Project "YJ Unlimited" Build-Up - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project "YJ Unlimited" Build-Up

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!

Unread 01-06-2009, 12:24 AM   #91
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
Nice project so far. Should be a sweet rig when it's done. Are you planing on having a soft top setup for it?
No, imho i don't like soft-tops.. at all... pita to setup, i don't like how they look, etc etc... so just the hardtop.. maybe just a bikini top.. or if i ever did decide to use a soft top the stock LJ Unlimited softtop works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrio View Post
Im dissapointed in the lack of updates lol.

Updates are coming I promise I've just been really busy lately

chocflip201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2009, 07:19 AM   #92
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Understandable. Just get to work on it!
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2009, 05:54 AM   #93
ninjzx998
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Keep em coming loving it so far
ninjzx998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2009, 05:56 AM   #94
bfr
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKNIPE2000 View Post
i know hindsight is 20/20, but it might have been easier if you had turned the hardtop upside down and covered the inside with a layer of fiberglass. once that hardened you would have a "shell" matching the hardtop shape exactly, which you could have used in place of the aluminum foil & cardboard.
I think the way he did it is the way to go... This way he knows it fits the tub.
Unread 01-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #95
DylanAnd
2000 TJ Wrangler 

updates???

ok so i check this for updates everyday and i'm pretty sure
i have this whole thread memorized by now...

anyways please more updates i want to know
how this is coming along =]
DylanAnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #96
drerict
1983 CJ7 

Waiting for another update . . . . .
Unread 01-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #97
vtjeepguy97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i want updates. both you and "envy" stopped posting. i want to know how its all coming along
vtjeepguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #98
DeVo24
2008 JK Wrangler 

No Updates?

Hope the YJ is comin' along, miss seein' the progress though.
DeVo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #99
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

yeah sorry i've been pretty busy lately progress is still coming its just been a little slower for a while as I've been juggling another project (installing a 440 cc big bore kit into my 400EX but now thats all done and over with so now I can go back to putting my full attention into the jeep. The top is really really close I havn't been taking pictures because I brought the jeep home (it was about 30 miles away before when I was working on it so that I could have a nice warm shop but it was to far to drive daily so I brought the top home and I've been working on it in the shed in my backyard. Kinda cramped, and its colder than the shop before so it takes about twice the time for the resin to harden). Comin up soon will be sandblasting of the frame and getting it cleaned up and then I'll be putting the body on the frame.
Unread 01-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #100
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

So I'm pretty sure all of you have given up and thought that I've died. I havn't.. I ordered some stock windows that were supposed to fit the stock LJ top but when they got here they were ones for a TJ not an LJ so I sent them back and re-ordered the new ones. luckily it was COD so i didn't have to pay for them. Also I got the Disc Brake brackets tonight man these things are beefy.. I went with the bolt ons because the inspection places would like to see the bolt ons rather than the weld-ons. A few grade 8's and they'll be more than strong enough. I may even weld them on to the housing after the inspection just for added strength. I bought these though because they are pre-bent and dont have a need for a cheap crappy spacer design like other distributors.

And what they will look like mounted. (Picture is of a D70, not a 14Bolt, so they are slightly different)
Unread 01-26-2009, 08:27 PM   #101
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Those look nice. Ready to see the finished top, sucks about the windows.
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #102
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Well this isn't really the update that most of you guys want to hear, but needless to say today was pretty much the worst day in a long long time and I don't exactly know when I will be able to work on the Jeep again it might be a few weeks. But here are the 1 ton axles that I will be putting under it eventually.

1978 Ford F-350 Kingpin High Pinion D60 w/35 spl. inners and outers.-$850

GM 14 Bolt. 30 spl... - Came with a Detroit Locker and a low gear ratio carrier (4.56 and numerically higher, so that I can run my 5.38's) -$200

Both axles came with free, stock-sized tires. This will make it easier to wheel around during the build-up rather than the 40's all the time. Front axle has Dual-Piston calipers, and the rear axle will recieve a disc-brake upgrade with E-Brake compatible calipers so that I won't have to run a line-lock. Front axle will recieve Double-Shear Hi-Steer arms, an Eaton electronic E-locker, and both will get regeared to 5.38:1

:sigh:
Unread 01-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #103
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Bomb proof.
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #104
whittlecj
1980 CJ7 

Hopefully things have gotten better? I miss this thread!
Unread 02-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #105
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittlecj View Post
Hopefully things have gotten better? I miss this thread!
Still not quite back to normal just yet, I work with my Dad and our boss kinda through us under the financial bus a few weeks ago so I havn't been able to dump a bunch of money into the Jeep right now so I've been doing the free stuff like buffing all the suspension tabs/leaf spring perches off of the axles and getting them cleaned up and ready to be rebuilt. And I have been saving up extra side money so that I can finally purchase my own MIG welder and not have to borrow other peoples welders (I have an arc of my own, but its just not the same). I will post up a picture tommorrow of the cleaned up axles they look pretty good. And with my tax return (which I should be getting the beginning of next week) I will be able to pick some speed back up on the Jeep and get it going steady again. Just to let everyone know I'M NOT GIVING UP ON THIS JEEP, ITS JUST A SMALL SPEEDBUMP.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.