Project Redrock Rampage - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project Redrock Rampage

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #46
DrGrebo
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i wish everyone posted as many pictures as you, nice jeep!

DrGrebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:37 AM   #47
rob303
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff333 View Post
Thanks man! You can't beat black! Except here in the desert when it gets 110 degrees lol
Tell me about it! I've been rollin' in mine w/o AC for 12 years now!
rob303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #48
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Tell me about it! I've been rollin' in mine w/o AC for 12 years now!
Haha that's funny, I haven't had AC for a few years either... it sucks!!! I know exactally how you feel.
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #49
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Alright guys I will admit I am guilty if disappearing and neglecting this thread as well as this whole forum in general. My life got very hectic last spring and this past summer. It's been a long road of extreme highs and lows but things are getting back to normal and now its time to get this thread going again. Before I post all the pics from installing the Rough Country 6.5" Long Arm Lift Here are a few more shots from wheeling trips we took in the months prior.

6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Unread 01-11-2011, 11:32 PM   #50
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I like your XJ and I love Moab...Subscribed!
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 09:44 AM   #51
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

Awesome jeep and thread...Cant wait to see the lifted pictures!
03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #52
cherokeej
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'm not sure if you posted already, but I was wondering what seat covers those are, and where you got them from?

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/blue-genie-1110176/
cherokeej is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #53
Liftedred95yj

Nice jeep.
Liftedred95yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #54
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks Guys! Alright on to the lift install pictures. I am hoping to do a full review on this lift which is a Rough Country 6.5" Long Arm Lift in a separate thread that will come later but here are the pictures from the install. It took me about 4 days to totally install this life but that was interspersed with hanging out and drinking beer so I am not sure of the actual time. I guess some people have had trouble with parts of this lift but it treated me pretty good. The only issue I had during install was I had to elongate the holes in the cross member that the tranny mounts to because I didn't like the fact that the drive line was not straight in the factory holes. First step was to give the jeep a good washing and remove all the caked on dirt and other stuff from the undercarriage.

Now that she was nice and clean I headed up to my buddy Marks house where we where going to do the install. Here are some pics of the jeep up on the lift ready to be torn apart and my buddy's awesome shop! He has the place all set up with a lift, welding area, tool room, parts room and many other awesome things. I can only hope I can manage to own a shop with half the stuff he has someday

The Tool Room

More pics of the shop and Jeep!

Here are a few pics of the wood stove Mark built for his shop complete with oil feed, a blower that blows air in from the outside via a vacuum cleaner motor, a swiveling heat exchange with double blower fans to blow air from the heat exchange out into the shop and a couple cool little touches added on. The main stove barrel is made out of 1/2 steel and glows red when the stove is burning hot. Mark's shop has basically no insulation in it what so ever with steel walls and roof. A few weeks ago it was just above zero outside and we kept the shop at a balmy 60 degrees inside Yeah I would say the stove works well. The coolest part is he designed and built the whole thing him self!

Anyway back to the jeep build lol Here is a pic of all the parts ready to be installed.

And so the project begins! First to come off are the front shocks.

Then the good old trusty JKS Discos

Next I used a spring compressor and removed the old OME coil springs...
Unread 01-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #55
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Followed by the upper and lower control arms

The front end looking pretty empty

After that it was time to jack up the tranny and pull the old cross member.

The first new part to be reinstalled on the jeep was the cross member.

After a few trial runs and some tweaking the cross member was installed and it was time to bust out the torch and cut off the old lower control arm brackets. This was kind of tricky since they are welded to the frame pretty well. We ended up cutting off most of them but leaving the bottom plate.

Mark cutting away...

After those were removed it was time to install the new long arms!

Next I did some work on the steering

Then everything pretty much went on in the order it came off including the coils, shocks, new discos and extended brake lines.

Unread 01-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #56
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Here are a couple pics of the front end basically done. Stayed tuned for the back!

Unread 01-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #57
ChicoXJ
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Wow, I have a nice shop, but I am really jealous. Lots of tools I want, like that hoist. That makes the underneath work go so much faster.
ChicoXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #58
jefro_97tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i think your swaybar links might mount on the inside of the swaybar? looks like it would straiten them up
Unread 01-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #59
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah you are right... I realized that and changed them the day after that pic was taken.
Unread 01-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #60
jefro_97tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

cool its lookin good.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.