The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #196
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well, with the weather, we decided against it for today. Here in a few days I'll start up again. I've got some stuff to take care of, so no jeep stuff for a few days.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #197
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was right. I just talked to ORO. They grabbed them out of the wrong bin like I had thought. I should have the right ones here in a few days. Chuck over at ORO took care of me.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 08-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #198
nwiTJdave

im not sure whats worse...those of us awaiting the end result not actually invovled in this, or the ones who are putting together what should be a very sexy Pumpkin

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #199
nwiTJdave

Welcome home by the way

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #200
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Welcome home! I'm looking forward to seeing this get going!
Unread 08-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #201
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

James, if I ever get my damn skid back on (all my nutserts are toast) I'll be happy to come help you when I can before I go back to school on the 23rd. I almost like working on other peoples Jeeps better than working on my own, when you run into nasty problems, you can still drive home your rig no matter what just came up
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #202
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you thank you boys. It's good to be home. And Dave, anytime you want to help, give me a call. I'll PM you my number.

Should be a few more days, then I can get into it. Rod is talking to his dad about letting me take the axles up there. He's got the room, and we'd be able to have more grinders on them at once. I've still got a few brackets to cut off, and have to clean the axle up for paint. Plus he's got the sandblaster, so I should be able to pull the knuckles off and get them cleaned up.

Unread 08-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #203
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

A build thread is worthless without pics.... We need some before, during and after to really appreciate the greatness of the build.

Oh wait......here's one....

I'm going to miss those Land Terrains!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #204
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

we're (TORC) going to interlake in october if you're interested in meeting up with us

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #205
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jeff, I will get pics I promise. I actually already took some, but in the last 10 months, my wife has misplaced the cord for the camera. She swears it's "right here" but I've not found it yet. I'm home alone tomorrow and I plan to go looking for it. I'll post some pics of the axles up. I took one of the tierod too. lol I still chuckle when I think about how beefy that thing is.

Spyder, You guys should have someone make an account at IndyORV to coordinate some group runs. Most of the guys in the group I run with don't care for Interlake. They weren't impressed with it at all. I've never been there, but when I brought it up, some strong words were used lol. You guys should come to Redbird or the Badlands instead. We'll show you guys around.

PS: Screw those land terrains. Pitbull Rockers Radials are on the menu now. They should be releasing them "soon" as in, within a week, maybe two. Thanks for reminding me though. I need to shoot an email off and confirm.

Unread 08-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #206
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I didn't find THE camera cord, but I found A cord that fits, and will upload pics.

Here is the difference between the bushing and the SwayLOC...

Then there is the lower swaybar bolts that we so elegantly massaged out. Ryobi rotary tool ftw.

Then there is my purdy rear axle.

Then the front axle, which is purdy, but needs some cleaning up. JK brakes are ****ing huge.

And a shot of the High Pinion goodness. I thought it deserved it's own recognition.

Then there's the beefy *** Rock Krawler tie rod. It's solid stock, with the ends drilled out for stock JK TREs. If they don't hold up, I'm going to drill and tap it and the knuckles for one ton TREs. This thing is frigging heavy. One of those pics is with a penny sitting on the edge for reference.

I'll get more pics up in a bit.

Last edited by Bennettj13; 08-06-2009 at 12:23 PM..
Unread 08-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #207
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

we'll look into it bennett

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 12:38 PM   #208
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I edited my last post to include some pics, here's some more.

The worlds smallest muffler. lol The third pic is from the inlet side. Basically, there's a metal "V" shape in there, that is all the baffling that this muffler has... I liked the sound of the super 44, but wanted something more, this was the solution. Hopefully it's not horribly obnoxious.

Speaking of horribly obnoxious... Horns anyone?

Windstar Airbox since I can't use my stock box with the TNT fenders anymore.

Genright windshield armor. I can't believe they didn't send any hardware or instructions or anything with them. Not that instructions are really needed, but some kind of guidance on what size holes to drill or something would have been nice. Meh, oh well.

Complete Viar OBA system and Rough Country 2.5" lift springs. I'd have taken a pic of the shocks, but I'm sending them back for longer rear shocks. I'm outboarding my rear shocks, so I need 4" longer ones. BTW, when you buy a Viar kit... they don't mess around. You get the whole shebang. Everything you could possibly need. It's awesome.

The Warn M8000 winch. I have a cover for it too (no pics), since we tend to be unable to avoid mud, I thought it was a good investment. I still have to get a winch plate.

LED lights. The top lights are the brake lights. Right below that are some smaller white reverse lights which will eventually be augmented with additional lighting on the bumper. Then at the bottom are the turn signals. LED as well, a tad smaller than the old CJ turn signals, but still not too big I don't think. Then, in the center are the little clear lens amber marker lights for the sides of the tube fenders.

And last but not least, the Riddler Mfg. Diff cover. These pics show a thickness comparison to the stock cover, and also show how Riddler recesses their bolt heads and fill plug to prevent mangling them on rocks. I'm happy with it. Jerry says that if we ever get rich, we should use Riddler covers for cereal bowls. While funny, I probably would lol.

If anyone has any questions about where I got certain things, don't forget I listed all that information on the first post of this thread. I'm going to keep trying to keep a running tab of what's going on there. I hope you all enjoyed the pics. If anyone has any requests, let me know. I'm being a lazy *** today since it's the first day that the wife went back to work.

Unread 08-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #209
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd UPS just came. New SwayLOC bushings are here. Score. Looks like I might be putting that on tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Depends. I took all my tools to my moms the other day when it was pouring rain and impossible to do anything. So, I can't decide if that's in the game plan for tonight, or maybe for tomorrow. hrmmm.

Unread 08-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #210
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Man James, that pic that jeffro posted reminded me how much you like the skinny pedal cant wait to see the adjustment between crazy wheel spin to get anywhere, and crazy traction and very little skinny needed...it feels good to be able to do that

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.