Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
636K views 5K replies 220 participants last post by  JK08JK 
#1 · (Edited)
Firstly, I would like to thank Pat (Nevermonday) and Blaine (mrblaine) for all of their help with all of my questions, the phone calls, and everything else. Without those two, I'd be clueless. Also a big thanks to Robert, Rod, Jerry, Connor, Chris, Marty, and Mike. For all of the help so far, and all the work that you'll help me with that you don't know about yet. :) Also, thank you to Idaho Jeep, thedirt, jason m, Jerry Bransford, and anyone else that I may have missed. There have been tons of people on here who have given me plenty of advice (not that I listened to all of it ;) ) but I think I've got what I want figured out now with everyones help. So, cheers to you. :cheers:

I started ordering parts today for my build, so I thought I'd go ahead and make a thread. There won't be any actual building until I get home from Kuwait, but until then, I figure someone may want to look in on what I'm up to.

If I had any idea how much things would change.... lol... yeah... I edited the first post because I saw how wrong it was after not being changed for like 2 years. Anyways, the Jeep changes a lot in this thread. Enjoy the read, and the banter. There's lots of that. Lots and lots of that.

#3,692 ·
IslandSoul said:
I am certain of one thing your sig does not apply to your Jeep... That ****er is tall. I'm not looking at the uninstalled cage either.

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.
It is actually lower than that. Corners and rockers and other **** has been taken off of it and it is sitting taller.

#3,696 ·
IslandSoul said:
For all intensive purposes I see it and without a hard and fast definition of LCG we are just circling the wagons. I dont want to clog up the build with my impressions anymore either. Carry on, making great progress.
True, there are many different interpretations of LCOG jeeps so I guess you can't say that blah ride height or blah lift defines LCOG.

#3,698 ·
Lol, not to argue, my jeep at 4" of lift is more LCG than about 90% of the ones on here. More so when I'm done. Stay tuned. ;) You'll see.

#3,702 ·
Hope it works out for you bud. I always try to respect the tools I'm using. Every time I don't I get hurt.

Rear axle is out. I want to get the front out tomorrow after work. Then I can focus on getting the bellypan pieces off and to sandblast on Monday.

#3,703 ·
Got the front suspension out all together. I don't want to cut my exhaust just yet, since it was installed after the LA it's a bit of a pain to work around. Instead I'm going to pull the belly pan system with the rear arms still installed at the cross member, then remove them. So, tomorrow I'll work on that some. Then Monday finish it out and get it to sandblast. I r tired.

#3,705 ·
Im going to try and duck out of work at 7 and get the rest of the suspension off today. Then it's grinding time. And there's lots to do. Grinder party!

#3,707 ·
Almost got the belly pan **** out. Snapped all 4 of the rear most bolts off in the nutserts. 4 left. The ones left are factory, should be interesting.

#3,708 ·
Well 3 of the 8 bolts came out. All the others broke and one spun the factory nutsert. **** it. I'm done for the night.

#3,711 ·
Well, that one bolt is holding up the entire belly pan and rear suspension right now. I hope it breaks overnight. Whatever. Once I get the belly pan off, the fenders go. Then hopefully I can borrow Rod's truck while he's finishing sanding and I can take it all to the sandblaster. Then starts the grinding once I get back from that. I'll have to figure out what to do about the nutserts. Waiting on a call back about that. It's nights like tonight I wonder why I even bothered. All I had to do was get a new driveshaft and I could have been wheeling. But nooooo.

#3,713 ·
It only gets better.

#3,714 ·
Broke my iphone the rest of the way. Have to get that fixed today too. I can't do anything but check the time with it currently. So, if anyone tries to call, I suppose I'll get back to you later.

#3,720 ·
Phone is fixed. Taking care of some other business, robbing peter to pay paul then it's back at it.

#3,721 ·
Minor major setback... Money. I miscalculated somewhere, somehow... I'm short. And I'm not talking height or length. I really need to sell the rest of this **** asap.

#3,722 ·
Belly pan and suspension is completely out. It was REALLY sketch getting that thing out. The jeep is so front heavy right now. I need more jackstands. I can pick up the rear of the jeep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.