The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 339 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 03-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #5071
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

OK everyone, here's an update.

In typical awesome fashion, my luck has struck again. I was cancelled off of my Mob because "My migraine medication is not condusive to the area I would be operating in." So... after planning my life around this and prepping for this for a year, I found out 5 days before I was supposed to fly... Awesome.

I had taken a semester off of school before I left to spend more time with the wife and to try to get the Jeep done. In doing so, I had to forfeit the money that I would get from my GI bill, so I took out a loan to cover that money. Now that I'm not going, not only am I out that money, but I have to pay that loan back, and I can't get back into classes until summer semester. I'm back for the foreseeable future, though the Navy is trying to see if there's something stateside that they can find for me.

So... Where are we? Well, regretfully, I'm selling parts off the Jeep. I still have no daily driver, and there are many more bills to pay than there are $ coming in right now. Considering I should be making over twice what I normally do right now. I promised the wife I wouldn't sell the Jeep outright, but I made no claims about parts.

What am I selling? The axles, 5 tires, 4 wheels, control arms, and all the spare parts included with those. Two people have spoken for most of it already, but if they back out, I'll be posting up a more complete listing with prices.

I'm basically putting the Jeep on jackstands indefinitely, as I'm essentially taking a withdrawal directly from the Jeep instead of using the sales to fund a rebuild as I have been. When it gets rebuilt, I'll be stepping it up a notch. I've been eyeballing the Sixty9/Seventy9 axles since 2010. They are finally available, and they are proven. The timing just makes sense. It will be a while still, but I can buy parts piecemeal and build them when I'm ready. So... yup.

Statistically speaking I have to have better luck soon. I mean, **** can't keep sucking forever.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #5072
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
OK everyone, here's an update.

In typical awesome fashion, my luck has struck again. I was cancelled off of my Mob because "My migraine medication is not condusive to the area I would be operating in." So... after planning my life around this and prepping for this for a year, I found out 5 days before I was supposed to fly... Awesome.

I had taken a semester off of school before I left to spend more time with the wife and to try to get the Jeep done. In doing so, I had to forfeit the money that I would get from my GI bill, so I took out a loan to cover that money. Now that I'm not going, not only am I out that money, but I have to pay that loan back, and I can't get back into classes until summer semester. I'm back for the foreseeable future, though the Navy is trying to see if there's something stateside that they can find for me.

So... Where are we? Well, regretfully, I'm selling parts off the Jeep. I still have no daily driver, and there are many more bills to pay than there are $ coming in right now. Considering I should be making over twice what I normally do right now. I promised the wife I wouldn't sell the Jeep outright, but I made no claims about parts.

What am I selling? The axles, 5 tires, 4 wheels, control arms, and all the spare parts included with those. Two people have spoken for most of it already, but if they back out, I'll be posting up a more complete listing with prices.

I'm basically putting the Jeep on jackstands indefinitely, as I'm essentially taking a withdrawal directly from the Jeep instead of using the sales to fund a rebuild as I have been. When it gets rebuilt, I'll be stepping it up a notch. I've been eyeballing the Sixty9/Seventy9 axles since 2010. They are finally available, and they are proven. The timing just makes sense. It will be a while still, but I can buy parts piecemeal and build them when I'm ready. So... yup.

Statistically speaking I have to have better luck soon. I mean, **** can't keep sucking forever.
That really sucks man. I hope your luck turns around.
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #5073
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dude you are so class to having it finished, just dd the jeep!! Haha

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #5074
ActionJackson
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Damn James, sorry to hear that. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out.

If my truck was in better running order I would drive down and let you use that or the jeep.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #519
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #5075
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
Dude you are so class to having it finished, just dd the jeep!! Haha
It's not close enough. I don't have the money to finish it with everything else going on.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 03-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #5076
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Damn James, sorry to hear that. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out.

If my truck was in better running order I would drive down and let you use that or the jeep.
I appreciate it bro. I'm borrowing a truck for right now, but it's probably worse on gas than my Jeep would be believe it or not. lol I just don't know how much longer I can keep borrowing,

Unread 03-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #5077
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just curious, would it be worth while to throw a D30/35 and some 33"s or bald 35"s under it for the short term (12 to 24 months). Then at least you could be driving around that show room painted heep.

I see D35's go for $50 and D30's go for a couple hundred. Tab them up and pick up a set of used tires for $150 and be driveable. Just a thought- you could always re-sell the banaide crap for what you bought it for.

I'll let you know if and when we have any rides coming up if you are ever bored and want to hang out. You know there will be lots of .
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #5078
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
Just curious, would it be worth while to throw a D30/35 and some 33"s or bald 35"s under it for the short term (12 to 24 months). Then at least you could be driving around that show room painted heep.

