The Pumpkinator's Build Thread - Page 342 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #5116 of 5132 Old 11-30-2013, 07:26 PM
brokeagin
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats!

1998 Wrangler Sahara in a constant state of repair or modification...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5117 of 5132 Old 10-27-2014, 12:30 PM
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Guess I'm not the only one that took sabbitical from JF. Someone should start a "where are they now" thread. Hope all is well.

My build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5118 of 5132 Old 10-27-2014, 01:51 PM
Imped
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Talked to James today, he's doing just fine.

OlllllllO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IndyORV
post #5119 of 5132 Old 10-29-2014, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Bennettj13
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm alive, baby is good. Wife is good. Been through a few jobs, few cars, lots of changes. Still got the jeep. Never sold too much off of it, just tires pretty much so they didn't dry rot and go to waste. I still have no time, and now have even less money to put it back together, and even less desire sadly. I go out there and see all the work that's left and know I could work on something small, but just can't bring myself to even dive in. And now it's been so long I don't even remember most of what's what. I'll get back into it some day. If not, whatever. Am I bummed? Yep. But there's far more important things out there in life. Friends come and go, but family is there forever. And that's a far priority over fixing the jeep. Catch you all sooner of later.
post #5120 of 5132 Old 10-29-2014, 06:48 PM
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Glad you doing fine bro. That baby is going to be a year old soon! Wish I had a truck and trailer I would come get that Jeep, work a little magic then drive it back a few months later.

K.C.C.O.
Carpe Diem

post #5121 of 5132 Old 10-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Glad you doing fine bro. That baby is going to be a year old soon! Wish I had a truck and trailer I would come get that Jeep, work a little magic then drive it back a few months later.
Be careful what you wish for, one of the Indy guys may just drop it at your door. LOL.

Maybe we can get Extreme Off Road to do a Wrangler now.

James you have the right mind set, never put Jeeping before family.

Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build:

post #5122 of 5132 Old 01-05-2016, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Bennettj13
2005 TJ Wrangler 

To quote my last post from 2014...

"I'm alive, baby is good. Wife is good. Been through a few jobs, few cars, lots of changes. Still got the jeep. Never sold too much off of it, just tires pretty much so they didn't dry rot and go to waste. I still have no time, and now have even less money to put it back together, and even less desire sadly. I go out there and see all the work that's left and know I could work on something small, but just can't bring myself to even dive in. And now it's been so long I don't even remember most of what's what. I'll get back into it some day. If not, whatever. Am I bummed? Yep. But there's far more important things out there in life. Friends come and go, but family is there forever. And that's a far priority over fixing the jeep. Catch you all sooner of later."

Pretty much all that, and the baby is 2 now! It's crazy. She's a riot.

Also this is a bump for T-Jay who PM'd me but I have like 1200 PM's in there and I'm not sifting through them just to send a PM back. lol

If I could give one word of advice, I'd tell everyone to absolutely not tear your junk down unless you are absolutely certain it will be back together quickly. My "two week downtime" has never ended. Now it just sits there. HEY AT LEAST IT'S FINALLY PAID OFF RIGHT?

You kids be good. And if you can't be good, be good at it.

::SELLING HALF OF MY JEEP::

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
post #5123 of 5132 Old 01-05-2016, 09:03 AM
joshr1987

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post

"I'm alive, baby is good. Wife is good. Been through a few jobs, few cars, lots of changes. Still got the jeep. Never sold too much off of it, just tires pretty much so they didn't dry rot and go to waste. I still have no time, and now have even less money to put it back together, and even less desire sadly. I go out there and see all the work that's left and know I could work on something small, but just can't bring myself to even dive in. And now it's been so long I don't even remember most of what's what. I'll get back into it some day. If not, whatever. Am I bummed? Yep. But there's far more important things out there in life. Friends come and go, but family is there forever. And that's a far priority over fixing the jeep. Catch you all sooner of later."

Also this is a bump for T-Jay who PM'd me but I have like 1200 PM's in there and I'm not sifting through them just to send a PM back. lol

If I could give one word of advice, I'd tell everyone to absolutely not tear your junk down unless you are absolutely certain it will be back together quickly. My "two week downtime" has never ended. Now it just sits there. HEY AT LEAST IT'S FINALLY PAID OFF RIGHT?

