Project "VICTIMIZED" (Pic heavy build thread) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project "VICTIMIZED" (Pic heavy build thread)

Spiderwebshade @ JeepHut.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 12-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #16
contdevelop
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I wanna see where this goes.

contdevelop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #17
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Good lord man…. talk about a good Christmas! How about you KEEP THIS ONE a while. It sounds like this will the most building you've done yourself besides maybe the 97 to a rig so maybe you'll become attached to it! I'm surprised a stretch isn't included in the plan right off the bat though. Congrats on the insane purchases all at once though.
Unread 12-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #18
jeepsteads
2005 LJ Wrangler 

its official you have had more jeeps than me
Unread 12-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #19
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Good lord man…. talk about a good Christmas! How about you KEEP THIS ONE a while. It sounds like this will the most building you've done yourself besides maybe the 97 to a rig so maybe you'll become attached to it! I'm surprised a stretch isn't included in the plan right off the bat though. Congrats on the insane purchases all at once though.
Thanks! I'm not planning a stretch, but I'm not against it either. Right now my goal is to build a nice, clean, capable rig that doesn't stray to far from the stock design. I'd really like to be building an LJ right now, but I couldn't find one for a price I liked. If I do end up with an LJ later on down the road, I should be able to swap 95% of the parts from this build onto it and put the stock parts back on this one to sell.

This Jeep will be really similar to Project Wrong Way except without the ginormus boner bar, and with higher end components. I eventually plan to pull off the heavy steel armor and replace it with aluminum, but that will be after I actually get it built to the point I can actually use it.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Necromancer_tat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #20
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsteads View Post
its official you have had more jeeps than me
I've only got 2 at the moment... I'll trade you an 06 Jeep Commander Limited with heated leather seats and the 5.7 liter Hemi engine for your 05 LJ!

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 12-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #21
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by contdevelop View Post
I just hope I get it finished before I run out of money, lol!

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 12-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #22
jeepsteads
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
I've only got 2 at the moment... I'll trade you an 06 Jeep Commander Limited with heated leather seats and the 5.7 liter Hemi engine for your 05 LJ!
i used to have a grand Cherokee with about the same options that you have on that ... and i wouldn't' trade mine for the world
Unread 12-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #23
srfnfly227
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Why did you decide on a bolt on suspension? I would have thought 3 link/ 4 link especially when you're picking up a brand new axle.

If you want a hand installing things as they show up, I'm free a lot of the time. Would love to do some wrenching and I don't have the budget currently to pick anything up for mine.

My Build Thread
srfnfly227 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #24
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by contdevelop View Post
Watch CL in a few months.

OP, I really liked the red CJ.
Unread 12-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #25
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfnfly227 View Post
Why did you decide on a bolt on suspension? I would have thought 3 link/ 4 link especially when you're picking up a brand new axle.

If you want a hand installing things as they show up, I'm free a lot of the time. Would love to do some wrenching and I don't have the budget currently to pick anything up for mine.
I might take you up on that, thanks! Have you got a cordless impact? After riding around in your Jeep that time yours is the reason I went with Rancho 9000XL's this build instead of something more expensive.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 12-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #26
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Watch CL in a few months.

OP, I really liked the red CJ.
Everything I own is for sale at all times, except for my dog, lol!

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 12-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #27
srfnfly227
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I might take you up on that, thanks! Have you got a cordless impact?
One of my buddies has a battery powered impact. We used it while I was installing my lift and it definitely helped a lot. He actually lives about 2 miles from you and I'm sure he'd let me borrow it to help you out.

Quote:
After riding around in your Jeep that time yours is the reason I went with Rancho 9000XL's this build instead of something more expensive.
If I'd know that, I would have sold you mine 4 link rear and outboarded shocks is in my future (probably not till fall at the earliest though). I'll go with RR Fox when I get to it and will sell everything on the back end of the Jeep except for the springs.

My Build Thread
srfnfly227 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #28
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfnfly227 View Post
One of my buddies has a battery powered impact. We used it while I was installing my lift and it definitely helped a lot. He actually lives about 2 miles from you and I'm sure he'd let me borrow it to help you out.

If I'd know that, I would have sold you mine 4 link rear and outboarded shocks is in my future (probably not till fall at the earliest though). I'll go with RR Fox when I get to it and will sell everything on the back end of the Jeep except for the springs.
Cool deal! My lift kit, shocks, and lighted license plate bolts are supposed to be delivered today. According to UPS tracking they're out on the truck for delivery since 5 am this morning. When do you want to help? I'm on vacation from now until and including Sunday, then I'm on vacation again starting next Wednesday, until and including next Sunday as well.

Your shocks wouldn't have worked for me. I ordered the 4" lift not the 3". I know some guys that can help you fabricate your rear 4 link when you're ready to pull the trigger.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 12-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #29
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

New parts!!!

Christmas eve tradition:
Allowed to unwrap a few presents and see what they are, but not unbox them or play with them until Christmas day.
I got a couple five boxes delivered today:

I got two of these!

I don't remember ordering this:

1 of the larger boxes had all of this in it:

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 12-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #30
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know why Image shack is so retarded, but I took this picture with the numbers reading left to right and Image Shack took it upon itself to flip my picture on it's side.

The second larger box had all of this:

2006 LJ SOLD!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.