Project Wendi - 93 Zj 4.0L 4x4 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 11-09-2015, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
bradferrell

Project Wendi - 93 Zj 4.0L 4x4

I got back into offroading a couple of years ago and began looking for a 4x4. The suspension on the ZJ really struck me as something special and I like the size and utility of an SUV so I started looking around for the 5.2L and got sticker shock TBH...

Tonight I paid $500.00 for a 93 ZJ with a 4.0L out of an XJ. It even has a title and is really clean inside and out and bad paint on the roof and damaged tailgate. She looks like this at night...

This is what she'll look like if I finish this project...

I'll be posting more pictures and video as we progress but for now this is where I am at.

Still debating whether to make her street-legal or just a trailer-Jeep. She's being built for The Rubicon on a really tight budget with a friend of mine who is a mechanic/fabricator/offroad enthusiast. I'm a filmmaker and building this Jeep and taking my deaf dog on The Rubicon to see some of the USA's hidden sights is a dream of mine. I hope to do some timelapse astral photography also while on the trail and meet other travellers and builders and make it home safe and sound to Texas.

Like I said, I've been researching the ZJ for a couple of years now. Can't wait to get started.

Last edited by bradferrell; 11-23-2015 at 01:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-23-2015, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
bradferrell

Evolution of an idea.

Just some ideas I'm throwing around. Got a meeting with the fabricator this evening.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.