The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #166
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Connor and Rod picked up the axle, and it's at the house. No pics yet.

Pitbull only JUST got the molds back for the new radials. So, 3 months from now, I can have my tires. So basically I'm going to have to complete my build, however THAT ends up, and then take the ****ty tires off of my rims now, and put them on the JK wheels and run 31's with almost 4 inches of lift for like a month. That is going to be ridiculous. Here's hoping... I dig these tires a lot. I really hope it works out.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2009, 04:59 PM   #167
INCA
2003 TJ Wrangler 

sounds like a plan! love the color, cant wait to see it go threw the changes!
INCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 07:36 AM   #168
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

You could just wait to gear/install your axles till the tires show up.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 12:49 PM   #169
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

Hey buddy I just finished your interior cleaning and removing your roll bar padding to clean the fabric...also I was looking in your garage and notice your windshield surround armor was rusting a bit so I threw a coat of WD40 on them to keep stop it until you got home and painted them or whatever your plan was. later bro

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 02:59 PM   #170
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil101 View Post
Hey buddy I just finished your interior cleaning and removing your roll bar padding to clean the fabric...also I was looking in your garage and notice your windshield surround armor was rusting a bit so I threw a coat of WD40 on them to keep stop it until you got home and painted them or whatever your plan was. later bro
Hey damnit! I was supposed to help clean the interior! Oh well, any idea of a date your coming home yet? I still want to get your Jeep back up to my dads and give it a quick buff and wax, all the mud and crap out at Badlands has pitted your clear coat a bit, and it's bugging me.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2009, 11:54 PM   #171
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIVIIonster04 View Post
sounds like a plan! love the color, cant wait to see it go threw the changes!
Thanks man. I can't wait either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
You could just wait to gear/install your axles till the tires show up.
Well, if I do that, then I run the risk of having to wait that much longer to get everything dialed in and squared away. I think I'd rather just suck it up, or put some BS tires on in the mean time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
Hey damnit! I was supposed to help clean the interior! Oh well, any idea of a date your coming home yet? I still want to get your Jeep back up to my dads and give it a quick buff and wax, all the mud and crap out at Badlands has pitted your clear coat a bit, and it's bugging me.
No better friends than these right here folks. Jerry, thanks. I'm probably going to spray those guards with bedliner. I guess I might paint them, I don't know yet. But with all the trees and everything out there, I figured the bedliner wouldn't hurt.

Rod, if that's what you want to do then have at it. I appreciate it. I still have no date that I can tell anyone yet.

When I get back to my own base (I'm working another base right now), and have my laptop and everything back up and running I'm going to order the tube fenders. Still undecided on what's going to happen with the rear axle.

Pitbull told me that for sure I'd have one of the first sets of radials. So that puts my mind at ease a little more. I'm still trying to swindle access to the internet in my sleeping area. If not, I'll update in a few more days once I get my order in with TNT.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 06-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #172
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

New developments, I found a rear axle to match my JK Rubi front. It's paid for and on it's way to the house now. I called TNT and talked to them about some new products coming out. I'm waiting on a price quote on a list of parts from them, but the list includes their new front and rear JK to TJ axle kits. Once I get the email back from them I'll have more goodies to buy. One way or another.

At some point, I'm going to have some pics of the pile of crap in my garage because who wants to look at a build thread with no pics anyways? lol Though I figure, anyone that's read along this far will be a real fan. haha You troopers who hold out until the pics and actual build start when I get home will not be disappointed. I promise.

Unread 06-21-2009, 02:57 AM   #173
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

OOOOOOOOOOOOOK, well... I bought the rear axle, it should be showing up to the house any day now. It should have been there the other day, but they missed my wife, and then didn't return her calls to set up another time, but it's all good. They'll get tired of driving around with my axle and drop it off eventually.

I've decided to go through Tom Woods for my SYE and DS package deal. He can manufacture the yoke adapters I need for the axles, and make the driveshafts work, AND I get a military discount, which is more than anyone else was going to do for me. As much as the guys at Redrock4x4 rock (Big props to Jason who's been a big help), they don't price match, and do not give any discount for the military. I'm not a fan of that.

Aside from that, I've decided to go back to the original plan and run a LA kit. The long arm in question would be the TNT Rock Treks kit. Not the 3.5, the "Long Arm Upgrade". I'll be using the RC 2.5 coils and shocks as a crutch until I decide what to do down the road. I don't know, the RC kit might work out well with the LA, but I'm thinking not. I'm thinking AEV coils are in my future.

On top of the LA, I've also decided that I'll be running TNT all around. TNT's Gen II tube fenders up front, their rear extended wheel well corners with flare, and their rockers. There's some other misc stuff they are going to do for me, but it's not worth mentioning right this minute.

I was going to hold out until Savvy came out with their product line to see their rockers and corners before making my decision, but Rod at TNT really took care of me on a bulk deal. And I can't afford to look anywhere else.

I'm going to do things a little differently than I normally do, instead of buying up little stuff here and there, I'll be waiting to make one large purchase once I get home. I wanted to have everything home once I got there, but in taking on the long arm, it swelled my budget a bit too tight, so I'm going to have to push things off a little to be able to accommodate. It's all good. It will still all get taken care of, I just have to wait a little bit.

I bought almost the last of the little stuff. I got all the LED lights I'll need today, I also sealed the deal on a set of JK Rubi wheels. All that's left is SYE, Tires, and TNT. ALMOST DONE! Well, almost done with phase 1...(don't tell the wife)

To give folks an idea of what my Jeep will look like, (even though the color is off, and I don't have beadlocks on the JK wheels...) This is Jason from TNT's rig. He has swapped JK axles under his TJ as well, and is using the same tubes and corners I'll be using. He's running 2" on 37's.

I love it. I dig the wheels, but when/if I finally go to beadlocks, I'll be running Stauns internals. But I do LOVE the look of those beadlocked JK wheels Trailready did for him.

Unread 07-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #174
nickoidl
1997 XJ Cherokee 

dude nice job so far!! i cant wait to see the BUILD!!!
Unread 07-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #175
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you. That makes two of us! I'm just waiting on the next Jeep fund allotment on the first, I'll be home by then hopefully, and able to place the TNT order. Aside from that, all I've got left to make it streetable is tires, wheels, and SYE/driveshafts.

Unread 07-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #176
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I am back stateside. I'm currently in Norfolk VA, doing my out-processing. I flew in the night before last (I think, I don't remember if I lost or gained a day lol). Anyways, as long as this goes alright, and I'm not on med hold, I plan to start work on the Jeep within another week and a half easy. Here's hoping there's no med hold.

Unread 07-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #177
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

off topic sorry, but i like ur quotes i just watched that movie the other day ahha
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 08:51 PM   #178
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Glad to see you are back in the country. I have been waiting to see this built. Also....
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. We are all in debt to you and your fellow co-workers.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #179
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, Glad to hear your back in the US! Look forward to seeing this project get underway.
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 09:46 PM   #180
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Glad you're back man Let's get this rollin, i cant wait to see it.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.