Project "YJ Unlimited" Build-Up - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project "YJ Unlimited" Build-Up

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #271
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Is that a scrambler top on there? We want more pictures!

Yes it is, good eye.

chocflip201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #272
alexs93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I know this thread is ancient, but did anything ever come of this AWESOME project?
alexs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #273
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry I'm terrible at updates, it's still plugging along slowly. Got some pretty sweet tube fenders fabbed up up front, just have a little left to button them up.

I also got some killer sweet (super bright) LED headlights to replace the stock ones in the grill. In my opinion they put HID's to shame. I'll get some pics tonight of them lit up when it gets dark.

Unread 05-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #274
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Well I have pretty much stayed up all night so far, first building a bracket to mount the two lights on at 30" apart on center (same width apart as the YJ factory lights) and then driving around random locations where there was not any ambient lighting to compare these two new LED headlights to my factory Chevy Silverado headlights (with Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulb on the passenger side light lol)
Each set of two pictures were done in the exact same location and trying to minimize any other variables that would effect the results. To test the LED lights I just put my home-made bracket on top of my radiator support on my truck, and turned off my truck's stock lights. Keep in mind that human eyes pick up more light than an iPhone camera so both the halogen light pictures and the LED light pictures would be quite a bit brighter in real life, more than the pictures show.
The LED lights were just attatched to my battery with 16 ga. wire and alligator clips straight to the battery for these comparisons. The LED light pair only draws 10 amps.
Also keep in mind that the LED lights are litterally bolted to a wood board, and are not adjust correctly. Once they are in the grille of my Jeep I can aim them for the best overall lighting. They are a spot-pattern. I can promise you these results are as fair as I can make it. Both the Halogen lights on my truck are in working order (one isnt burned out or anything) and I aimed the LED lights in a fashion as if they were sitting in my grille, nothing tricky there. Also, the LED's are going on a completely non-road-legal vehicle as the LED's are not DOT approved.
To the results:
Halogen

LED's

Halogen

LED's

LED's

LED

LED
Unread 05-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #275
Kdeome
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Can you post all the info insight and mods for the tj dash swap? You're the only guy I've seen with it!

Crawled.
Kdeome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #276
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

To be honest I just kind of started cutting at the places that interfered. I did cut too much though out of the tan one that I have so when I am finished welding in my cage I have another spare dash to try again with. My insight; you can save a lot of the dash material if you make it so the windshield can't fold down without removing the dash. I don't think I have any desire to fold my windshield down. I can take some closer pics of it all but it actually was almost as easy as I expected. It does have some interference with my half-door interior latch handles, but they still work. Just have to squeeze your finger in between them.
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #277
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

Kick *** lights. Brighter than my HIDs lol
Unread 05-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #278
Kdeome
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocflip201 View Post
To be honest I just kind of started cutting at the places that interfered. I did cut too much though out of the tan one that I have so when I am finished welding in my cage I have another spare dash to try again with. My insight; you can save a lot of the dash material if you make it so the windshield can't fold down without removing the dash. I don't think I have any desire to fold my windshield down. I can take some closer pics of it all but it actually was almost as easy as I expected. It does have some interference with my half-door interior latch handles, but they still work. Just have to squeeze your finger in between them.
Thanks, I'll take any pics you might have of the process or even finished product!

Out of curiosity, did you ditch your heat?
Kdeome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #279
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdeome View Post

Out of curiosity, did you ditch your heat?
no i still have heat, but no AC

----------------------------------

Tube fenders skinned...

And primered
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:30 AM   #280
myillwillinc
1990 YJ Wrangler 

post pics of the led light mounted...
myillwillinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 02:42 AM   #281
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myillwillinc View Post
post pics of the led light mounted...
not permanently mounted in this pic. I have to make a bracket still. Waiting for my new Griffin Radiator to show up before I make a headlight bracket.

Unread 06-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #282
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdeome View Post
Can you post all the info insight and mods for the tj dash swap? You're the only guy I've seen with it!

Crawled.

Unread 06-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #283
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocflip201 View Post
Sorry I'm terrible at updates, it's still plugging along slowly. Got some pretty sweet tube fenders fabbed up up front, just have a little left to button them up.
your tire tread reminds me of Lucky Charms!

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #284
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Got my SFR (Stinky Fab Racing (Stinkbug on Pirate4x4)) YJ 4.0L motor mounts. Quality is pretty nice, and fit up pretty easily. I just had to redrill the holes for my new motor mount bushings because I think the stock bolt size is either 1/2" or 12mm, and my bushings take a 9/16" bolt so just had to drill them out. I wish they were .25" plate instead of .190" but oh well. I like them still better than the brown dog mounts, and I don't think I will have any motor mount issues.
*these pics are on my mock-up motor which is out of my old '87 XJ Cherokee. The motor going in is a stroker 4.7 from a 1993 YJ, motor mounts are the same enough though.
Hard to see but the SFR logo is etched into each piece.

Hit them with a few coats of primer first..
Drivers side bolted up

Passenger Side

and both in their new homes in the engine bay with bushings in place

Unread 06-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #285
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

As you can see in the first picture the motor is not centered yet in my engine bay. The pictures of the white PVC pipe are to check the route/clearances for my front driveshaft. There is plenty of room, and also there will be more room when I move the front of the motor a couple inches to the passenger side of the engine bay to make it centered. Front shaft measures at about 48" right now but when my radiator gets here I am going to install it and move my front axle backwards as far as I can while still having sufficient clearance.

And I will definitely be able to run a flat-belly skidplate, all the drivetrain is tucked up above the bottom of the frame rails.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.