The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 337 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #5041
joshr1987

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Fuzz View Post
What is with all you people who just let your rig sit on jackstands for months on end? I don't get it.
Yeah wtf

Unread 03-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #5042
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Jimmy look....

Attachment 576338

Trimmed the bracket to fit snug around the fuel pump adapter.
The more I think about it, the more I don't know where I'm going to run that damned cell. My cage makes filling it a real pain in the *** if I put it where I had planned to.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #5043
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13

The more I think about it, the more I don't know where I'm going to run that damned cell. My cage makes filling it a real pain in the *** if I put it where I had planned to.
I was thinking you should sink it in the floor at the tailgate like Blaine does. Nice Aluminium skid and cover over the top.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #5044
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was thinking you should sink it in the floor at the tailgate like Blaine does.
That is so much more work...

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 03-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #5045
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'd have to build a box to cover the top of it that flipped open to protect the pump assembly. And I'm sure I'd never get the damned thing sealed well enough. Plus skid plate the bottom. I don't know. We'll see. I may let you talk me into it.

Unread 03-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #5046
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

As hard as it is, you have to look at the jeep one project at a time and just tackle it when time allows. When you look at it as one big project with tons of things still to be done it can be pretty overwhelming which I'm sure you're feeling. I've gotten pretty stressed out in the past thinking about how much needs to be done and the fact is, if you just tackle it one little thing at a time, a lot gets accomplished and you don't stress about it as much. Make it fun by working on things you want to work on, when you have time to work on them. It will all come together in the end

I've been spending a couple hours here and there working on a couple of brackets or cutting out parts and I try my best to not focus on how little is getting done each time I work. I just know that doing a little bit each day will eventually get the big project done and it becomes fun to see all your hard work come together.
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #5047
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13
I'd have to build a box to cover the top of it that flipped open to protect the pump assembly. And I'm sure I'd never get the damned thing sealed well enough. Plus skid plate the bottom. I don't know. We'll see. I may let you talk me into it.
I will take some measurements off my Jeep.
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #5048
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Would something like this not work for you? It all but silences the pump noise, passes Ultra4 tech rules for a firewall, and is some serious blinging aluminum .

It's just sitting in my garage right now. PM me if you thought in any way it would work.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #5049
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I had originally intended to run my cell at the front of the cargo area, with the filler right behind the drivers seat, up against my cage so i could still fit a cargo box in the back and a spare when I want to. My problem with mounting position isn't SO much about noise as it is filling position vs storage. I really don't want to have to unzip a window completely just to fill up, and because I wanted my seats/cage designed more for safety instead of aesthetics, they just don't leave much room for a fill up, even if I slide the seat all the way up.

If I move the cell to the back like yours, I essentially waste all of the space in front because of the shape of my cage, and if my top is on, I definately won't be able to reach anything.

Unread 03-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #5050
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
I had originally intended to run my cell at the front of the cargo area, with the filler right behind the drivers seat, up against my cage so i could still fit a cargo box in the back and a spare when I want to. My problem with mounting position isn't SO much about noise as it is filling position vs storage. I really don't want to have to unzip a window completely just to fill up, and because I wanted my seats/cage designed more for safety instead of aesthetics, they just don't leave much room for a fill up, even if I slide the seat all the way up.

If I move the cell to the back like yours, I essentially waste all of the space in front because of the shape of my cage, and if my top is on, I definately won't be able to reach anything.
Blaine and I had an interesting conversation about using the rear footwells as a potential site for tanks (plural). That could be an option for you, perhaps, and could also allow exterior access if you get creative. Aside from that thought, the next-easiest option would be a high-clearance tank in the normal location; that could be especially simple if you aren't as concerned about capacity as I am. Either way you go, filling from the outside is the way to go if at all possible, methinks.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #5051
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Blaine and I had an interesting conversation about using the rear footwells as a potential site for tanks (plural). That could be an option for you, perhaps, and could also allow exterior access if you get creative. Aside from that thought, the next-easiest option would be a high-clearance tank in the normal location; that could be especially simple if you aren't as concerned about capacity as I am. Either way you go, filling from the outside is the way to go if at all possible, methinks.
That would be good except the filler on the side and low would be really susceptible to damage and really hard to go thru just behind the seat.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #5052
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
That would be good except the filler on the side and low would be really susceptible to damage and really hard to go thru just behind the seat.
I'd select a recessed fill if at all possible, similar to the stock setup. It might be a tight fit or require some non-linear thinking, but I think the extra thought and fab work would pay off with a cleaner and more user-friendly install.

Unread 03-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #5053
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Put some shine on the Pumkinators doors last night.

forumrunner_20130307_150752.jpg

forumrunner_20130307_150827.jpg

Got the fuel cell ,tub sliders and fuel cell mount in the spray booth right now. Pictures to follow.
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #5054
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Put some shine on the Pumkinators doors last night.

Got the fuel cell ,tub sliders and fuel cell mount in the spray booth right now. Pictures to follow.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #5055
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

My doors and tailgate will NOT look that good when I paint them, no matter how hard I try. Very nice work, there.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.