I see D35's go for $50 and D30's go for a couple hundred. Tab them up and pick up a set of used tires for $150 and be driveable. Just a thought- you could always re-sell the banaide crap for what you bought it for.

I'll let you know if and when we have any rides coming up if you are ever bored and want to hang out. You know there will be lots of .
I'd rather not drive it at all, than drive it incomplete, or not to it's potential.

Unread 04-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #5079
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

That really sucks. Hopefully things will turn around for you soon so you can get back in the Jeeping game.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #5080
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks bud.

Unread 04-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #5081
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, you know you've got some stuff to build for me as soon as I can afford it, no matter what else comes about. That's not much, but it's something. I'm saving pennies as fast as I can.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #5082
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks bud.
I've been there man, divorce, lost a job, couldn't get unemployment, on the brink of bankruptcy, all before 30 years old, didn't think things would ever turn around, but they did, so hang in there!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #5083
WeldedUp

Wow. What a curve ball.
WeldedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #5084
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Man I know all of us really hate to hear that happening to you. Just tell the wife to get a second job and youll take care of the kids. lol j/k. Youll get it done eventually. Buy a 93 civic hatchback and be like a boss.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #5085
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

For sale:

**Late model UA for 03+ w/ Auto.- $1095 New. I'll let it go for $800
This has been installed, but never driven/wheeled. The steel parts have been painted black, the AL parts are still bare. You will need a 1.25" BL and the Savvy MML.

**Front JK Rubi D44 with tons of extras- $2500
This axle was a crate axle, and was brand new. It is outfitted with the factory E-Locker and shafts. The truss started as a TNT truss, but was then lowered for better separation and fitted for a 3 link. The passenger side knuckle has been reamed out for a GM 1 ton TRE, to be mounted from above. It has Motive 5.13 gears in it (professionally installed by Collings Differential in Columbus IN), and has only ever had Royal Purple synthetic ran through the diff. It will come with a Tom Woods flange and a driveshaft flange adapter. It also comes with a custom GM 1 ton draglink, a brand new Poly Performance rebuildable balljoints (not installed), brand new precision (O'reilly house brand) wheel bearings, brand new Barnett diff cover, a Poly Performance 1 ton Chromo JK tie rod with about 3000 road miles on it. It also comes with half life (or better, it's not like I ever measured) Centric premium rotors. You will need new pads. Mine have been ruined/lost during this rebuild. All you have to do is put a trackbar mount on this axle, coil pads/shock brackets or CO brackets if you so choose, and some brake pads you are ready to go. All brackets fit Currie 2.5" JJ's.

**Rear JK Rubi D44 with some extras- $2000
This axle was a crate axle, and was brand new. It is outfitted with the factory E-Locker and shafts. The truss started as a TNT truss, but was then lowered for better separation and fitted for a triangulated 4 link. It has Motive 5.13 gears in it (professionally installed by Collings Differential in Columbus IN), and has only ever had Royal Purple synthetic ran through the diff. It will come with a Tom Woods flange and a driveshaft flange adapter. The rear brake rotors are stock, and are probably half life or so. You will need new pads. Mine have been ruined/lost during this rebuild. This will also come with a SPARE set of stock rear shafts. It is currently set up for a stretch with coils. The lower brackets are set up for 2.5" Currie JJ's, the uppers are set up for rod ends for clearance to be able to tuck the axle higher.

**37 x 12.50 R17 Pitbull Rocker Radials- $2,249.90 for 5 New, I'll take $1750.
4 have 3200 street miles on them. They aren't even broken in yet. The 5th is brand new, never been mounted on a wheel. Tires are mounted with Dynabeads in them right now.

**17 x 8.5w Trailready HD Series Beadlocks- $1900 New, I'll do $1500 for all 4.
3.5" BS, 5 on 5, 3200 street miles, HD series (it's billet AL, and is the strongest beadlock made), Powdercoated satin black from TR, Polished AL ring, Polished TR center caps, custom made ring spacers (by TR) for large lipped tires (like Pitbulls). I had the lifetime warranty on them, but I don't believe it's transferable. Each wheel is stamped with a serial just in case. You are not paying for the warranty either way.

I'd rather not ship, and will not unless you are paying all of it, and I'd rather not break the tires and wheels up. So there it is. Scavenge away.

Tags
76% lcog , custom , custom suspension , indyorv , jeep on jackstands , jk , lots o' spares , orange , overcompensating , pitbull , pumpkin , rockers , rubi axles , skinny pedal , slowest build in history , tjk , tnt , triangulated , truss , tube fenders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.