The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #241
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
It is indeed sexy. I'm going to get some of that seam sealant stuff for the tubes to finish them up all nice and pretty.
Seam sealant stuff? Like Bondo?

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #242
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
Seam sealant stuff? Like Bondo?
body filler, epoxy putty, epoxy repair putty, aluminum epoxy, high temperature epoxy

That's the stuff TNT recommended for a good clean look.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #243
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I started grinding on the axles today. The rear is almost done. I need to finish it up probably tomorrow and then I'll start on the front. That front axle is so much heavier it's ridiculous. The rear is much easier to work with. Most of the brackets are off of the rear, I just need to clean everything up. The front will require a lot more work. Almost all of the brackets are still on the front, plus the giant control arm mount on the housing. I haven't decided how I am going to do that yet. Anyways, when I make a bit more progress I'll post some pics up.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 08-26-2009, 11:34 PM   #244
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have to make a phone call in the morning when I get up... but I might have some amazing news. I don't want to get crazy and excited until I make the phone call. Stay tuned.

Good news or bad, I'm finishing up grinding on the rear axle tomorrow, and starting on the front. Knock on wood, say a prayer, wish me luck, rub a fat mans belly, or send some happy thoughts my way, I'm going to need it for that phone call.

Unread 08-27-2009, 07:36 AM   #245
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have to make a phone call in the morning when I get up... but I might have some amazing news. I don't want to get crazy and excited until I make the phone call. Stay tuned.
You won the lottery and are planning on sharing it? Thanks man!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #246
b_dolla44
1998 TJ Wrangler 

jeeps looking good man! if you need any help let me know, im always willing to lend a hand... i just did the rock krawler x factor steering a rk trackbar last night...
1997 Jeep wrangler 4cyl 5 speed....weekend wheeler
1995 Harley davidson sportster. low and slow
b_dolla44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #247
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well, first things first... The good news: I got one last check from active duty, so I should be good to go. I wanted to call and make sure it wasn't a mistake. The last thing I need is for the gov to decide they made a mistake, and take the money back. I know that's not earthshaking to all of you, but things were getting close. I should be just fine now. I ordered a Rokmen steering box skid today, and talked to a few vendors about my SYE and CV DS. I also talked to Rod at TNT and he said that my order should ship next week. So, there's good news.

Well, here's what I've been up to, here's the pile of brackets I cut off. The rear already had most of them cut off, and the front had a few cut off as well. So, this pile is mostly from the front, the rear just has a lot of grinding left to do, and the front's grinding is mainly untouched.

Here's a shot of what's left on the rear axle.

Here's another shot of the rear on the other side.

Here's a shot of the front.

Here's another shot of the front.

And here is the massive chunk of cast iron that I have to cut through and grind smooth. This will be the worst one.

Soo... That's that. Oh, I am looking to sell my TJ D44 rear. It's got factory limited slip and has 30k miles on it. Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm also going to be looking to sell my factory front fenders. I'll put ads up later, but if anyone knows anyone looking, send em my way.

Saturday is going to be a grindfest. Jerry is planning on coming over and we are talking about going to town on the axles, finishing them off, and doing any other little projects I've got around here. There's not a whole lot more I can do until I get the TNT order in. But once I do, it's on. Anyways, there's todays update. Enjoy.

Unread 08-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #248
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
jeeps looking good man! if you need any help let me know, im always willing to lend a hand... i just did the rock krawler x factor steering a rk trackbar last night...
I'm always down for a hand, I'll be looking for all the hands available once the TNT order comes in. By all means, I welcome the help lol.

Unread 08-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #249
b_dolla44
1998 TJ Wrangler 

price on rearend? matching 30?
1997 Jeep wrangler 4cyl 5 speed....weekend wheeler
1995 Harley davidson sportster. low and slow
b_dolla44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #250
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

PM sent. 10 char

Unread 08-27-2009, 09:01 PM   #251
99TJSahara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

How much for rear end if bdolla44 don't take it?
99 Wrangler Sahara-sold
99TJSahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2009, 09:06 PM   #252
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

bennett, once you get this done you should come down to Harlan with us! break those axles in on the rock gardens

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2009, 03:08 AM   #253
mrbates
RESIDENT METAL
2003 TJ Wrangler 

glad your home, subscribed to the build. perhaps we can wheel when i get home.

2003 X. 3" SA. Locked D44s F/R. 35" MTR-K's
mrbates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #254
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
body filler, epoxy putty, epoxy repair putty, aluminum epoxy, high temperature epoxy

That's the stuff TNT recommended for a good clean look.
Looks to be similar to Bondo.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #255
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TJSahara View Post
How much for rear end if bdolla44 don't take it?
PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
bennett, once you get this done you should come down to Harlan with us! break those axles in on the rock gardens
I'd like to. I don't think Harlan is on the schedule again until next season. We are making a Moab run in April of next year, so we are trying to keep things in one piece, or at least an easily repairable piece until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbates View Post
glad your home, subscribed to the build. perhaps we can wheel when i get home.
Sure bro, where do you live, and where are you now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
Looks to be similar to Bondo.
Well, whatever. But if it will clean them up, then that's what I'd rather do.

Probably not much going to get done today, maybe some more grinding. I've got to run some errands. Tomorrow should mark some good progress though.

Tags
76% lcog , custom , custom suspension , indyorv , jeep on jackstands , jk , lots o' spares , orange , overcompensating , pitbull , pumpkin , rockers , rubi axles , skinny pedal , slowest build in history , tjk , tnt , triangulated , truss , tube fenders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.