Project Scramburglar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project Scramburglar

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
jokeboko

Project Scramburglar

Figure I better start a thread because I'm going to have lots a questions with this new project.

About the project:

I've had an 84 CJ7 for about 15 years now. It's pretty stock and has been kind of a daily driver. We had replaced some body panels and we put a rebuild 258 in it after the original died. We also replaced the transmission with a T4. Rust got the better of it though and the body and frame are pretty rough.

Sooo... I bought another jeep. 82 Scrambler. The body is in better condition but will need some work in the bed. The frame is shot but I bought a solid frame with the rig.

The plan is to clean up the frame and do a frame swap. Take the best of both jeeps and make a solid daily driver. Don't have tons of cash so this is supposed to be a reuse what I can kind of project. I am planning on taking lots of pics and am sure I'll have tons of questions. Feel free to follow along.

two-jeeps-.jpg   two-jeeps-front-.jpg  
jokeboko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #2
ItsTealNotBlue
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Looking forward to seeing updates, i love scramblers!
ItsTealNotBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #3
jokeboko

First questions.

I've been reading about the different frame paints and prep tips but now that I'm ready to start I'm not sure which route to take.

I powerwashed the frame today and am planning on knocking off the lose rust/paint with a wire wheel. I've been looking at POR 15 and Chassis saver and probably leaning towards chassis saver at the moment due to simplicity of prep.

The wire wheel can get the frame pretty smooth. Is this going to be a problem for things sticking? Should I leave it pretty rough and just knock off the loose stuff or should I try to get down to bare metal?

Also, was thinking about the eastwood internal frame coating for the inside. Worth the money?

I've seen some stuff about people drilling drain holes in these CJ frames. Probably should do that now if it's a good idea but not quite sure the ideal size/location...

I'm sure most of this stuff is in the threads and I'll look but any tips would be greatly appreciated before I make the mistakes.
frame.jpg   frame-jeeps2.jpg  
jokeboko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #4
ZSXJ430

Keep your pictures and facts coming. This should be a good build. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.