it and pushing it a little farther from the diff to allow for aftermarket diff covers.
James we were pretty tight on your swaybar mounts with the straight tie rod. If the ORO has any upward bend to it you might hit those mounts, and there's no where else to go! Trust me, we looked at every option for mounting those things while still maintaining a 90deg angle between the link and the axle.
2008 Rubi Unlimited: Gone!
Smashin' Punkin - 06 Rubi LJ, Cummins QSB3.3, work in progress
IndyORV
Red_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #850
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
Good luck with starting to get things dialed in. Have you installed the new springs yet? Any vibes front the front (doubt it will matter much).

I hope the rear isn't locked too.
No I haven't installed the new coils yet. And I don't THINK I've got any vibes. It's actually really smooth. There's a little, but i don't know if that's just from the locker being locked or the tires. I won't know until I get it unlocked and get the rear DS in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
Ok... I am sorry that I am typing this. I have to say though, the black windshield protectors and the Moabs just aren't doing it for me. I have always just thought black moabs looked a little odd (gun metal grey, not that is a completely different story). It too me this long to figure out that little bit of oddity.

Still though, one of the most beautiful Jeeps here. Starting to look as clean as Idaho-Jeep's before he scratched it up
Well unfortunately for you, I like the look. Nothing else on my Jeep is grey. I got rid of the hideous grey top. So, sorry. I like it. Thanks for the comparison to Idaho though. He's got a kick *** Jeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIvIIonster03 View Post
Love the jeep man
Thanks for the compliment man. I appreciate it. Hopefully it ends up as well as I envision it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Smoke View Post
James we were pretty tight on your swaybar mounts with the straight tie rod. If the ORO has any upward bend to it you might hit those mounts, and there's no where else to go! Trust me, we looked at every option for mounting those things while still maintaining a 90deg angle between the link and the axle.
This mounts off the knuckle and moves everything forward. We should be fine. I don't think it will be any problem.

Unread 11-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #851
RockRodHooligan
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
This mounts off the knuckle and moves everything forward. We should be fine. I don't think it will be any problem.
Lets hope so.

Project: Silverback Ash to ash, dust to dust... Skin to bone, steel to rust... You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Cleanly done bob jobs are so cool.
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 07:56 AM   #852
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am totally on board with the Moabs. They totally MAKE the look. I've never been so envious of Moabs. This thing is quite possibly the meanest looking jeep I've seen....and that's pretty impressive considering the wimpy orange color.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:49 AM   #853
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
I am totally on board with the Moabs.
I thought he was running Rockstars????

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #854
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here's some pics. I slept late so there's no more than this, but it looks much better in the sunlight. Don't you think?

I'll get more with it all changed up. But for now, this is what you get. Enjoy.

Unread 11-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #855
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Holy Jesus. Thats awesome.
DBLJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.