The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 02-23-2009, 12:10 PM   #31
jackbauersmom
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
thats because I added it later, a 13.50 would be much better, Redsmoke (jeremy) has 35" bfg krawlers and those things are 13.50s and they are MONSTERS
i think they were labeled as 13.5 but measured closer to 14.5 iirc, and they are beastly. if you hang out with mike, connor, and rod i feel sorry for you . heard a lot about you from them and your wife. can't wait to wheel with the legend of kuwait james some day .

edit: btw, the build looks great, will follow the progress.

indyORV
treadlightly
jackbauersmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #32
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

As for my tires. I won't know what they are measuring until I talk to my hookup at PitBull again. Their Bias tires are crazy wide. I'm looking at a 17x9 wheel right now that I like. I'm hoping that he listened to me when I told him he'd hit a much larger market with a little narrower tires. I'm thinking of running 35x13.50 R17's Radial Rockers. With the long life and surprising road manners of their bias tires, I can't wait to see how the radials do. I'm CRAZY excited to get home and build this damned thing. I'm ready for my baby to be all growed up.

Don't feel sorry for me. I'm the one that keeps all them monkeys in line. I can only imagine what the boys and my wife have told you. Yes, I went to a toga party with a 4 foot appendage under my toga. Yes I wrestled a bear for Meghan's wedding ring. And they based Master Chief in Halo after me. But enough of that lol. I've heard about you too... Nemesis. With your Impact Orange LJ Rubi... I was a bit miffed at first. I love the color, and people just don't understand. But I'm ok now. Now that I'm building my own, I'm not jealous anymore. Thanks for the compliments. I've never been a legend before. Well, aside from Halo, where I routinely destroy Mike, Jerry, and Rod (by all means, rub that in when you see them next, I'm giving them a 10 month lead to practice up).

Legend of Kuwait... Well, I was going to put Pumpkinator on my hood like the Rubicons have, but I think Legend of Kuwait will suffice. Thanks again for the compliments man. I can't wait to be home and meet you new Indy guys. I tried like hell up until I started getting ready to mob to get more Indy people involved. We had a little influx, then Gribbles really started pushing the club. I'm glad he got so many more people involved. It sounds like you guys are all becoming good friends.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2009, 01:27 AM   #33
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Alright... well, just when you think you've got it all figured out. Jerry shot me a link last night. Found a guy local selling a set of TJ Rubi axles for 3 grand. Complete with ARB pump, and driveshafts. So, I sent the guy an email for more info, and am awaiting a response. I've got a Super 30 kit with my name on it if I want it, I just have to pay on the 1st. So, depending... I might end up doing the Rubi axles, swapping them BOTH under my jeep, and selling the axles under the Jeep now. Someone will want a D44 rear that's not out of a junkyard I'm sure. By doing the swap I'll gain discs in the rear, and while the Jeep is in pieces I can cram alloy shafts and 5.13's into the Rubi axles. The front axle would be LP, which I'm not a huge fan of losing to my previous build plan. But another thought is seeing about just picking up the rubi rear, and still doing the hpd30 up front. I'd have to drop to 4.88's but whatever. That's a long shot though due to immediate funds. So, I don't know.

Also up on the chopping block is the lift. I don't doubt that I'll get the TNT kit eventually, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't just get a cheaper SA lift for now, use the money I'd save on the TNT lift for some other stuff. I can always save for the TNT lift later. I just don't know. I'm thinking about the 4" Currie SA lift. I still have a lot of other crap to get for the Jeep and the money that would be going towards that lift sure would go a long way towards helping out. So here's hoping that I get some emails back my way by the end of the night.

Stupid being indecisive...

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 02-27-2009, 06:22 AM   #34
critterjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man it's good to hear from you. I've been away from the forums for a while (hibernating for the winter i guess). you're gonna build one hell of a jeep there. be safe!
2003 Rubicon (shale green/khaki), 33x12.5x15 BFG Mud KM2s on Pro Comp 8179s (Firestone Winterforce on stock Moabs for winter), Bilstein 5100s, 3" AEV (nth) Progessive coils, OME steering stabilizer, 1" M.O.R.E. body lift, JKS adj. track bar in the front, 1" JKS budget motor mount lift, RC quick discos, OR-Fab rear rock crawler bumper with 2" receiver, Rokmen 3/16" steering box skid plate, Rokmen rear frame tie-ins, Teraflex 3/16" heavy-duty oil pan skid plate, Alpine CDE-124SXM CD/sat radio MP3 player, Bestop sliding windows, Bestop Safari Bikini top (green military camo), Mopar "windjammer" rear window, Mopar "duster" tonneau cover with tailgate bar, Rockhard Full roll cage with full padding, KC slimlites long range/off road lights on KC windshield mounts, Tuffy security glove box, Pilot LED tail lights.
critterjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2009, 06:38 AM   #35
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks man. I'm going to try. We'll see how it ends up.

