*I take a lot of pictures, sorry 56k interneters!
Well now its time to finish the frame backhalf and the new body mounts, first off I started by cutting off the most rearward body mounts on my frame off.. The black line is the center of the body mount hole (I already wrote down all the dimensions of the location of the body mount hole in relation to the frame)
Then I cut two 20" lengths of 3"x4" rectangle tubing w/ .25" wall thickness
Then I marked out my design, and used an 1.5" diameter hole saw and drilled a hole.
Then I cut out my fishmouth designs.. I did one male fishmouth and one female fishmouth so I can further space out my welding surface and minimize any chance of shear on my frame. In this picture you can see how much of the existing YJ frame will get sleeved with the new frame material. (this is directly above will be placed.
and with some persuasion I coaxed in into its place.. this isn't exactly quite where it will be sitting but it is really close, for illustration purposes anyways.
In this bird's eye picture you can see in the right side of the picture there is a gap between the YJ frame and the male fishmouth, this was done on purpose so that I can pinch that together with a C-clamp and get some welding surface around the corner of the bend.
I'm not quite done with working on this piece, I just wanted to take some pics to show you what I've been working on today. As you can see (in green) I am going to add some more 1.5" holes for rosette welds just for extra strength. (as they say, overkill is underrated.) I will be building the rest of my frame off of these new pieces.