Project Tadpole build thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project Tadpole build thread

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 08-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #31
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

UPDATE:
Rear end is out! yes that means it is sitting on 4 jack stands on unlevel dirt. Now, anyone that has worked with me or meant me will tell you, im FAR from mr safety but this is even scaring me. like a big gust of wind could take this puppy down! JCR tells me the front will be done tues though. Tomarrow im ordering some rock krawler long arms (jrc didnt come up with a price i liked) So the rear end is in the back of my truck. Im going to take it to get regeared tomarrow. Then im going to discount tire to order some wheels and on break im going to call up a couple places and see how quick they can get some new leaf springs and those long arms here. I have a feeling im going to pay out the *** for shipping but i have to get it done.

Arcticcat843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #32
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

WELL BIG UPDATE!!!!

Rear end is geared
leafs are at a local shop to get rearched (be done mondayish)
Clayton long arms ordered (be here mon)
DC-1 wheels ordered (be here Friday) i ended up geting the plain polished ones
I bought some super paint that is supose to stop rust and be really strong. Kem kromic or something like that. Im going to paint the hole underside with it.
Still not front axle from JCR not there fault, waiting on spindles
So at this point everything is working out OK. If everything ets here when it is supose to then im good. if not then im screwed. i have to be driving this by next thursday lol

tonight im going to get the old shocks off. and wire brush the under side then give it a nice coat of that paint. Then tomarrow ill bedline over it. also going to wire brush the axles while i have them out and paint everything up nice....it is so much easier getting to the floors when there is no supension or axles in the way.

Oh and need to thank a couple people publicly so everyone knows how good of vendors they are

jeepin outfitters i have ordered a ton of crap from jason and he is always willing todo what ever he can to help you out.

fullsizexjgear, He saved my ***! he got clayton to send out a longarm kit next day. Also had by far the best price on them. there isnt to many companys that you can call up and say you need a longarm kit and you need it to ship tomarrow. Trust me, i called about every one i could think of. lol

and occonee offroad, Did his best to help me out. I didnt end up ordering anything from him but it was because rock krawler cant keep up with there bussiness. Nothing todo with occonee, i will order from them in the future!
Unread 08-14-2008, 12:11 AM   #33
TopThrillJoe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

srry i didnt come over last night, it was buds bday. Ill be over tonight tho
()_) ()_)=0=)_)
owner of a solid axle conversion kit
I spend most of my time here -->http://swmjeepers.com
TopThrillJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #34
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

yeah..sure you arent/didnt!

Unread 08-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #35
iaml3lue
1998 XJ Cherokee 

hey i wonder if you quilify for the new promotion cepek has you get $50 back for buying 4 of there rims
d30/8.25
automatic
iaml3lue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2008, 09:38 PM   #36
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

huh...i ordered them though 4 wheel parts...I dont know?
Unread 08-15-2008, 01:40 AM   #37
TopThrillJoe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticcat843 View Post
yeah..sure you arent/didnt!

yea yea yea i know. But i couldnt turn down combine demolition derby at the fair tonight.
()_) ()_)=0=)_)
owner of a solid axle conversion kit
I spend most of my time here -->http://swmjeepers.com
TopThrillJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #38
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

DONE!!!! I ended up getting it done in time for the trip. It was GREAT!!! i think im at about 6 inches of lift and it feels very stable. I did have a few problems but nothing bad. (lockers wont work, smashed fenders, ect)

Oh and i got a little stuck...

Unread 08-27-2008, 07:29 PM   #39
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Unread 08-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #40
iaml3lue
1998 XJ Cherokee 

looks good
d30/8.25
automatic
iaml3lue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2008, 08:09 PM   #41
Capricorn
2002 WJ 

Wow! That is one bad *** XJ. How did you manage to get stuck in that pit though?! I've never seen a Jeep covered in THAT much mud, looks fun though...and I bet you had a blast cleaning that cake up! lol

4.7L Powertech V8 l Iron Rock Offroad 3" Suspension Lift l Bilstein 5125 Shocks l Bilstein 5100 Steering Stabilizer l 17x8 Unique Steel Wheels l LT255/75R17 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM l Kevins Offroad Transfer Case Skid l Kevins Offroad Roof Rack Tire Carrier l Hella 500 Black Magic

http://ddoffroad.com
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #42
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Trust me, it wasnt that much fun. t was OK till the engine died that is when your heart sinks and you think its all over lol. I kinda got pulled into the pit, i was stuck in another hole on the back side of it and some guy tried to pull me though it and well, pics say the rest.
Unread 08-28-2008, 01:11 AM   #43
bigchevyman24
2000 WJ 

Sweet XJ!!! I'd have to say that's one of the best stucks I've seen. Did you hydrolock the engine? I saw your re-reinstalled cone filter was covered. Anyway, great jeep and pics! May be time for a snorkel lol

SOLD: 2000 WJ 2WD CONVERTED TO 4X4, 97 TJ ON 35'S, 95 XJ ON 33'S
bigchevyman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #44
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

nope....still runs like a top! i drove it everywhere today and i think it rides ALOT better than it did, 5.5 in on short arms before. a couple teeks more after i clean it 2-3 more times and ill be able to DD it again and stop racking up miles on the new truck. Ive only had it 5 months and have 10k miles on it!!!

oh and i intalled a sticker, yes, installed because stuck sounds stupid....anyways, it says tadpole offroad. Ill get a pic tomarrow.
Unread 08-30-2008, 12:42 AM   #45
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Nice IDK how I missed your thread. Crazy stuckage too man.

Glad you cleaned everything good.

Loving the set-up.

Came along way from no job borrowing money to ARBs and 44/8.8 and LAs
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.