The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #811
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great Mr. Monk. I don't think you have to be so obsessive about such a small thing (actually, I can understand why you want it to be perfect). Hope all goes well for the front diff.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #812
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Smoke View Post
Are you sure there's not a burr on the edge of the corner guard which prevents the rocker from fully seating on the tub?
Yep. You can push the rocker in there by hand. It's simply a matter of there not being a bolt there. There's a bunch of crap on the other side (seatbelt junk) though. I don't know. I'm probably going to end up drilling another hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro95 View Post
Looks good.....when we getting it dirty?
Soon as I get the SYE/DS in, and the lockers wired I'm game. That is the bare minimum. I'll make Rod carry my spare lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
Looks great Mr. Monk. I don't think you have to be so obsessive about such a small thing (actually, I can understand why you want it to be perfect). Hope all goes well for the front diff.
Well, that's the perfect place for mud and dirt, and everything else get in there. It's not about being obsessive as much as it is about not being pleased with this portion of the install. Where I wheel, mud is inevitable. This is not acceptable. Either I'll be drilling another hole, or filling it with silicone. Thanks for the well wishing and the compliments everyone.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #813
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

YOu sir have my new favorite jeep.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #814
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Looks great
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #815
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

So... is this going to be TJoTM December? If both you and Flatlander go for it, I think there will be a tight race. Such a beautiful Jeep it will be cool to see it sloppy with mud.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #816
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looking good James. I don't think I've seen any rocker guard sit perfectly flush with the body. You could get some gasket under there or run a bead of clear RTV across the top. Or both.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #817
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

We never removed the black rubber protective strip thing that was there, we used it as a gasket kind of like you did with yours. I second the decision to try and figure out a place to run another bolt though the rear of the rocker.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #818
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Oh well there you go. The body is protected then. Lets go wheelin!!!
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:49 PM   #819
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry James, but the Pumpkinator will always be the Paperplate Avenger, to me...

GO LAND TERRAINS!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #820
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I never thought anyone would say that I have their favorite Jeep. That's ****ing awesome.

On a side note, the Rockers are incredibly quiet. I forgot to mention that earlier. Quite seriously, my Land Terrains were louder. I'm sure it might change with wear, but for now, I'm continually amazed by these tires. Unreal.

Jeffro, it's fun to see where it all started. I want to drive up the wall in reverse now... just to show it who's the boss.

No Tony Danza pics.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 11-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #821
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

looks great james! i challenge you to a duel!

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #822
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have a better contest. I will take my tow chain and wrap it around your bumper, then hook it to mine. We can both sit ion that hill and then try to pull each other. I will even take the high side for you. I think I have the advantage, and I will walk away victorious. You will even be able to get a new bumper after that.

By "be able" I mean will need.
Unread 11-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #823
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I may have to plan a trip over your way one of these days to run the trails with you guys.
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #824
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
looks great james! i challenge you to a duel!
Accepted sir. Badlands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
I have a better contest. I will take my tow chain and wrap it around your bumper, then hook it to mine. We can both sit ion that hill and then try to pull each other. I will even take the high side for you. I think I have the advantage, and I will walk away victorious. You will even be able to get a new bumper after that.

By "be able" I mean will need.
Yes, but then my wife would be mad. And I'd have to make your Jeep a part of my first flex pics.

lol jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarcher89 View Post
I may have to plan a trip over your way one of these days to run the trails with you guys.
Make it happen! I want to come down and run Hannibal sometime too. We'll have to get together.

Unread 11-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #825
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

your comments on the pit bulls are making me rethink my tire choice
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.