The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 290 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #4336
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
I use Sait .045's. If there's anything better, I have yet to find it. Dewalt is crap in comparison. It doesn't help that Robert welded the piss out of that mount. Thats what made it so bad. Try those sait's. They'll rock your world.
On my behalf you said permanent fixture. You could always invest in a cheap set of torches. If you add up all the money you have and will spend on those wheels you would have already paid for some off Craig's list.

black xj

IndyORV™
http://www.indyorv.com
rkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #4337
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Where are those saits at? O oops my bud just bought a plasma.... I will stick to grinders...
Unread 01-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #4338
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
I use Sait .045's. If there's anything better, I have yet to find it. Dewalt is crap in comparison. It doesn't help that Robert welded the piss out of that mount. Thats what made it so bad. Try those sait's. They'll rock your world.
Frodo, you know I'm a fan of Sait, but here lately I've been using some Pearl Abrasives stuff and it's top of the line so far.

Get your hands on some of their 6" Redline Thin Cut 045's with the drop center and learn how to use them. The Sait stuff is awesome, but if you try to over cut with them, all you do is destroy the disc and shred it. The Pearl stuff take a bit more pressure to cut with, so they stand up to over cutting a bit better and cut just as fast when you lean on them.

When I say learn, I mean that if you use the same force and pressure that you do with the Sait discs, they will not cut as fast and you will wonder why you have them. You will have to learn how hard you can push them to make them cut faster.

I've also been using their Greenback flap discs. They kick butt so far.

The Greenback has the flaps laid in tight to each other so it cuts flat like a grinding wheel and they don't blend very well. Their Fat Max flap discs have a thicker layer of flaps, but there are spaces between each layer so the cutting face is very flexible which makes it very nice for blending corners.

Don't try to grind a weld flat with one if it matters or you'll toss the grinder across the room when it undercuts on both sides of the weld and the weld still isn't flat.

To whoever mentioned Dewalt in the same thread talking about quality abrasives.
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #4339
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkates View Post
On my behalf you said permanent fixture. You could always invest in a cheap set of torches. If you add up all the money you have and will spend on those wheels you would have already paid for some off Craig's list.
I wasn't complaining. Lol you dun did it good

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #4340
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
I could only imagine being there
I felt like I got punched in the forehead, it was enough to make me wobble.

I'll check out the pearls Blaine, where can they be had? Are they comparable in price to the saits?

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 01-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #4341
LilSteve97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Did you buy the whole kit from TNT or just the parts for new crossmember and rotate box?
LilSteve97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #4342
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I bought the whole thing. I just haven't done the steering shaft portion yet, and won't, until I get my new steering box. I want to make sure I get the length right.

Unread 02-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #4343
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

After consulting with Johnboy again, and further review of my rear frame situation, it's going away. Parts are on order. I'm ready to wrap this ***** up, and honestly, it's just easier to replace it than work around the previous outboard. Progress next week.

Unread 02-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #4344
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

And I've got another d44 riddler for sale. 75 bucks shipped with hardware.

Unread 02-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #4345
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

So in thinking about the new backhalf, I may be able to just run the extra set of stock coil buckets I have instead of fabbing new ones. I'll have to figure out shock mounting still, but I still have that set of ford towers too. While I'm not thinking about a traditional outboard, I'll be able to come off the top of the new frame. But honestly I have no idea how it will play out just yet. I'll be buying steel for the rest of the backhalf next week. Still need to source that. I'll try that on Monday.

In other news, they got rid of all of the old Norton cut off wheels and **** at work and brought in a whole new line from Avanti/Diablo. I plan to give them a good test next week. The price is right. And if they work as well as they did in the product demo videos, I think I'll be surprised by them. I'd rather pay 2.97 vs. 5.00 for my Sait's any day of the week. They have a neat rounded flap disc too. Perfect for beveling welds in a t-joint configuration. Maybe not super useful, but a cool idea.

Unread 02-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #4346
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Talked to ATX today. Derek said that he got the design done and should be shipping my backhalf kit either tonight or tomorrow morning. Wahoo. Still need to get a hold of some 2x3 box tube. Once the stock frame is chopped, I'm going to see about saving the crossmember John and I made, and maybe even saving the TNT outboard. It will be much easier with the frame out. I'm excited.

Unread 02-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #4347
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Someone slipped with a power tool today. Can't wait to see the backhalf and the cut of choice on the blanks
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #4348
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Oops. Ready for the backhalf!

Unread 02-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #4349
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

You did not.......

Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #4350
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Imped is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.