Project "VICTIMIZED" (Pic heavy build thread) - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project "VICTIMIZED" (Pic heavy build thread)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #46
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Today I got notification that my Undercover Fab Ultra High Clearance tummy tuck, engine skid, and Novak cable shifter are shipping out and should be here by next Friday.

So now I need to pick a 1-1.25" body lift, and I need a motor mount lift also...

I'm leaning towards another Brown Dog MML with the rubber bushings like I ran in project Wrongway, but I've heard about some other MML's that are supposed to be just as good if not better...

Anyone got any ideas? Fast shipping would be a plus, that way it would hopefully get here in time that I could do my tummy tuck next weekend.

Necromancer_tat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #47
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I really liked the Brown Dog motor mounts the last time I used them, so I decided to go with them again for this build.

I just placed my order with Brown Dog for:

http://browndogindustries.com/CU2883...ts-Rubber.aspx

And while researching the M.O.R.E. motor mounts I decided I really liked the M.O.R.E. 1" body lift, so I ordered one of these as well:

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/_e/Je...h_out_A_C_.htm
Unread 01-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #48
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

UCF UHC skid and Novak cable shifter.

Got home today and this was on my front porch.

This is the second one of these that I've ordered, it still trips me out that they're shipped like they are with no protection.

The welds look nice.

Overall the skid has really jagged edges, and is chunked up and rough. The holes that were cut out for the bolts are not cut very well either. It appears as if the water jet or whatever these were cut with had a bad case of the shakes...

Here is the ingine skid:

This box was taped to the belly skid:

Inside was another smaller box, and a Novak cable shifter:

And inside the smaller box are the arms to hold the engine skid, and a hardware kit.
Unread 01-03-2014, 08:16 PM   #49
McChillen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm running the same setup minus the engine skid, I was kinda surprised too when they shipped just bare metal skid with a shipping label but those things are built tough
McChillen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #50
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

You get more jeeps than a toilet seat gets ***!
Unread 01-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #51
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goob View Post
You get more jeeps than a toilet seat gets ***!
I'm a gear head, I like building them almost as much as I like wheeling them!
Unread 01-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #52
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McChillen View Post
I'm running the same setup minus the engine skid, I was kinda surprised too when they shipped just bare metal skid with a shipping label but those things are built tough
I'm really disappointed in these. I don't remember the UCF UHC tummy tuck I purchased before being of this crappy fit and finish, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered from them again... I deffinately would never recommend this kind of shoddy craftsmanship to anyone who was thinking of buying the same thing. I'd say steer far away and buy something else.
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #53
McChillen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
I'm really disappointed in these. I don't remember the UCF UHC tummy tuck I purchased before being of this crappy fit and finish, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered from them again... I deffinately would never recommend this kind of shoddy craftsmanship to anyone who was thinking of buying the same thing. I'd say steer far away and buy something else.
I got the steel one, it looks like you got the aluminium one, shouldn't make for a difference in quality but I don't remember mine being shoddy in craftsmanship at all. Everything looked smooth and it lined up and fit perfectly.
McChillen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:46 PM   #54
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McChillen View Post
I got the steel one, it looks like you got the aluminium one, shouldn't make for a difference in quality but I don't remember mine being shoddy in craftsmanship at all. Everything looked smooth and it lined up and fit perfectly.
I might be mis remembering, but I don't remember the last skid I ordered from UCF being quite so rough around the edges. I guess I'll have to take a look at my old build thread and see if I'm just being overly critical.
Unread 01-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #55
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Most bad arse 1" body lift kit on the market!
http://www.mountainoffroad.com/_e/Je...h_out_A_C_.htm

I was in search of a 1" body lift. I only wanted 1" not 1.25" which most manufactures are offering now.
I came across the M.O.R.E. 1" body lift and I liked that it was much more complete than other body lifts. I liked that it came with steering column correction, and I liked that it came wth all new bushings for the body so I don't have to reuse the 13 year old factory bushings.
The whole kit arrived in a pretty small, but rather heavy box:

Lot's of parts and stuff!