I can relate to a lot of this. Mine was down for over 3 years for what started out as "a couple months". I didn't have a kid in that time though, cause if I did it would still be down probably.
post #5124 of 5132 Old 01-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Mine has a locker issue, and I sure hope it doesn't turn into a 2 year project. That would so suck.

Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build:

post #5125 of 5132 Old 01-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Imped
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I nearly **** my pants when I saw this thread at the top.....where it used to be.....where it should be.

I don't have the time that I used to but I'm not far if you ever want to turn a wrench on the old bird.

OlllllllO

IndyORV
post #5126 of 5132 Old 01-05-2016, 07:18 PM
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I have done two projects in the last 6 years one took a year, the other about 2.5 years. Worked on it, whenever I felt like it. Both work great last one got built as my mood and money allowed, nothing went on plastic. It does take perseverance to finish a built, it isn't for every one. Still start playing with it, just to spend idle time fruitfully in the garage. You can do it, even when it's at a snails pace.

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
post #5127 of 5132 Old 01-05-2016, 09:37 PM
MO2500
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I know all too well what it's like to start a project with the idea that it will take a few weeks and then have it take seemingly forever. I beat myself to death to finish projects sometimes.

Like Art said, it's not easy at times to come up with time or motivation to get a build done. A lot of times for me, spending an hour on it here or there just feels worse than not working on it at all because I feel down on it and feel like no progress is being made. However, there is always light at the end of a long build and if you do decide to mess with it a little here and there you will eventually find the motivation to make the final drive to the finish. Once your at the paint and final assembely stage you will be dieing to jump in it and go for a drive again.

I still believe that you will drive Pumpkinator again some day, even if you don't believe it yourself

Instagram: @omsmike
post #5128 of 5132 Old 01-05-2016, 09:52 PM
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
I know all too well what it's like to start a project with the idea that it will take a few weeks and then have it take seemingly forever. I beat myself to death to finish projects sometimes.

Like Art said, it's not easy at times to come up with time or motivation to get a build done. A lot of times for me, spending an hour on it here or there just feels worse than not working on it at all because I feel down on it and feel like no progress is being made. However, there is always light at the end of a long build and if you do decide to mess with it a little here and there you will eventually find the motivation to make the final drive to the finish. Once your at the paint and final assembely stage you will be dieing to jump in it and go for a drive again.

I still believe that you will drive Pumpkinator again some day, even if you don't believe it yourself
Amen to that, don't give up!

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
post #5129 of 5132 Old 01-08-2016, 10:22 AM
Howdy

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm alive, baby is good. Wife is good. Been through a few jobs, few cars, lots of changes. Still got the jeep. Never sold too much off of it, just tires pretty much so they didn't dry rot and go to waste. I still have no time, and now have even less money to put it back together, and even less desire sadly. I go out there and see all the work that's left and know I could work on something small, but just can't bring myself to even dive in. And now it's been so long I don't even remember most of what's what. I'll get back into it some day. If not, whatever. Am I bummed? Yep. But there's far more important things out there in life. Friends come and go, but family is there forever. And that's a far priority over fixing the jeep. Catch you all sooner of later.
Good to hear every one is good there. It's been a while since we saw you last. I know all about not enough $. Since I retired can't afford to do all my up grades I want to do. At least both Jeeps are off the blocks and on the road. Good luck and God bless.

Howdy

I waited until I was old enough to afford a Jeep only to find out I still can't afford one.

Now I own two of them.
post #5130 of 5132 Old 01-09-2016, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Bennettj13
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

I'm glad you are doing well Howdy. We need to get together again sometime. Wrangle that boy of yours up and maybe set up another hunting trip for next year or something.

Part of my other problem is that I've taken other hobbies to fill my time. I actually blacksmith now, and have a nice gas forge about half finished in the garage. I've also done a handful of wood working projects as well. I'll see if I can dig up any pictures if anyone cares. You really don't want to see pictures of the Jeep these days.

::SELLING HALF OF MY JEEP::

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.

Tags
76% lcog , custom , custom suspension , indyorv , jeep on jackstands , jk , lots o' spares , orange , overcompensating , pitbull , pumpkin , rockers , rubi axles , skinny pedal , slowest build in history , tjk , tnt , triangulated , truss , tube fenders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.