The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pumpkinator's Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 04-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #151
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

nice, now you can run 5.13s.....sweet

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #152
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
nice, now you can run 5.13s.....sweet
Indeed I can.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:20 PM   #153
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am making a list of things to paint Impact Orange while I'm doing my build since I have to buy the paint already for the tube fenders. Rod is going to be painting for me, because he's a pimp. And I want to learn how to paint.

I want to paint the tubes/corners front and rear, the center bezel, the foot plate on my rockers, shocks, springs, and my half doors. I'm still debating on the steering components, diff covers and control arms. I figure those things will all be easiest to do with black for touch up reasons... but I'd like the look better if they were orange lol.

I'm going to be pulling the padding off eventually and painting my roll bars black. I'll also be painting the rocker guards black and their tube step. And to be different, because I've never seen anyone else do it, I'm going to do the outer edge/tube part of the tube fenders in black. It will still look kinda stockish with the color scheme, and will be much easier for touch up.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #154
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That will look sharp as hell man. Hopefully the paint can hold up to some mad abuse. And check your PM box....
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #155
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well, for the black I'm actually planning on using the Duplicolor bedliner. It's durable, cheap, and can be sprayed over for cover ups really well.

Unread 04-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #156
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Well, for the black I'm actually planning on using the Duplicolor bedliner. It's durable, cheap, and can be sprayed over for cover ups really well.
Thats what I use on my sliders. There are a good 8 layers of it on them by now.

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 05:03 PM   #157
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEddie View Post
Thats what I use on my sliders. There are a good 8 layers of it on them by now.
Does it hold it's color well? Any complaints?

BTW, axle update, Phil from Jeeps Gone Wild is going to hook me up on the cheap with his old JK wheels, so I'll have 5 matching wheels for the Jeep. Woot!

I'll just run wheel adapters for the rear so that I'll be able to rotate tires still. I'm going to have to figure something out for my tire carrier too... I wonder if I'll be able to just weld a different stud onto it to fit the JK bolt pattern.

Unread 04-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #158
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Does it hold it's color well? Any complaints?
Its not too bad, UV seems to get to it after a year in the sun (starts to tint kinda blueish), but thats not a problem for me because it gets repainted constantly. I'm sure any UV protectant coating would help it alot. Surprisingly good tire dressing seems to protect it pretty well.

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #159
dbarnhart4
1970 CJ5 

that thing looks great
dbarnhart4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #160
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnhart4 View Post
that thing looks great
The axle or the Jeep? lol

Like I told the other guy, wait until I get it built! It's driving me nuts waiting!

Unread 04-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #161
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Update... I was talking to Jerry (recoil101), who happened to be on the phone with TNT at the time, and he was asking them some questions for me.

The JK to TJ axle swap kit is a truss for the JK HPD44 with new coil mounts, upper and lower CA mounts, TJ track bar mount, and it's knuckle to knuckle so I don't have to worry about gusseting the JK knuckles. It is almost 500 bucks, but for being able to weld it on and bolt the axle in... that's worth it to me. So, that's one more thing on my list of things to get. I'll still have to do the steering, but a lot of the time consuming install work is done with this kit for me. So that's a plus.

I still have the Riddler D30 cover and Super 30 kit w/ARB for sale. Jerry's room mate showed interest in the Super 30 kit, but made no real offer. I'll post it in the classifieds section later today. Hopefully I can get that thing sold soon, and get some more parts ordered after I get the JK axle paid for. I got a set of wheels lined up that I have to pay for still, and the front track bar/steering parts if I can get the Super 30 kit sold soon.

Unread 04-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #162
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I updated the first post to reflect new plans. And re-organized it so (I think) it's easier to read. I can't wait to get home and actually get to BUILD my Jeep and stop planning it.

Unread 05-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #163
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

wait....you are getting soft 8s??

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #164
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, the guy with the axle is throwing in two free JK soft 8's with it, so rather than buy new JK wheels all the way around, I'm just going to get 3 others to match and call it a day until I get through all of THIS part of the build. I'll ditch them later. I hate soft 8's, but at this point, I have to settle on a few things to make everything else work for the best.

Unread 05-18-2009, 01:25 AM   #165
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

As an update for anyone that actually reads this, I'm still waiting on getting the axle. Connor (Imped4now) is supposed to be picking it up for me here this week. On the first I'll be making a call to TNT customs to get my parts from them ordered.

Tags
76% lcog , custom , custom suspension , indyorv , jeep on jackstands , jk , lots o' spares , orange , overcompensating , pitbull , pumpkin , rockers , rubi axles , skinny pedal , slowest build in history , tjk , tnt , triangulated , truss , tube fenders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.