The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #226
RockRodHooligan
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
I've yet to install the body lift. If I get the Jeep back from the shop tomorrow, I'll probably do that then. When dealing with the MML, we loosened all the body mounts. They came out without a hitch. It WILL be an uneventful day.
You know it might go ok, now that I think about it things only go wrong when it's just me and you working on the Jeep. I know it's not my direct fault(ORO sent the wrong parts, the bolt broke off while you were wrenching), maybe it's the polar opposite of 3rd times a charm. Guess you'll find out tomorrow.

Project: Silverback Ash to ash, dust to dust... Skin to bone, steel to rust... You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Cleanly done bob jobs are so cool.
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #227
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well, the machine shop just called and said they are finally getting to the Jeep now. The guy said he'd start it tonight and probably finish it in the morning. So bleh. So much for the body lift today.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #228
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

The machine shop ran into problems, so I get to keep waiting. They didn't get to it like they thought they were going to. So, they are taking care of whatever, and they said I'll get it back tomorrow. I'm tired of waiting. Here's hoping.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 08-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #229
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

damn....well good luck bro! You place that order yet?

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #230
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
damn....well good luck bro! You place that order yet?
No TNT order yet... complications have come up. I'm working through them still. I think I should have it figured out here soon.

Unread 08-18-2009, 12:15 AM   #231
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

No Jeep today either. I called the shop twice, left two messages. Tomorrow I'm going to stop by. If they try to pull any ****, we are going to go around. I can feel it now. Just one more chunk out of my build money. With everything else going on, it's getting more and more aggravating. Grrr.

Unread 08-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #232
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I picked up the Jeep at 3. It's done. The guy did a great job. 180 bucks total. But the guy replaced all the bolts (even the ones we did). Basically I paid 180 bucks for a MML install that took almost a full week. Meh. Either way, I met the owner of the shop, who actually ended up doing the work, and is a cool *** dude. He wanted to know if I'd bring the Jeep by when it's done. On top of that, he wants to come wheeling with us sometime. Apparently he's got dirtbikes and quads, and his buddy has a an old cutlass on a blazer frame. I suppose it's one of those things that I'll have to see to appreciate. haha

On an unrelated note, the TNT order has officially been placed. Lots of goodies there...

Front Tube Fenders 4.5" Flare
Rear Tube Fenders 4.5" Flare W/ Extended Wheel Well Opening Corners Cut for Flush LED Lights
Rocker Guard W/ Step
JK to TJ Front Axle Truss
JK to TJ Rear Axle Truss
TNT LA Upgrade W/ High Clearance Bellypan
Extended Stainless Steel Brakelines
Outboard Rear Shock Kit
Y-Link Limit Strap Kit
Custom Draglink
Custom Front Trackbar

Bob and Rod at TNT are both awesome. I can't say enough about those guys.

I also updated the first post.

I'm probably putting the BL on tomorrow. There is about 1/4" between the fan and shroud now. And I'm thinking that I'm one good bump away from fan destruction. So, the BL is currently a priority.

Unread 08-19-2009, 08:28 AM   #233
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I
There is about 1/4" between the fan and shroud now. And I'm thinking that I'm one good bump away from fan destruction. So, the BL is currently a priority.

eh....you'd lose your shroud before the fan would go....mine used to rub like hell

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 08-19-2009, 11:01 AM   #234
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome!!! Dude, that's the sexiest single order I've ever seen. I can't wait for it to arrive so I can rub my greasy fingers all over the beautiful welds.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #235
INCA
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Awesome!!! Dude, that's the sexiest single order I've ever seen. I can't wait for it to arrive so I can rub my greasy fingers all over the beautiful welds.
agreed! that is an amazing order! cant wait to see it!
INCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #236
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

It is indeed sexy. I'm going to get some of that seam sealant stuff for the tubes to finish them up all nice and pretty. That's down the road though. The tubes probably won't go on until I can take some time off, and spend a few full days working on them. I'll have to clean them up, hit them with seam sealant, grind them, prime them, pull the stock fenders, mount the tubes, pre-mount everything under the fender and drill all the holes for lights f/r, unmount all that, take the fenders off, have Rod paint them, then remount them, install the lights, and then we should be good to go. It's going to be a stressful few days. I HATE electrical work, so I am really going to try and pawn that off on someone, not going to lie. It just pisses me off to no end.

I figure the tubes will go on first. I can worry about getting the axles on and the lift in after that. Then comes the other stuff, like checking to see if the air tank will fit under the jeep, running air lines, air horns, finishing getting the winch wired up, and any of the other random **** I'm not remembering off of the top of my head.

Anyways, time to head over to do the BL.

PS, the TNT order is 720 lbs... lol the UPS dude is going to hate me forever.

Unread 08-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #237
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

lol my UPS guy is always curious what im ordering. hes going to hate me for my upcoming 1000 lb order

i hope its all delivered on the same day

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #238
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I got the BL in. It took about 30 minutes (haha Connor). I screwed around forever picking up the garage and **** getting my junk and tools out of the way for my mom since I kinda took over since I've been working on the Jeep over there. I've still got a hell of a rake to the front from the winch. I'm going to need to put spacers up front. But I'm not going to screw with it until the TNT **** is all on. No pics today, it was raining like crazy, so I didn't bother. Anyways, that's it for today.

The Jeep doesn't look lowered anymore lol.

Unread 08-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #239
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I got the BL in. It took about 30 minutes (haha Connor). I screwed around forever picking up the garage and **** getting my junk and tools out of the way for my mom since I kinda took over since I've been working on the Jeep over there. I've still got a hell of a rake to the front from the winch. I'm going to need to put spacers up front. But I'm not going to screw with it until the TNT **** is all on. No pics today, it was raining like crazy, so I didn't bother. Anyways, that's it for today.

The Jeep doesn't look lowered anymore lol.
Good job man. I assumed you would work slower.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:52 AM   #240
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Good job man. I assumed you would work slower.
well Connor, you just automatically added in the standing around and talking time - or the breaking something time that you usually incur

jk buddy

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.