Project (s)Low - '94 LCOG Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project (s)Low - '94 LCOG Build

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 04-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #16
rinking
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Where did you find the front square led lights? Very cool!

rinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #17
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Superbrightleds.com is where I got all of my LEDs. Prices are pretty decent, and the selection is large. I might add 2 side marker lights, one on the rear corner in red to bring my YJ back to all lighting legal standards, and a front side marker light in amber near the Jeep logo.

I got the front turn signals installed today, but ran into a rather large snag. I already have the EL-12 flasher for my turn signals, but the front LED's run super high resistance, so the jeep thinks the bulbs are out. I do not have turn signals or hazards, and the LED's are always on when the lights are on. It does make it easy to get a brightness picture though. haha.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #18
wrathobigv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Nice find man, it looks like its in pretty good shape for living around here!

If u do decide to go with the 6.5" console let me know, I'll take the 8" off u'r hands if the $ is right. I live in Hudson, MA. So I'm right down 290.
wrathobigv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #19
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Cool build. I really like the LED's. I want to put some kind of LED's on the back of mine so I can see at night and maybe let someone know if their highbeams are on, ha.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #20
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

More LED's installed. Two 6 LED pods under the dash, one on each side, centered in the footwell. Two 24" LED tubes, one under each door sill. They're not as bright as the camera makes them seem, they are the perfect brightness. I wired each side into the stock courtesy light harness, and will add another door switch to the passenger side and plug in the stock connector over there as well. The LED's are also controlled by the rolling dash switch, which is another good thing. Also in these pics is my new seat covers.

All LED's on, with the roll bar light on as well.

Rollbar light off, 4 LED's on.

No, the speaker wire isn't going to the light pod, although it appears that way in the picture. The pod is the black thing on the bottom edge of the dash.

And a shot of the LED tube.

White '94 YJ Sport

Unread 04-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #21
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I see that you have an NP242 behind your AX15.

How do you like it? I have an np242 in my garage next to the 231 I'm planning to mate to my AX15 when I swap it in. What have your experiences been? I have a locker in the front of my YJ, would that make Full Time 4wd pretty much useless? (There will always be more resistance in the front)

I like the build!

Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan16 View Post
The 4banger only whines because it wants more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #22
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I just installed the 242 a week or two ago, and do not currently have a rear drive shaft. The 242 output shaft is quite long, as its from a '99 XJ, and no way my stock driveshaft will fit. I am running FWD in part time 4x4 for now, until I can get an SYE / tom-woods drive shaft installed. The 242 is a '99, so it has the later style sealed rear output shaft, so I can run without the driveshaft and not lose the ATF.

I did remove all vacuum lines to the transfer case and front axle. I plugged the line on the firewall that goes to the 4x4 system until I can completely remove it with the proper fittings at the manifold. My front axle disconnect is very ghetto rigged to being always locked with a stack of washers. This is because I was sick of fixing the disconnect vacuum over and over. I also wired in the '99 4x4 light switch from the transfer case to the stock harness in the engine bay, so my 4x4 light works as well.

Another reason for the 242 swap is because I was running a 231C which had the wrong speedometer setup. I swapped over my old speedometer stuff from the AX-5 NP-231 I had laying around to the 242 and everything bolted up just fine. I now have a working speedometer again !

There is only one thing I have an issue with so far with the 242 swap, and that's the fact that I can't physically shift into 4LO. The shifter throw properly engages 2wd, 4-part time, 4-full time, and neutral, but is all the way back in the shift gate by the time I shift into neutral. I'm thinking a custom shifter is needed to remedy this. I am not sure. Unrelated to the issue I removed the Z-gate part of the shifter so I don't have to mess with that anymore. Just a straight throw front to back.

Hope this helps.

White '94 YJ Sport

Unread 04-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #23
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Hope this helps.
Interesting to say the least!

I'll stick with my 231 swap for now though, my 242 is a 94' model that has the same rear output shaft as our YJs so I'd have to buy an SYE for the 242. Other than that, my only issue with it is the fact that I have a locker up front and not the back, so I think that would make the FT4WD useless, but I don't really know.

Jake

Quote:
Quote:
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
Unread 05-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #24
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Got a few things done to the Jeep recently, and got even more in the mail.

The exhaust manifold is either poorly constructed or has some other issue, but the Borla header and crossover pipe hit the bellhousing in 2 places. I bought some performance fiberglass exhaust wrap, and wrapped up the crossover pipe. No more rattles or noises, she's quiet as can be.

Another rattle I tracked down was the passenger side seat release lever rattled, so I took some duct tape and wrapped it around the "pins" that secure the seat in the down position. Another rattle gone.

Also ordered up a few things... Most notably is the CJ-7 tailgate and hardware. Going to take on the tailgate conversion this week hopefully. This will get rid of the rusty, rattling POS tailgate as seen in the pictures. Also in the mail is a Daystar 1" body lift. The stock mounts are long over due for a changing and I figured why not gain a tiny bit of clearance as well. 2.5" springs and a 1" BL will be the highest I go on this Jeep. Next up will be tube fenders and 35's, if not 37's.

White '94 YJ Sport

Unread 05-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #25
8nine-sahara
1989 YJ Wrangler 

those LEDs look sharp.
I might have to try it out also.
Unread 05-03-2010, 01:10 AM   #26
Squamer
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Question....we're you able to overcome the front turn signal/resistance issues?
Squamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 02:14 AM   #27
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squamer View Post
Question....we're you able to overcome the front turn signal/resistance issues?
Yes, I did. Although once again I was troubleshooting around a broken part, so I'm not 100% certain. I ended up putting a 25w resistor at each corner (One on each turn signal) and after that I replaced the turn signal flasher with a Blazer unit from Autozone. Now the hazards work and the turn signals work all the time as well.

White '94 YJ Sport

Unread 05-04-2010, 11:19 PM   #28
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yesterday and today were like christmas for the Jeep.

Quadratec order came in with a few misc. soft top parts as well as the TJ gas bezel and hardware for the CJ tailgate conversion. I went with the OEM hinges because I read on here that they are beefy ... and indeed they are. Today the Daystar 1" body lift came in, and the CJ tailgate as well. I'm going to leave it black and so begins my Black & White Jeep color conversion.

White '94 YJ Sport

Unread 05-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #29
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Mmmmmmmm. CJ tailgate

I'm still not sure whether to convert my YJ gate into a drop down or go the CJ route yet. I like the ability to lock it but man, those CJ gates are classy

Jake

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 05-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #30
JeepGeek4x4

I saw that you had a write-up on the LEDs for the dash. Do you have something similar for the front blinkers? I think they look great. I have the stock flasher, so I guess I probably will need something else to use those.

Also, did you replace the side blinkers up front on the fenders? I thought it would be good to replace them at the same time. I couldn't find anything that would fit from the SuperBrightLEDs.

Thanks,
John
JeepGeek4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.