Project "YJ Unlimited" Build-Up - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project "YJ Unlimited" Build-Up

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-03-2011, 04:30 AM   #211
shoreline
1987 YJ Wrangler 

That is "hugger orange" - it is was of my top three choices as well. I like!

shoreline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #212
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreline View Post
That is "hugger orange" - it is was of my top three choices as well. I like!
I saw a Ranger today that color, I'm likin it the more and more I see it. And it's nice because its not too common.

So my buddy finally got me my body mount bushings today and I can get going on the frame backhalf tomorrow. but I got the frame bolted up to the body tonight. And yes all the bolt holes lined up right in the center of where they should

and it was asked on Pirate4x4 why I did my boatsides at the angle I did... here is why... with this straight edge on the boatside it is still about 3/4" away from the frame at its closest point and this will let me run a flat peice of skidplate that goes all the way from the bottom of the frame, to the top of the boatside to keep it all protected.

chocflip201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #213
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Those body mount brackets turned out nice.
Unread 02-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #214
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
Those body mount brackets turned out nice.
Yeah I think so too, its a great alternative to body lift pucks. not to mention it's 3/8" plate

----------------------------------------------------

And also here are my new seats I got for the jeep. I got them from my same buddy who did my bushings, and he got them from my brother, he's just had them in storage since he got them from my brother and so I cleaned them up with soap and water and then made them look good with Mothers Protectant.. if any of you guys have wondered which leather/vinyl protectant is the best, it's this one.. I love it because it's really hard to use "too much". The more you use the better it looks, unlike some other protectants that if you get too much on the leather, you get a milky residue film.. Not to mention this stuff smells great

Unread 02-05-2011, 12:06 AM   #215
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

what are those seats out of?
Unread 02-05-2011, 02:23 AM   #216
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
what are those seats out of?

My brother bought them at Checker/O'Reilly auto. They're inexpensive and I love them, they are comfortable, accommodate a 4 point harness, have good quality vinyl, have sliders, fold forward for rear-seat access and ya can adjust the angle of the chairback.
Unread 02-05-2011, 02:30 AM   #217
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a link for the seats.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0600&ppt=C0379

Hmm well the link isn't working for me. But if you go to www.oreillyauto.com and put FML100 in the search box (that's the part number) it will direct you to them.
Unread 02-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #218
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Wow... this is friggin awesome
Jankoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #219
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Really, Just like that you come back into my life. Welcome back, Now get back to work. We have been waiting to long.
Hendrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #220
kirbatron
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sick. love it.
kirbatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #221
kirbatron
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocflip201 View Post
Sorry for the lack of pics these last few days. My buddy has dropped the ball on my body mount bushings and has put them off to where thats what I'm waiting on.

I should get them tomorrow and then I can get onto the frame back-half.

P.s. this is what color code I've been thinking about... good ol' "General Lee" Orange.. (don't know the real name of the paint color)
Not sure if the challenger and the mustang are different shades of orange (probably) but I'm doin mine 'Grabber Orange' which i've seen around: Grabber Orange As a fellow Utah jeeper would love to see it in person when its done!

EDIT: They are different shades. Disregard, lol.

Last edited by kirbatron; 02-11-2011 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: update
kirbatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #222
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbatron View Post
Not sure if the challenger and the mustang are different shades of orange (probably) but I'm doin mine 'Grabber Orange' which i've seen around: Grabber Orange As a fellow Utah jeeper would love to see it in person when its done!

EDIT: They are different shades. Disregard, lol.
Yeah I think the dodge challenger hugger Orange will look better with black and I plan on having quite a few black accents.

P.s. sorry for the few days without pics, I've been battling a cold, dealing with a funeral and have been doing the design work on the frame backhalf. Also been selling lots of parts that I won't be using for this build. But I'm almost out of parts to sell so expect updates soon, maybe tonight.
Unread 02-12-2011, 07:34 AM   #223
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

Hemi Orange. Its a Mopar, not a Camaro.
rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #224
longtall
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Great build, making me change my mind on buying a TDK frame and Aqualu body tub for $7500. Save some $5000+ on using a yj frame and body tubs to make my bobbed scrambler.
longtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #225
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymanrph View Post
Hemi Orange. Its a Mopar, not a Camaro.
Makes sense. I don't follow the hot-rod world too closely, I would have never have known Hugger Orange was for Camaro's, close enough in color for me anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtall View Post
Great build, making me change my mind on buying a TDK frame and Aqualu body tub for $7500. Save some $5000+ on using a yj frame and body tubs to make my bobbed scrambler.
yeah but aqualu aluminum bodies are sooo sweet.

__________________________________________________ _____

Anyways, not too crazy of an update, just some pics.

then

and tacked

bushings stick up 1/4" above top of frame

bolted in

clearance

halfway done, now comes the fun part. connecting the two.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.