The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #796
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
lol I've been doing that wall forever... on street tires. The only times I couldn't was when it was too wet for the Land Terrains to grab. With the Rockers, I'm going to climb over Connors Jeep... while he's climbing the wall.

Headed to the dealership here in a bit. Wish me luck.
Hey now, let's not get any crazy ideas. That won't happen.

Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #797
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be getting the bolt tomorrow. Diff is still locked. Dealership tech told me that he dealt with one before. He said I have to pull the carrier, pull the actuator, then put the carrier back in, THEN the actuator. Most people don't know to mess with the actuator at all, so this is what happens. He said it won't damage anything, but it's not that hard to fix. Here's hopin.

Rod and I are headed to Fairmount to get the rockers. Once they are mounted, I'll put pics up. I don't want to debut the "finished" look and have it be incomplete.

Here's a teaser though... Look at that sexy ***

If you've got any pic requests, make them now. I'll try and get them in on the next update after the rockers later this afternoon.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #798
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

James, why is your bumper and gas tank all messed up?!?!?!

As for pic requests. I wil just try to blanket cover them all:

Front: Full front on from low, above, slight to the drivers, slight to the pass.

Suspension: Joints, frame mounts, mount by the skid, shocks, coils perches,

Axle: Pumpkin, brakes, control arm mounts,pinion angle

Rear: The odd bumper, that tank, slight side angle for both pass and driver's side. Tire coverage

Side: Gotta see that new rocking paint scheme.

Top: Can we have some pics of that top, is it a full front enclosure, looks like there is a window in the back.

Flex: Need some flex pics, wouldn't be a build without em.

There is probably more that others will ask for, I just wanted to cover the main stuff. I guess I really am demanding. Looking good there James.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #799
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

The bumper and tank skid are from wheeling rocks in a lowrider. I'll see what I can do about all those other pics once I get home.

No flex pics until I get the new shocks/coils in. I don't have the shock travel for anything but street driving right now. I also have no rear ds yet. So no 4wd. You better believe I'll have some flex pics as soon as I can.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 11-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #800
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice, I figured you would have flex pics yet since I didn't think the new stuff was in yet. I hear you on the whole low rider thing, I feel like my Jeep sits high, but I am taller than it, so really, it is just the command seating. One day though, one day.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #801
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's all about having a sick rig like that and then running around with the silly looking, empty stock spare carrier Haha just teasin ya man, looking killer!

On a more serious note. Are we assuming that the locker issue was from the guy regearing them and not doing the actuator right? If so, at someone might want to give him a heads up or something if he ever deals with a JK Rubi in the future
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #802
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmcastino View Post
It's all about having a sick rig like that and then running around with the silly looking, empty stock spare carrier Haha just teasin ya man, looking killer!

On a more serious note. Are we assuming that the locker issue was from the guy regearing them and not doing the actuator right? If so, at someone might want to give him a heads up or something if he ever deals with a JK Rubi in the future
The tire carrier shouldn't be too tough of a problem to fix. Just need to drill a few holes.

I'm going to call the gear guy tomorrow. Who knows, he might offer to fix it. I'm sure he will. Tim was awesome to work with.

Rod and I just got done with the rockers. It's pitch black outside so I have to see what pics came out. I'll post up in a few. I'll wait to get the pic requests until it's light out.

Unread 11-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #803
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I'd like to see a 3/4 view
Unread 11-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #804
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Pics.......

As if I didn't get to see it enough last night. Thing is super sharp.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #805
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

New coils are here.

Pre-loading the rockers.

Rockers and no doors.

Gangsta James drilling the underside mounting holes.

All done.

The "****light"

And here's what I don't like... Granted there's bolts underneath mounting through the floors here, but still, I can't get over the ill fitment against the side of the tub. They fit great against the rear corners, but I HATE the gap between the tub. Meh.

Unread 11-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #806
99TJSahara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Too sexy, looks amazing man, great job
Are the new coils installed in the pics?
99 Wrangler Sahara-sold
99TJSahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #807
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'll get more, better pics tomorrow. Rod said not to mind the swirl marks, he's going to take care of them. Enjoy.

Unread 11-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #808
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

And no, the new coils aren't in yet. I'll do that when I re-measure for the new shocks.

Unread 11-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #809
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Are you sure there's not a burr on the edge of the corner guard which prevents the rocker from fully seating on the tub?
2008 Rubi Unlimited: Gone!
Smashin' Punkin - 06 Rubi LJ, Cummins QSB3.3, work in progress
IndyORV
Red_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #810
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good.....when we getting it dirty?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
76% lcog , custom , custom suspension , indyorv , jeep on jackstands , jk , lots o' spares , orange , overcompensating , pitbull , pumpkin , rockers , rubi axles , skinny pedal , slowest build in history , tjk , tnt , triangulated , truss , tube fenders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.