Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
636K views 5K replies 220 participants last post by  JK08JK 
#1 · (Edited)
Firstly, I would like to thank Pat (Nevermonday) and Blaine (mrblaine) for all of their help with all of my questions, the phone calls, and everything else. Without those two, I'd be clueless. Also a big thanks to Robert, Rod, Jerry, Connor, Chris, Marty, and Mike. For all of the help so far, and all the work that you'll help me with that you don't know about yet. :) Also, thank you to Idaho Jeep, thedirt, jason m, Jerry Bransford, and anyone else that I may have missed. There have been tons of people on here who have given me plenty of advice (not that I listened to all of it ;) ) but I think I've got what I want figured out now with everyones help. So, cheers to you. :cheers:

I started ordering parts today for my build, so I thought I'd go ahead and make a thread. There won't be any actual building until I get home from Kuwait, but until then, I figure someone may want to look in on what I'm up to.

If I had any idea how much things would change.... lol... yeah... I edited the first post because I saw how wrong it was after not being changed for like 2 years. Anyways, the Jeep changes a lot in this thread. Enjoy the read, and the banter. There's lots of that. Lots and lots of that.

#1,933 ·
That's 65.5 wms to wms. Sorry.

#1,934 ·
Got your message. Will do James.

#1,936 ·
Hope those measurements help James. It was almost depressing snagging them for you. Seriously.... only 9.5" at the belly :pout:

#1,940 ·
James asked for some measurments from a stock Jeep. It is time for him to do some math to figure out exactly what he has achieved with his Jeep. My 31"s run true for the spare, but they are 29.5" tall under the Jeep. I can only imagine how small my last set were (they were 215/75R15, so they were probably like 27").

#1,942 ·
James, you work at HD there must be about 500 stock Jeeps through that parking lot every day!!!
Just have the guy that collects all the carts do some measurements of say 20 different TJ's!!
Have him take down the tire sizes the axle clearences and the belly clearences then make a chart.
Tell him it's part of his training :thumbsup:

#1,943 ·
I'm exhausted, so I'm not entirely sure that my numbers are correct. Some of them sure don't seem so. I'm going to get with rod next time I see him and have him look them over. We did the original estimates months ago.

#1,944 ·
Post in your own thread, ****. You only have like 456688944 to choose from. You guys are relentless.

#1,945 ·
But you know what? You don't hear me crying about having a thread with "so much bs in it" that you have to go though 456688944 posts to get to any real tech. All of my threads are component specific, aside from the Jeep itself, make it easy to find answers you are looking for.

#1,946 ·
Gee rod why is there so much bs?

#1,947 ·
Anyways, I ordered the 7/8" tap I needed for the bumpstops today from Grainger. It will be here Monday. I still need to order the new front shock. I can't decide what I want to do though. If I want to keep the 14" front, or just get 12" fronts. I'll figure it out. Monday I spose I'm going to **** around with the Jeep some. There's plenty of **** to do that's for sure. I may finally install that MCAI. Maybe.

#1,949 ·
Thanks. It's annoying as hell. But if I edit it at all, I have to change it because I'm not premium. And it's much funnier to me to just bug the piss out of people.

I'm pretty much done with JF anyways. So I really don't care.

#1,953 ·
Not a bit on the jeep. Lots of progress on new business ventures however. Nothing I can talk about here though. Lol soon enough I'll make some progress on my jeep. I've just got a lot on my plate. We'll see.

#1,955 ·
It will be good for all of us. I'll fill you in next time we chat.

#1,959 ·
I hate you guys so much.

#1,961 ·
On my way home tonight I almost died. ****ing Jeep. The bottom caliper bolt that came out on the first night the jeep was put back together decided to either break or work it's way loose as I was coming to a stop. All I know is, there was a pop/clunk noise, and the next thing I knew I was in a hurry headed towards oncoming traffic. Luckily I was braking coming up to a stop sign. I am so sick of these little piddly things.

#1,966 ·
What's that stuff for? :cool:

Sure is. I would imagine it was a grade 8 bolt, so it is unlikely that you broke it.
I have to agree with Luckrider on this one :fear:, but I have seen those caliper bolts work loose from time to time, they also have a nasty habit of wallowing out their holes in the knuckle (maybe more of a TJ issue than a JK though) If the bolt broke, I'd be very surprised.

#1,965 ·
Sure is. I would imagine it was a grade 8 bolt, so it is unlikely that you broke it.

#1,969 ·
Picking up new caliper bolts tomorrow morning. Autozone said "it's a vendor only item, I can't get it. Try advanced or o'rielly's". Advanced would only sell me a whole caliper. O'reilly has got two bolts coming my way at 11am. Bizinga.

No doubt. It was a good time for sure. Rock out Senior TJ. We'll see you in June. lol

#1,971 ·
Poly Performance Inc.- ARB Air Locker: Chrysler/Jeep

ARB-RD157

It's about time!

Edit: From ARBs Facebook page
Oct 3-
The long awaited RD157 to replace the significantly fragile locking diffs in Jeep's JK Rubicon models is in production! The 2 hardcore stockists who made this happen are packaging them with 35 spline shaft upgrades too, so Rubicons can finally be 'cool'.
And 40 spline Dana 60 variants are just around the corner. 'RD' numbers coming for them soon.

#1,972 ·
I still have to break these. lol

#1,973 ·
I was wondering why Rod posted that. I didn't see the edit though. Are they really that notorious for breaking though? I know the TJ Rubi lockers are supposed to hold up well, except for the trashlock LSD. I thought the JK ones were supposed to be just as strong, or is this something that arises from people running 40"s on JK d44s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.