The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 330 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #4936
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Smoke View Post
Except it's cheaper and I didn't have to deal with Genright. lol

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #4937
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Did you bend the hoops and stringer or did you order them.

Dave's looks like it's got some nice products
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #4938
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I do not have a bender, and its not worth it to get help from someone around here that does. The hoop is from jeeptubes and the winch guard is from AtoZ fab.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #4939
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am getting close to being able to come visit soon if the invitation is still open.
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #4940
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Rolling some tube... This wasn't SO bad. Definitely not as bad as everyone on pirate cries about. You get the hang of it rather quickly. John and I had a blast. Though you'll be Popeye if you are doing some crazy ****. All we did was 1.5" .120 wall.

And the product of that tube roller...

Cutting the hood...

Hood is cut, but needs finished out and trimmed up.

From the back...

From the front...

I'm waiting on the bumper to be able to finish up the front fenders. Then I can really get things mounted properly. The game plan is to use the cut outs from the corners to make the side panels. I'll mount them with nutserts and tabs. I also need to cut the rolled pieces back some so I can put the tube connectors in to make things removable. I'm going to tie the winch guard into the grille hoop as well.

Despite setbacks, It was a good time hanging out with one of my favorite people. And definitely the best hillbilly I know.
Those doors look familiar, and the front frame work looks good.
Unread 01-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #4941
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Once you got the springs worked out coilovers are the bomb.
They just flex so well, that and it makes plowing over speedbumps at the mall a whole lot of fun
What spring rates did you end up with Art? I have 150 over 250 in the rear, and 200 over 250 in the front. I am thinking 150/200 for rear, and 150/250 for front.
Unread 01-13-2013, 12:37 AM   #4942
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarcher89 View Post
What spring rates did you end up with Art? I have 150 over 250 in the rear, and 200 over 250 in the front. I am thinking 150/200 for rear, and 150/250 for front.
I would have to look for the front, rear is 150 over 150. Started 150 and 100 and that was not enough for the height I wanted. Not 100% sure but I think the front 200 over 250. How's your project coming along?
Sorry for the thread hijack

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 12:49 AM   #4943
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was also contemplating 150/150 for the rear. On the front I have 8"s up and 6" down travel, so I was leaning toward lighter springs up front too. This is good info for James too since he is going CO too.
Unread 01-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #4944
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was also contemplating 150/150 for the rear. On the front I have 8"s up and 6" down travel, so I was leaning toward lighter springs up front too. This is good info for James too since he is going CO too.
I'm running 150/150 in the rear as well. 200/300 up front, but in theory I should be much lighter up front. The pro tuners will tell you the shock needs to be doing the work, not the springs, but I don't know much about the science besides what I've been told. I've had my coilovers with a pro tuner and intend on getting some desert time with King Suspension in about 3 weeks, I'll be sure to post up what changes we do. If I had to guess, I bet I end up with 100/150 rear, 150/200 front.

Hopefully some of this info will be relevent for you James and not just clogging up your thread.

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #4945
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
I'm running 150/150 in the rear as well. 200/300 up front, but in theory I should be much lighter up front. The pro tuners will tell you the shock needs to be doing the work, not the springs, but I don't know much about the science besides what I've been told. I've had my coilovers with a pro tuner and intend on getting some desert time with King Suspension in about 3 weeks, I'll be sure to post up what changes we do. If I had to guess, I bet I end up with 100/150 rear, 150/200 front.

Hopefully some of this info will be relevent for you James and not just clogging up your thread.

Seems to one of the mistakes people make is to set up and down travel with the springs. You set the installed height at ride height without springs
So that you have the droop and uptravel as well as all the needed clearance before you ever set it on it's springs. Then it's a matter of spring choice to get the desired ride height with correct spring preload.
That's the coolest thing about King they will swap springs several times without charging for the springs. Unless you have wheeling buds that have a collection of springs, that endeavor can get a bit costly.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #4946
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am getting close to being able to come visit soon if the invitation is still open.
Abso****inglutely!

And no worries about the hijack. It's all on topic.

CO's are here tomorrow, the hoops and bumper are here. I really just need the rockers back to do a full mock up of the fenders. I have all the pieces. I'm ready to get this front end together.

And for the record, Thean from Poly told me flat out that he'd swap springs out for me as many times as it took for me to get it right. All I have to do is ship them back. That part sucks, but they won't be THAT bad.

Unread 01-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #4947
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That's awesome service, glad you have a solution planned for the front suspension.

When you get those corners and sliders back they should look bad add and really set your rig apart from the rest with the body match.

I am looking into the bumper you get as well so let me know how the quality is.

So close to being done man I CAN'T wait either
Unread 01-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #4948
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
And for the record, Thean from Poly told me flat out that he'd swap springs out for me as many times as it took for me to get it right. All I have to do is ship them back. That part sucks, but they won't be THAT bad.
That's one thing I love about working where I do, I can have parts shipped to me and ship from work all day long and nobody raises an eyebrow, and I get cheaper shipping since it's a business. Miss the old store because it was right next door to a UPS, that was really convenient!

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #4949
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
That's awesome service, glad you have a solution planned for the front suspension.

When you get those corners and sliders back they should look bad add and really set your rig apart from the rest with the body match.

I am looking into the bumper you get as well so let me know how the quality is.

So close to being done man I CAN'T wait either
The bumper is legit. I don't know how I feel about the d rings. I may cut mine off and flap them smooth and just use my tow hooks. It's all I've ever used before and I've been just fine. I need to do a few modifications to it, but I think it will work just fine.

Unread 01-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #4950
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am thinking you will have to trim the drivers side of the winch plate. Do you think cutting out part of the rear bend will weaken the plate?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.