The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #181
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajxj9197 View Post
off topic sorry, but i like ur quotes i just watched that movie the other day ahha
If you like the movie, you should watch the show Firefly, which is what the movie Serenity was based off of. Buy the DVDs though, don't pirate it. Show the retarded Fox execs that people out there are still interested. Plus, it's worth it, there's 3 extra episodes, plus a bunch of bonus stuff on the DVDs.

Thanks for saying thanks, and for following along guys. Hopefully we'll get the ball rolling here soon. I've got medical on monday, so as long as I'm not on med hold there should be no problem. If I go on med hold yeah, I'm back in the states, but I'll still be a long ways from the wife and the Jeep for who knows how long. Here's hopin.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #182
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Woot! No Med hold. I fly home tomorrow, and after the wife falls asleep, I'm sneaking out to the garage to work on the Jeep. It begins!

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 07-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #183
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Glad to hear you are good to go. Can't wait to see progress. Once again since I don't think the first time covered it
THANK YOU. This country is forever in debt to you and your comrades.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #184
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

The build starts Tuesday. DUN DUN DUN.......

I put seat covers on yesterday if that counts? lol

I'll have pics up here in the next few days of all the stuff in the garage. The Rock Krawler tie rod is ridiculously beefy. It has to be an easy 40 lbs. The JK axles are sexy as hell, and I think I have the worlds smallest muffler lol. Get ready for the updates.

PS... TNT order goes in soon. Then it's fun fun fun.

Unread 08-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #185
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

40 lbs....come on. It weighs at least 60. Thing is HUGE. I think it might weigh more than your front axle.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #186
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Can't wait to see the re-birth of the Pumpkinator, should be interesting.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2009, 10:45 PM   #187
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Headed to harbor freight to pick up a jack and jack stands tomorrow, and getting paint for the tubes. If we get froggy, we might do something to the Jeep. If the wife is done with me.

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #188
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jack and Jack stands... this is about to get good. Looking forward to seeing the build photos!
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #189
bandit455
1997 TJ Wrangler 

good to hear you made it home safe

lets see this thing get big!!!!
Eagle scout jeeper #10

my build thread
The Things We Make, Make Us
bandit455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #190
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
If the wife is done with me.
I'm thinking if I was you the jeep would be a winter project.....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2009, 11:32 PM   #191
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys, and lol Jeff

Here is todays highlights... I went to Harbor Freight and got 4 6-ton jack stands, and 4 3-ton stands. Picked up a 3 ton floor jack. I met up with Rod there, and followed him back to his place, then picked him up. He decided to be a champ and help out today.

OK, I'm pissed. I decide to go ahead and start my build tonight. Out of my mountain of Jeep parts in the garage, I grabbed the ORO SwayLOC first. We decided it was too late in the day to mess with the BL or MML today, so that's up tomorrow. I have one of the "new generation" SwayLOCs. It came in the mail a few months ago. So, I doubt it's one of the old ones. So, anyways, we sat down to work...

We take the bumper off, grind my seized lower sway bar link bolts off (since they haven't been taken off in a year) and it wasn't happening. Anyways, the first step is to grease the inside of the poly bushings, and then beat one of them into the front crossmember of the Jeep. Then, the instructions say to insert the outer sway bar through the crossmember tube and push it through the bushing... Small problem, the bushing is about 1/4" smaller than the tube. No amount of lubrication is going to make the outer sway bar fit in that bushing. Now I'm driving with no front swaybar until this gets resolved. lol.

I called ORO and left a message, hopefully I'll hear back from them tomorrow. I'm not pleased thus far.

This had better not be any indication of the rest of my build.

Tomorrow we are going to tackle the JKS 1.25" BL and Brown Dog 1" MML (with engine brackets). I'm sure it will be a pain in the ***, but hopefully it goes better than today did.

I told Rod earlier, "hey, at least if we take the Jeep to my moms tomorrow to do the BL and stuff we'll have the rest of the beer left from the coming home party"

He said, "Yeah, because that's going to speed things up"

I got a chuckle out of that. Meh, it's time for bed. Hopefully tomorrow shows some progress. Gotta get the camera too.

Unread 08-03-2009, 11:36 PM   #192
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you'll have more annoying setbacks than that. Very few things will go smoothly. But I can imagine the TNT stuff will go pretty smoothly.

Later on, when you have an issue, go back and look at my build thread about the time when I had to CUT MY TRUSS OFF after super-welding it on. That will make you feel better. Holy crap, that sucked ****. I doubt you'll have an issue that large....at least I hope not.

Last edited by Imped; 08-04-2009 at 12:00 AM..
Unread 08-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #193
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It happens man.

Happened to me when i went to raptor line my tub. First i didnt have the right tools, then my air compressor kept blowing fuses at my house, then the connector from the hose to the compressor broke so i had to buy a new hose. lol. It will be worth all the **** you wil run into in the end man. Good luck
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #194
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm more pissed that the swayloc was so expensive, and I am having this problem. When I pay that kind of money, I expect the product to work... correctly. I'm still hopeful of tomorrow. I put a thread in TJ tech to see if anyone can help out with the swayloc. We'll see. I've still got plenty of work to do.

OK, time for bed. Rod is snoring on the couch. Connor, if you aren't busy, drive to Anderson tomorrow. Free beer and scraped knuckles. Neither me, nor Rod have done a BL/MML before. We've got directions, but who knows what will happen.

Unread 08-04-2009, 12:16 AM   #195
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm doing some work for a friend of my dad's tomorrow until dark but I can come over after then. The body lift is easy....just get the 4 rear body mounts, front mount and one side loosened, then do the other side. Keep it loose and do the remainder. Your hi lift will probably come in handy tomorrow. The MML is a ***** but with two people, you guys will get it.

Tags
76% lcog , custom , custom suspension , indyorv , jeep on jackstands , jk , lots o' spares , orange , overcompensating , pitbull , pumpkin , rockers , rubi axles , skinny pedal , slowest build in history , tjk , tnt , triangulated , truss , tube fenders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.