The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 03-04-2009, 03:06 PM   #61
nwiTJdave

i read the first two pages a while back now just clicked on page 4, are you back from the sandbox yet?

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #62
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
They sure do. Even if something is not on their site, if you call with a part number a lot of times they can get it. I'll have to check on all this stuff, but they probably can, I'm not worried. The only thing I couldn't find a lot cheaper was the actual control arms. They were pretty much 899 wherever I looked. If I can't get it from Brian, I'll call Jason.

So, up for purchase THIS check is the super 30 kit, and probably the Vancos. If I don't have enough for both I'll start getting more of the smaller stuff from the list going. Front diff cover, f+r gear sets, and I might call daveysjeeps and get the half doors I've been waiting on.
SO what did Brian say he could do?
CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #63
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
i read the first two pages a while back now just clicked on page 4, are you back from the sandbox yet?
No I'm not back yet. And I've still got a few more months at least (Barring any extensions.). I'm just trying to get everything around and ordered as much as I can each payday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
SO what did Brian say he could do?
I actually haven't called yet. International calls ain't cheap. And I hate conducting business over email. I haven't gotten a new phone card for my phone yet. I should have more minutes tonight. I have a list of things I need to price check between the two companies. I should have budgeted phone cards into my build. At 40 bucks a pop for 50ish minutes, I'm paying through the nose to call. I'll let you know what I get them for once I talk to them.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #64
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

F-in sweet. And come back safe. I need to see this bish after you install the lift and tires.
Unread 03-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #65
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Will do. And ME TOO.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 03-05-2009, 03:42 AM   #66
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just found an amazing online jeep store as far as prices go. AND they are a vendor on JF.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com

At the very least, I'll be using their prices for price-matching, it really depends on who gets me a better deal between them, Brian or Jason. To give you an idea, their OBA set up I was looking at is 70ish bucks cheaper than 4wd, and close to the same from Q-tec. I'm going to have to re-price my build now to reflect their prices and see what's lowest. I feel like I should be on a reality show called "Bargain Hunter". I'll post an updated pricing here in a bit. I have to go buy a phone card when the phone shop opens up.

Unread 03-05-2009, 06:28 AM   #67
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Soooooo, it looks like I saved about 700 bucks just by price matching alone against Morris 4x4 (The link in the last post). Right now they have Warn M8000 winches for 699 btw... Now I have to wait a few hours for everyone to open up and get on the horn and see what's what. Mmmm Jeep stuff.

I wish Morris 4x4 carried more product now.

Unread 03-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #68
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well ****. The cell network is being really patchy today. I'm not going to waste minutes to only get half of a conversation. I'll have to call tomorrow.

Unread 03-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #69
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nicely done so far Jimmy James. I just started painting the Rokmen belly skid....mmmm. BTW, I picked up my dad's truck so the jeep is officially parked for building.

See you soon.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #70
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Damn, captail deal shopper. You sir are inspiration. Thanks for the heads up on these deals.
Unread 03-06-2009, 09:52 PM   #71
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
Damn, captail deal shopper. You sir are inspiration. Thanks for the heads up on these deals.
Thanks. I'm in sales. The trick is all in your preparation. I've shaved about 3 grand off of my original build cost so far. Of course, I'm just turning around and buying more **** with the money I'm saving, so it's not really saving anything

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:14 PM   #72
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ha, yea... I feel ya.
Unread 03-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #73
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Paid for my Shocker S4 train horns today They ship monday. I got a good deal off of a guy on www.Trainhornforums.com. They are normally 275 pre shipping. I got them for 210 shipped. I've seen videos with these things and they are unreal. I can't imagine them in person. And you can bet your *** I'm going to have a trucker pull chain to let them loose. Childish? Sure. Fun? You are damned right.

I still need to get in touch with Brian to see about pricing on the new lift route. I tried to call yesterday but he was out. And they were closed today. So, I'll try tomorrow again and see if I can find anything out.

Unread 03-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #74
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'd love me some train horns and a PA system for when we all go trail ridin. 1 blast says "I'm up and over next guy can come"
2 Blasts mean "Man down. If you have a winch head over"
ECT.... lol
Unread 03-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #75
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

The guy I bought them from has another set still, 210 shipped. You just need a compressor/tank. If you've got OBA, or plan to have it in the future, its a hell of a deal.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.