The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 08-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #211
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey I might have to steal that crate, there is a kid in Connecticut wanting to know if I'll ship the 44 to him.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #212
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I don't care man. It's yours.

Well, I had to scratch the itch. The SwayLOC is done. I had a brainfart mid install, but it's all good. Seriously, this is the most simple install in the world. It is most definitely a one banana job. Limited tools required, simple in design, simple to install. I love it. It drives great, and when you disconnect, even if it sticks a little, it disconnects on it's own, just flip the switch and hop in. I love it. I set it on the second hole from the end, using the shortest link (they provide 3 pairs of various sized links. You can mix and match to fit your growing lift needs). It's great.

PICS! These are really about all you'd need to install them. You can see where the bolts go, what bolts go where, and all that.

Then there's the 1.25" JKS BL and uber beefy 1" Brown Dog MML w/ Brackets hopefully, these will be in Monday. Connor doesn't have to work. So here's hoping.

And here's some pics of one of my moms toys. It's a '31 Ford. She also has a '67 Skylark, black with flames as well.

Enjoy!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 11:00 PM   #213
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

dats a big blower

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #214
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
dats a big blower
That beast will break the *** end loose going around the corner with 1/8th pedal. It's almost impossible to drive on the street because it's so powerful. It's awesome.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 08-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #215
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got a winch plate from 4wp when I took the rear trackbar back. Ordered the other Riddler cover too. Jerry and Rod are coming over today for some Halo and playtime with the Jeep. We'll probably hook up the winch plate and winch but not do the electrical work yet. I'm not going to bother with all that until the tube fenders are on and I can see how everything will be located so I can work out correct distances for cables and everything. The boys are here. I'll update with some pics when **** gets done.

Unread 08-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #216
dadstjaz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice build goin' on here. and sweet lookin' Rod
dadstjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #217
nickoidl
1997 XJ Cherokee 

this build is awesome..i've been reading through the whole thing and i cant wait to see it finished

thanks for serving our country
Unread 08-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #218
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstjaz View Post
Nice build goin' on here. and sweet lookin' Rod
Thanks, and thanks. I promised my mom I'd help get it running again once the build is done. Electrical gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoidl View Post
this build is awesome..i've been reading through the whole thing and i cant wait to see it finished

thanks for serving our country
Thanks for saying thanks, and thanks!

I got the winch and winch plate on. Jerry (Recoil101) and Rod came over to hurry through it so I could get back into the swing of annihilating them in Halo3. Jerry has gotten MUCH better, but I'm still rusty.

Tommorrow, Connor (Imped4now), Rod (Hot_Rod_Hooligan), and I are putting the BL and MML in. Good times.

Unread 08-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #219
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well, Rod and Connor came over the day before yesterday and after a lot of BS we got half the MML in. We got all the stock **** off, and the driver side done. Connor had to head out after that. Rod and I started putting the passenger side engine bracket on and the very first bolt I went to tighten in the block snapped off flush with the block. Yep screwed. Sheared clean through it with almost NO effort on my part. I still don't know what the hell happened. I called Tim from Brown Dog to see what he would recommend, because surely others had done this same thing right? Well, if they did, they didn't tell him. After talking to Tim I took the Dremel to it and cut a slot, hoping to be able to use a large tip flat head screwdriver perhaps. When that didn't work, we called it a night. The stores were closed, and I wasn't going to be able to do anything more than that. Rod ended up crashing here so we could get started

Yesterday, we went to sLowes and I picked up a set of Easyouts and reserved a right angle drill from the tool rental next door. One of the ladies that was helping me mentioned a machine shop here in town that apparently does great work. She recommended that I ask them what they'd do in my situation. So, we swung by on our way back to the house. The dude at the shop knew his ****, and promised me he could get the bolt out, and would replace all the bolts and torque them properly for 100 bucks. So, we headed back to my moms garage and put the rest of the MML in as best we could. The guy at the shop said he wouldn't be able to get to it yesterday, and we didn't want to waste the whole day so we also broke all the body mounts loose, and put the spare tire bracket on while we were messing with ****. I limped it across town to the machine shop where it is sitting now, waiting to be finished. If he doesn't get it done today, I'll have it back tomorrow.

Edit:
So, here's the pics from the install of the MML in all their glory.

The Difference between the stock, and Brown Dog mount held by our beautiful model Connor (and his creepy smile). Now that I'm looking at it... He looks really old in this pic. Hard to believe he's just a pup at 22.

The broken bolt (what's left of it).

Side/Bottom view of the block.

Top view of the block.

The bracket after it was installed as much as we could...

Well, that's what it looked like when I took it in. It's too bad I can't get pics from the shop on how he got it out. I'd love to know.

Here's my jeep floating in mid air with me under it. Hover jackstands are awesome.

Last edited by Bennettj13; 08-12-2009 at 10:12 PM..
Unread 08-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #220
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

that is EXACTLY why i decided to get a brand new motor mount bolt for the drivers side. my entire plan was to get the bolt head out enough, cut it off and pull the rest of the bolt out and replace it.

when am i going to find time to put that stupid thing on... ughh...

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #221
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

It was all brand new grade 8 hardware.

Unread 08-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #222
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

On a side note... I just found out that my insurance covers wheeling "incidents"... As long as I'm not racing, being paid to wheel (I wish), or being paid to carry cargo. Go USAA!

Unread 08-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #223
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Edit: Added pics to the MML update post...

Last edited by Bennettj13; 08-12-2009 at 10:12 PM..
Unread 08-12-2009, 11:18 PM   #224
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, I don't know if I mentioned it previously, but we mounted the winch on the new winch plate. We didn't wire anything but the ground yet, but it's mounted. I'm not going to bother wiring it and everything until the tubes go on and I get a new battery. But it's one less thing in the garage. Now that I'm thinking about it, we raised the motor 1", and didn't have to clearance the shroud to drive it across town. There was still almost an inch of clearance in the shroud, even with the winch installed. I noticed that there was plenty of clearance but I didn't think about the winch playing into that until now. I wouldn't think this would be one of those "every Jeep is different" things, but who knows.

I've yet to install the body lift. If I get the Jeep back from the shop tomorrow, I'll probably do that then. When dealing with the MML, we loosened all the body mounts. They came out without a hitch. It WILL be an uneventful day.

If I don't get the Jeep back, then it looks like I'm sitting around playing Halo. If anyone plays and reads my build thread, hit me up with your Xbox Live name.

Unread 08-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #225
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I actually just started playin halo3 online. Hemel5 is my GT. I aint very good but i love playin haha.

Build is lookin good man

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.