Project "YJ Unlimited" Build-Up - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project "YJ Unlimited" Build-Up

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-15-2009, 04:06 AM   #151
SDT03GCOverland
2003 WJ 

This is getting painful at this point. more more more.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3369302
SDT03GCOverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #152
Jon00XJ

11 pages of reading and lmost year later and that thing isnt on the frame yet? Are we getting close to a FAIL?
Jon00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #153
Nates93yj

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon00XJ View Post
11 pages of reading and lmost year later and that thing isnt on the frame yet? Are we getting close to a FAIL?
Settle down it takes a lot more time and fabing than just putting a 4.5 rough country and 33 mts on a xj. It took me about 9-10 months to do my frame off, and i didnt even stretch it.

OP Things are looking great
1993 Jeep Wrangler Nates93yj BuildSOLD
Nates93yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #154
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nates93yj View Post
Settle down it takes a lot more time and fabing than just putting a 4.5 rough country and 33 mts on a xj. It took me about 9-10 months to do my frame off, and i didnt even stretch it.

OP Things are looking great
no offense but the guy above you just read what the op had posted which was he would work on this alot...now in my opinion the op can take as long as he wants...the build is going smoothly and he has a lot of time put into it...the only thing i dont get is why not buy a LJ for all the work?

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #155
thetrashman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

well i have read every page and ever post, and its awesome.
man i wanna meet you someday and shake your hand.
killer stuff!

My Build Thread
thetrashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #156
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
no offense but the guy above you just read what the op had posted which was he would work on this alot...now in my opinion the op can take as long as he wants...the build is going smoothly and he has a lot of time put into it...the only thing i dont get is why not buy a LJ for all the work?
because square headlights are better!

and to be different.

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #157
WILLTAKE
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Any more progress yet? I need some more ideas to borrow
WILLTAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 04:54 PM   #158
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Let me give any youngsters like me out there a word of advice... GIRLFRIENDS ARE EXPENSIVE!!!

I've had a gf for the past year and guess who came second.. thats right, the YLJ... Don't worry this build is still definitely on and plugging away! And I've came up with some more ideas over the past few months... can you say twin turbo I-6 stroker? I've already got the turbo's... going with two smaller turbo's. I shouldn't have any turbo lag so I should still be good offroad. Also the rear 14 bolt is getting treated to some kingpin C knuckles... Yes, 4-wheel steering.. I'll try to get some more progress pictures up very soon. Also, other things that have occupied my time (other than the gf, and p.s. we're broken up now so I have all the time in the world to work on it, and enough money to keep pluggin away at the jeep) is I bought a 2008 YZ450F, a 1999 F-350 powerstroke and have built a nice 15'x28' shop with a 9' tall and 9' wide garage door with a 12' ceiling so that I can work on my jeep in all different weathers and all hours. Sorry for the muuch too long break!
chocflip201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 07:12 AM   #159
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocflip201 View Post
Let me give any youngsters like me out there a word of advice... GIRLFRIENDS ARE EXPENSIVE!!!

I've had a gf for the past year and guess who came second.. thats right, the YLJ... Don't worry this build is still definitely on and plugging away! And I've came up with some more ideas over the past few months... can you say twin turbo I-6 stroker? I've already got the turbo's... going with two smaller turbo's. I shouldn't have any turbo lag so I should still be good offroad. Also the rear 14 bolt is getting treated to some kingpin C knuckles... Yes, 4-wheel steering.. I'll try to get some more progress pictures up very soon. Also, other things that have occupied my time (other than the gf, and p.s. we're broken up now so I have all the time in the world to work on it, and enough money to keep pluggin away at the jeep) is I bought a 2008 YZ450F, a 1999 F-350 powerstroke and have built a nice 15'x28' shop with a 9' tall and 9' wide garage door with a 12' ceiling so that I can work on my jeep in all different weathers and all hours. Sorry for the muuch too long break!
thank god!

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 05:14 AM   #160
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

i now have shop envy to go with my Jeep envy..
Ya I got a GF about a ya year ago and they do cost and take your time. Mine kinda understands the jeep thing at least. so I get time to work on it. Just no $$$
Unread 02-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #161
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

yeah mine didn't understand the jeep thing, but wanted me to "spend time on it" so that I could get it done, but whenever I did spend time on it she would get upset that we weren't spending time together.. oh well..

Grrr... so I drove up to Idaho.. (about a 7 hour round trip from where I live) because I got a great deal on a '93 H.O. 4.0 complete with everything including the complete harness, still all plugged in so I know where everything goes.. so I unloaded it out of the back of my truck today and put it on an engine stand and was wheeling the stand around to the door of my shop and when I got to the door I had a little lip that I had to lift the engine stand wheels over, well the first pair of wheels went over just fine... (mind you it was a tight squeeze), I don't know why I didn't go through the big garage door... but when it came to the 2nd pair of wheels, as soon as I went over the threshold KABLOOUGH!! the engine and stand tip over...

Damage report- smashed the PCM (engine computer) against the floor, shattering it... put a dent in the oil filter, which is okay because I was planning on replacing it anyways, smashed one harness clip that I'm not sure what it goes to yet, and dented my shop door... ... yeah you're lookin at a mormon who said "F*CK!!!!"

So what years of PCM will work with this '93 engine? and would anyone on here have one they'd like to sell me?
Unread 02-04-2010, 06:18 AM   #162
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

Sorry to hear that. It was painful enough to read. Hope you get it sorted out.
rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #163
TennesseeTJ02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

looks like an awesome build so far.
TennesseeTJ02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 08:35 PM   #164
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

So here is the start of my turbocharged 4.6L Stoker build up..

I decided not to use my 4.0 out of my '87 cherokee to rebuild, just because it makes more sense to start out with a newer engine with the High Output head, fuel rail, exhaust manifold etc.. So I went for a 7 hour round trip drive to Idaho and picked up a complete 1993 engine for $300.

Today I spent a lot of time and detail marking all of the electrical connectors on the wiring harness so that I know what will go where when it comes time. (when pulling the engine out of my old XJ I didn't mark anything).. And then I took lots of pictures just so I have a better idea of how the harness went... not really rocket science.. but maybe less headache in the future.

Here are some pics of the harness plugs just in case you are curious about what is what... I didn't know what some of the plugs were (i.e. "engine block B" in the second picture, mounted to the oil dipstick holder) and I'll just have to figure them out down the road.

Then I took off the harness and started taking off all the engine accessories... hopefully tomorrow will finish getting all of the engine apart.
Unread 02-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #165
chocflip201
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Well I got the engine completely torn apart and separated into ziploc bags haha.. Block and head go to the machine shop Monday to get Hot-Tanked and Magnaflux tested for cracks. Then I get to wait for the new crankshaft, pistons, seals and other parts to get here.. While I wait I can clean up some parts with this no its not staying in the living room haha

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.