Pudge's Pumpkin 05 Unlimited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Pudge's Pumpkin 05 Unlimited

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
bearsnut84

Pudge's Pumpkin 05 Unlimited

Here is my new baby. It is a 2005 Wrangler Unlimited with 60k miles. This is my first jeep and am trying to decide exactly what to do to the jeep. Any suggestions are taken and I will be looking and updating as I get new ideas. Thanks

img_3490.jpg  
bearsnut84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I dont know if I would call that color pumkin but tis your jeep.

What do you plan to do with the jeep? daily drive it, race short course, trail ride, put ton under it for the huge tires, crush it?

Looks pretty clean. Got any side shots?
Unread 02-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #3
bearsnut84

I will get some better pictures of it after work. It is pretty bright orange that doesn't show up in pictures for some reason. It is a good play on name for my nickname so it works for me.
This is my daily driver and I will do some light trail riding in summer time nothing serious as I don't want to mess up my daily driver. With that said I drive 1 mile to work so ride isn't the most important thing to me. I want to find the balance of good ride and tough looking and that is where I need help.
Unread 02-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Twas a joke. I drive an Impact Orange LJ too. Build in sig. What tire size are you running and do you plan on going any bigger?
Unread 02-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
bearsnut84

I have 30 inch tires and I do want to go up to something a little bigger but not huge. My father in law has 35s and I do not wat anything crazy like that so I am thinking 32 or 33.
Unread 02-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
Jwinecoff00

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just bought a new-to-me LJ as well, so I can officially say...Welcome to the club! Looks like you scored a clean Jeep, and I have always loved that orange. Do you have any idea of what kind of wheeling you are wanting to do? Any particular goals? Figure that out, and then we can help you with ideas to get the build going.

Stock Rubicon Drive train / Zone 4.25" Combo Lift / 35x12.50x15 KM2's on 15x8 Fuel Revolvers / NOVAK Shifter

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...build-2068833/
Jwinecoff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #7
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thats a clean looking impact LJ , nice score and welcome to the club .
Unread 02-12-2014, 08:35 AM   #8
bearsnut84

My ideas!

Thanks!! Weather here in Ky has not been picture friendly I think this weekend will bring a photo shoot. Here is some things that I have found that I want to do to my LJ now let me know what you think and you can be honest no hurt feelings here I do not know so I like taking good advice.

This is my DD and in the summer I will do some light trail stuff but nothing to heavy. So I am doing my mods for looks and comfort of driving and riding. Also I am doing this on a semi budget so I like finding good things cheap lol. I know that mods are not cheap and I will be saving and buying my stuff so this is going to be a slow build thread but please stick with me. Below are some links please let me know any reviews on these good or bad. Also if you know of better products please do not hesitate to throw it my way.

Lift
Skyjacker 2" Spacer Lift Kit with the nitro shocks
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16117_10X_C_PG.htm

Front Bumper
Quadratec QR3 Dual-Tube Winch Mount Bumper with Hoop
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12061_021X_PG.htm

Bumper Lights
KC Hilites
http://www.quadratec.com/products/97048_3510.htm

Fenders
Rugged Ridge All-Terrain 6-Piece Flare Kit
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12510_0122_07.htm

This is as far as I have got but do plan on bigger set of wheels and tires in the fall for my birthday, my wife already said she would buy me some for my 30th!!
Unread 02-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #9
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'd suggest a 2" budget boost, 1" body lift, and slap on some 33s and enjoy it for awhile. The body lift will come in handy on down the road and the 2" BB can easily be taken off for a larger lift.
AdamH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #10
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would keep looking at bumpers. I dont think you really want that one.
Unread 02-12-2014, 09:20 AM   #11
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsnut84 View Post
Lift
Skyjacker 2" Spacer Lift Kit with the nitro shocks
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16117_10X_C_PG.htm
I would rather buy good used springs and buy some new shocks for about the same price as what you are looking at . I sold my Old Man Emu springs for $150 , and I have seen a few sets recently for sale on here . You just have to watch for them as they dont last long .

Quote:
Front Bumper
Quadratec QR3 Dual-Tube Winch Mount Bumper with Hoop
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12061_021X_PG.htm
Craigs List $50 tops , and are you sure you want that bumper ?
Quote:
No beefs with these , good old fashioned lights . LED's are the light of choice , but these will serve you well .
http://www.amazon.com/Sunsbell%C2%AE...ght+round+jeep
As an alternative these at $38 a piece are supposed to be phenomenal , and I plan on getting a set once things settle down .

Quote:
Fenders
Rugged Ridge All-Terrain 6-Piece Flare Kit
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12510_0122_07.htm
Please lord no ...

Quote:
This is as far as I have got but do plan on bigger set of wheels and tires in the fall for my birthday, my wife already said she would buy me some for my 30th!!
What size tires do you want to run ? That will determine what lift and other items you will need .
Unread 02-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #12
bearsnut84

I feel more comfortable buying a kit for a lift because I do not know what to buy if I piece it together lol

Why the beef with the bumper?
What is wrong with the fenders?

I want to run 33 inch tires
Unread 02-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #13
20jeepster10
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think on the fender flare kit they are more brittle than the factory ones so they tend to crack easily
The bumper is kinda flimsy and rust fairly easy
These are just what I've picked up on these forums
I recently purchased a tj rubicon and plan like you to dd it and mild wheel so I am planning my build right now rather than just put parts on.
Listen to the info that's put out for you and build it how you want it
20jeepster10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 12:29 PM   #14
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

lift:
I cant speak to the lift as I have never ridden in a jeep with the skyjacker lift. I live an hour or so south of one of their locations and they are not held in high regard with their TJ stuff as much as they used to be. I would probably look into old man emu 2" kit and bilstein shocks (cant say enough good things about how my bilsteins changed my jeep). I understand what you are talking about when you start you don't want to piece together a lift.... I was in the same boat for a long time as I was a leaf spring guy before I bought my LJ. But after a few of my suspension parts started to get some wear, I looked into it and figured out it was not as hard as I have previously thought. Rokmen makes a great set of adjustable control arm too (have those on my jeep). Just do a bit of reading about lifts on here and similar jeep TJ forums, look at what comes in a lift "kit" and crawl under the jeep to investigate where it all goes.

bumper:
A lot of people tend to shy away from chrome tube bumpers. They dont last long on a trail jeep and limit what accessories and winch you can run.

lights:
cant go wrong with that price point on proven lights.

flare kit:
these (if they are like the bushwackers) get a bad review because the bolt head and all the fasteners are fake and are secured from inside the fender well like the original ones do. I personally dont like the look but there isnt much out on the market for wide flares that have a factory look.

But this is your jeep and your money. Do what you want. The above comments are just my 2 cents.
Unread 02-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #15
bearsnut84

Thanks for all the input and I love hearing all the different opions!

I should have said I want the textured black bumper. I actually kind of have a hatred for chrome lol. I just like the look of tube and as long as there isn’t a drawback to tube would love to move that direction.

This whole suspension kit stuff just freaks me out but I will do research and learn what I can.

I really just like that rugged look of those fender flares. If you got any other suggestions please feel free to throw my way.

Someone asked what tire size I want to run and I am looking at 33 inch.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.