Unread 02-27-2009, 08:08 AM   #36
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

as far as doing a smaller lift right now, I think its a great idea, but I do not think you will be happy with the 4" SA, not as a dd, it is going to be a rough ride. I would still do the currie control arms, but think about doing the OME again, with those TNT tubes, you sure as **** dont need 4" SL plus a 1" BL.

There I got it out, you knew it was coming, just my

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #37
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
as far as doing a smaller lift right now, I think its a great idea, but I do not think you will be happy with the 4" SA, not as a dd, it is going to be a rough ride. I would still do the currie control arms, but think about doing the OME again, with those TNT tubes, you sure as **** dont need 4" SL plus a 1" BL.

AGREED. But I'm liking the axle idea.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #38
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I am not liking the axle idea, it would be completely worthless to spend that money on those axles, especially the rear axle, no benefit there, at all. As far as the front axle goes, the ONLY benefit you would have is to be able to run 5.13s, and maybe a 10% stronger ring gear, but THATS IT. Here is how you make your decision: do you want to spend $1500 on an axle that is locked (but not geared) that is low pinion, and you still need to spend $500 on to regear. sounds like a huge waste of money to me.

heres the price break down

JY hp D30 - $105
super 30 kit you have a line on - $1200
gears - $250
install - $250
with this you will also have chromolly inners and outers, you will obviously need to change the bearings and ball joints, but you'll be doing that with either axle...more to come soon

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 02-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #39
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I was mainly thinking of buying the currie kit and selling the springs and buying OME springs. That way I'd have everything I needed for a complete lift, adjustable trackbar and all that. I don't really want a SA lift at all, but it will work in the meantime. Plus, It would be a lot easier to sell a full kit than part it out. That was my line of thinking anyways.

Unread 02-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #40
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am not liking the axle idea, it would be completely worthless to spend that money on those axles, especially the rear axle, no benefit there, at all. As far as the front axle goes, the ONLY benefit you would have is to be able to run 5.13s, and maybe a 10% stronger ring gear, but THATS IT. Here is how you make your decision: do you want to spend $1500 on an axle that is locked (but not geared) that is low pinion, and you still need to spend $500 on to regear. sounds like a huge waste of money to me.

heres the price break down

JY hp D30 - $105
super 30 kit you have a line on - $1200
gears - $250
install - $250
with this you will also have chromolly inners and outers, you will obviously need to change the bearings and ball joints, but you'll be doing that with either axle...more to come soon
Yeah, me and Rod were attempting to crunch numbers before I had to go to a meeting earlier. I think I might just do the Super 30. The more I think about it, the rubi axles would be a lot of work. Even though I could sell the rear. I don't care if I have disc brakes in the rear anyways, there isn't any real benefit to them other than being more familiar to me mechanically.

Unread 02-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #41
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

dude, disc brakes are a simple simple swap, Rods done it and I'm doing it to my 44 now, i think it would be worth it for you, but not a neccessity

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 02-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #42
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
dude, disc brakes are a simple simple swap, Rods done it and I'm doing it to my 44 now, i think it would be worth it for you, but not a neccessity
I know it's simple. I just don't care about them. The drums aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

Unread 02-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #43
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah, I forgot you already have a D44....in that case, I'm not diggin the axle idea either. And yeah, drums suck man.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2009, 09:33 PM   #44
jackbauersmom
2006 LJ Wrangler 

so what's the verdict pumpkin man? have you heard back from the guy? i have 5.13 gears and it is awesome to be able to start off in 4th gear on the street with 35s . actually, it just gives me more reason to want to put 37s on there.

indyORV
treadlightly
jackbauersmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2009, 04:34 AM   #45
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am all but giving up on the JK axle. It's alright. It's something to think about for down the road. I'm just going to do the Super 30 kit/HPD30. I'm not going to bother with the Rubicon axles I don't think. Too much would be required of me and my time to make this deal work JUST right. And I can't guarantee that I'll have that time available being over here and all. So, back to the original axle plan. I just need to nail down the lift for the billionth time and I'll call it a day.

Tags
76% lcog , custom , custom suspension , indyorv , jeep on jackstands , jk , lots o' spares , orange , overcompensating , pitbull , pumpkin , rockers , rubi axles , skinny pedal , slowest build in history , tjk , tnt , triangulated , truss , tube fenders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.