This is the steering column correction bracket:

These are the new longer grill snubbers:

All new and longer grade 5 bolts and hardware:

All new body mounting bushings:

These are the 1" lift pucks:

Unread 01-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #56
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well, now that I have my tummy tuck, my body lift, my Novak shifter, and I have my Savvy adjustable control arms installed, the only thing holding me up is my lack of BrownDog motor mounts...

I REALLY like BrownDog motor mounts, but I forgot how much of a pain they are to order from or I would've went with something else....

So I emailed them today and asked them how much longer until I get my motor mounts?

This is their reply:

We will be resequencing later this morning, then I will let you know.

Tim Shideler
Jeep Meister
Brown Dog Offroad
tim@browndogoffroad.com
480-626-4644
866-401-3877

That's pretty cryptic... much like the reply I got 2 1/2 weeks ago when I first ordered them:

Dec 30, 2013

Hello *Necro*,

This email has been sent to inform you that your order, #7530, has been updated to a status of In Sequence for Production.

So... no real progress there... just a vauge promise to let me know when something is actually happening.

So, I was also wondering what was going on with the axle I ordered 4 weeks ago that I haven't heard anything about ever since... so I emailed ECGS and asked them what the deal was...

And conveniently:

To: Necromancer_tat@yahoo.com
Cc: Chase Perry
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:04 AM
Subject: RE: I ordered an axle (Inquiry #367988)

Your axle is currently next in line, it is welded and ready to be built,
they are usually completed at one per day. Your axle should ship by the end
of the week and it is one day ship time after that. You will receive email
notification upon completion of your axle.

Thanks

Curtis

So that's awesome if it all works out!

I still need front fenders to pass inspection, so I ordered these today: http://www.ebay.com/itm/190763441386...witem=&vxp=mtr

And I wanted the rear fenders to match the fronts, even though a friend of mine let me have his take off rubber factory style rear flares, I decided to go with matching rears instead:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190763441536...witem=&vxp=mtr

I think it's funny that Ebay has Chinese knock offs of other Chinese knocks offs! Hopefully they don't rust before I get my Jeep to pass inspection!!!

I've been needing to order tires, but I've been debating with myself for over a month. I know that I'm the guy that will break an anvil with a feather, so even though I've been building this rig to live with 37's, I decided to go with 35's at the last minute, because I'll prolly still break it even on 35's. So I found a decent deal on tires here believe it or not:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodyear-W...R17LT/11983383

I ordered 5 of them to go with the 5 Raceline beadlock rims that I ordered from Savvy a few weeks back.

That left me needing a tire carrier since my rig didn't have one when I purchased it.

I wanted something that kept the bumper nice and tight to the body, but was strong enough to carry a 37" tire, 2 Gerry cans, a high lift jack, and an over the tire cargo rack. This is what I ended up ordering:

http://www.atozfabrication.com/store...cat=281&page=1

Sooooo...........

Now my bank account is at rock bottom... but luckily I get paid 3 times this month instead of the usual 2 times, plus I sold my car trailer for a little bit of Jeep loot, and I should be getting a small income tax return next month as well, so hopefully I'll be completing this build in the next month or so as long as all the vendors come through on their ends.
Unread 01-14-2014, 10:41 PM   #57
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You go through Jeeps about as fast as underwear
Unread 01-15-2014, 04:21 AM   #58
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
You go through Jeeps about as fast as underwear
LOL! I might be picking up an LJ from a coworker soon, and I'm supposed to be trading my Corvette for a 3/4 ton TJ, stretched, long arms, 38's, beadlocks etc this Saturday. If I get the LJ I will be taking everything off of this Jeep build and putting it onto the LJ instead and then I'll sell this Jeep after I take it back to stock.
Unread 01-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #59
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Playing around in the parking lot at work:

Unread 01-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #60
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Rear doesnt look to be flexing at all. Keep the LJ if you get it.
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.