The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 02-17-2009, 02:13 AM   #16
mattilacken
2007 WK 

Damn thats a dirty ***** in the 4 pic Looking good!

mattilacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 07:04 AM   #17
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Good job on the 30's.

I'll see your addiction and raise you some land terrains.

and to think... it all started because of some stainless steel door sill guards.

As for my beautiful face... Who couldn't love a face like this!?!?
Damn those door sill guards! Now it's turned into Rubi 44s and 35s!!
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 08:53 AM   #18
RockRodHooligan
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Well bro, had I known that you were involved in them I'd have said something directly to you. I had put them on for what protection they would offer at first, and planned to install my armor and what not over them and use them as gaskets. But they just didn't last that long. As for prep... I cleaned the area with windex and then wiped the area down with acetone before installing them. I thought that would be enough. It's not the end of the world. I got them from Quadratec originally I think. That, or 4WDH. I can't remember. The rocker pieces came off this winter after being on there about 6 months. My wife told me the other day that they were peeling off. I told her to just pull them off if they were coming off so it wasn't all raggedy in the meantime. The windshield pieces started coming off after my road trip to Colorado. I am pretty sure it had something to do with all the wiper fluid I had to use to keep the windshield visible in mid summer combined with the constant 80-85 mph speed there and back. Once the lip of it started to go, bugs and **** got stuck under the lip, then the wiper fluid against the adhesive I'm sure didn't do any good. It was only a matter of time then. The lower, smaller pieces stayed on (as far as I remember, I only remember pulling the bigger part off). It was just the longer pieces that came off. The rear tailgate sill piece started to peel before I left. I don't know. I thought it was pretty clean under there when we put them on. If you think it would be worth putting them under my windshield guards and rockers then sure, I'll take another set. If not, then don't worry about it man. I appreciate the offer either way.
It's not the rocker ones that came off, it's the door ones.

Quote:
You would enjoy yourself here. Climbing around in tanks all day, poking around with buttons that you probably shouldn't be touching. As for the Jeep getting totalled... You shouldn't have been in that uninsured mescans way!

As for the other part. Yessir you'll get to help. But leverage? Guilt trip? Really? I'm twice a married man Rod. Leverage and Guilt stopped working on me a long time ago. But I'll help in return. How's that?
Correction: Unlicensed, and uninsured mescan.

Ah but James, you forget that me and Megan are best friends now, I'm teaching her about things like u-joints, and drive shafts, and leaf springs(and why lift blocks are bad), and Ford 9"s.....ok, it's a slow process, BUT I did convince her that if she bought you a 9", you'd probably let her name the kids.

Project: Silverback Ash to ash, dust to dust... Skin to bone, steel to rust... You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Cleanly done bob jobs are so cool.
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #19
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
It's not the rocker ones that came off, it's the door ones.

Correction: Unlicensed, and uninsured mescan.

Ah but James, you forget that me and Megan are best friends now, I'm teaching her about things like u-joints, and drive shafts, and leaf springs(and why lift blocks are bad), and Ford 9"s.....ok, it's a slow process, BUT I did convince her that if she bought you a 9", you'd probably let her name the kids.
Ah, well there you go Blaine. He's seen my Jeep more than I have in the last 5 months.

Rod, it's kinda creepy talking to her about Jeep stuff, and having her respond in kind.

I am going to call Redrock4x4 here in a few hours and order the Swayloc.

MMMmmm build parts.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #20
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

James, glad to see your making some progress. If there is anything you need us to scope out, or pick up, or anything like that, let me know bro. Can't wait til you get back, we'll be rollin in the JGW A-team like no ones binniss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
Watch yourself with that Rod, you wont see the effects, but James will. I thought by teaching Alisha about jeeps, and getting her involved would be awesome, well it is....to a point. She is getting to the point where she knows what I am talking about and knows when I am not being quite honest with the dollar amount I will be spending! Its backfired!! She has also learned what I need and what I don't need! They are smarter than you think, she is using it against me.

Oh and James, 5.13s bro, thats all I gotta say. DO IT

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #21
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

blah, 5:13s are deep, and if I remember right, TOO deep for a D30. I wouldn't be able to go 60 mph!

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 02-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #22
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

5.13s FOSHO! And boy do I feel lucky. Not married and my GF encourages me to do what I want with my rig.

EDIT: Oh yeah, too deep for D30. 4.88 then.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #23
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
blah, 5:13s are deep, and if I remember right, TOO deep for a D30. I wouldn't be able to go 60 mph!
I am talking about the JK 44 you have come across

With those heavy *** pitbull rockers you are getting, you'll need em man, I will be running 4.88s but turning a light 35 (61 lbs). your tire is 14.50 wide and weigh 73lbs, but those are the bias, obviously I don't know the weight of the radials, but radials are typically heavier because of the steel belt

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD

Last edited by gribbles; 02-17-2009 at 10:29 AM..
Unread 02-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #24
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

We'll see. I haven't even heard back from the guy. There was a local sale pending. But we'll see. If it works out, it would be cool, but I don't know.

Unread 02-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #25
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice looking start - will keep a close eye on this build. Looks similar to a list of parts I have seen before.
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #26
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
I am talking about the JK 44 you have come across

With those heavy *** pitbull rockers you are getting, you'll need em man, I will be running 4.88s but turning a light 35 (61 lbs). your tire is 14.50 wide and weigh 73lbs, but those are the bias, obviously I don't know the weight of the radials, but radials are typically heavier because of the steel belt
I spaced seeing what you wrote about the tires earlier, my tires PROBABLY won't be 14.5 wide. They are looking at making some narrower tires. I'd be content with a 13.5. But if I have to run a 14.5 it's not the end of the world. It will be interesting to see that 14.5 on a 9.5" wide wheel though.

Stay Tuned Idaho, I'll be bugging you later.

Unread 02-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #27
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

thats because I added it later, a 13.50 would be much better, Redsmoke (jeremy) has 35" bfg krawlers and those things are 13.50s and they are MONSTERS

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 02-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #28
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered my manual Swayloc from Redrock4x4, and the Dakota Digital box direct tonight. Next on the list is Vancos. But not till next paycheck.

Unread 02-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #29
jeep-newbie
2008 JK Wrangler 

I liked this one (not my work).
jeep-newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #30
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Wrong thread, but that's alright. For anyone wondering what place this has here, check out this thread. For the Hood Decal Contest I'm running...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/hood-decal-contest-artists-gather-round-678300/

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.