Project Stout - A Rokmen LCG Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project Stout - A Rokmen LCG Build

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
ROKMEN

Project Stout - A Rokmen LCG Build

Built with strength and reliability as the primarily goals Project Stout was inspired by our shop Jeep Niblet. A low center of gravity stance with the highest quality components results in one stout Jeep ready to take on any terrain.

Residing in the Rocky Mountains Stout needs to be able to navigate twisty mountain passes in the dark of night while still being able to conquer the rock trails Colorado is famous for.

ROKMEN tuned suspension featuring Old Man Emu, JKS, Currie, and custom ROKMEN built components supports the Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 rear and 44 front axles. ARB air lockers and RCV front axle shafts make sure Stout can get throgh anything in its path. The AEV Big Brake Kit provides increased stopping power in case a deer decides in prefers asphalt to the rocky mountain hillside.

ROKMEN armor wraps Stout from front to back with Mercenary GT front bumper, rocker protection, corner armor, high clearance underbody skidplates, and a custom rear body mounted tire carrier.

Rigid Industries LED lighting, Walker Evans Beadlock Wheels, ROKMEN aluminum Drop Down Storage Tailgate, and Goodyear Wrangler MTR's...the list goes on and on.

Some pictures:

For more pictures you can check out the Flick'r folder below:
Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

We should have finished pictures added to teh folder late next week, as we are going through all the loose ends now.

www.ROKMEN.com - When only the best will do!
ROKMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looking good.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Bada$s rig!! What the lift height and size of those MTR's? Same as Niblet, 2.5" on 37's? Sits perfect and pretty much what I am looking to have my rig looking like once I get the hilines I'm picking up this weekend, so a bit curious!

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
cwildmann
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Love the build!

How much did you stretch the rear? Are you using a Genright or Purejeep stretch tank?

Also love the tire carrier - does that bolt to the tub or weld to the corner armor?
cwildmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Man that looks sweet.
Hendrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Subscribed! This one is like Niblet only better! I am sure many people would be interested to see more pics and more info on that rear tire carrier as well.
Unread 09-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
Jtrux
2006 LJ Wrangler 

More specs please...gears, lockers, axle width...

Looks good.
Unread 09-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #8
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrux View Post
More specs please...gears, lockers, axle width...

Looks good.
There are a ton of pics on facebook of the completed project.

I also want to know more on the front axle. From what I have read seems like a $5k+ hybrid of a JK 44 but still has TJ outers, knuckles, etc. I realize it has a new cast pumpkin and new tubes but still based on a JK. Does anyone know if that is right? Or does it use the JK knuckles and 32-spline outers and JK u-joints and such? It would be interesting to see exactly the combo of parts on that front axle and the total price and compare to a Rock Jock 60 or something "big".
Unread 09-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #9
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hate to bring this back from the dead but...Rokmen do you still build the body mounted tire carrier?

I have the ExoGate and Savvy Rear Aluminum bumper. I'm thinking about getting rid of some over hang and adding a Trail Gate.

Ideally I would like to do your rear bumper, trail gate and that tire carrier.
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #10
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ View Post
Hate to bring this back from the dead but...Rokmen do you still build the body mounted tire carrier?

I have the ExoGate and Savvy Rear Aluminum bumper. I'm thinking about getting rid of some over hang and adding a Trail Gate.

Ideally I would like to do your rear bumper, trail gate and that tire carrier.
Tire carrier was one off custom for the build.
Unread 08-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #11
Platypus
Built In The Rain

2001 TJ Wrangler 

this is exactly what i want my jeep to look like!
/l ¨¨◘[____]◘ ¨¨
l---L—OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-Θ-)_)
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.