Project Redrock Rampage - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project Redrock Rampage

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #31
Mark4883
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Your Jeep already kicks ***, I can't wait to see it lifted with tires.

Mark4883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #32
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I'm trying to get a 44/60 combo from a 78/79 F250... I've found two sets for 400-450, I'm just trying to talk to the sellers right now... Then I'll get trusses from TnT and go from there.

It'll probably be a while before I get the lift; I'm shooting for sometime this summer. I'm building up my TJ concurrently with the newly acquired (actually not yet acquired; technically it still belongs to my sister-in-law for another few weeks) XJ... I have to buy 35's for the TJ so I can move the 33's to the XJ, and then the lift/SYE will come... So much to do!
Nice! That seems like a really good deal! That will be the next big step for my Cherokee quite a ways down the road... new axles/gears. Someday I may switch to bigger tires like you... when its not my daily driver lol That's awesome you are building both rigs at the same time. I wish I had the funds for another rig. Good luck on both

Quote:
Your Jeep already kicks ***, I can't wait to see it lifted with tires.
Thanks for the great comment! Yeah I cant wait either
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 01:25 AM   #33
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well the lift came in today "3 day shipping just like they said" All I can say so far is wow the arms are very beefy. Everything else seems to be well made as well. I spent the afternoon going through all the parts right down to the nuts and bolts to make sure it was all there "which it was". Here are a few pics of some of the stuff.

I just ordered this SYE last night.
Crown Jeep Wrangler Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit TJ YJ XJ
Now its just a matter of waiting for that to come in and going from there.
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Unread 01-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #34
XJAl
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Can't wait to see this lift installed.
1993 XJ Sport
XJAl is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #35
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

A few more pics... check out how beefy the lower control arm ends are!

Unread 01-28-2010, 08:12 PM   #36
Martinsc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Those things look massive.
Martinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #37
Mark4883
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Holy **** those are huge!
Mark4883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 10:36 PM   #38
jakeWI
1996 XJ Cherokee 

cant wait to see it installed

Jeep Buildhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...hwoods-958674/
jakeWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #39
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
cant wait to see it installed
Me either!

Quote:
Holy **** those are huge!
Those things look massive.
Yeah I was very surprised how big they are. They thread into the lower arms so that gives you an idea of the size of those as well.
Unread 01-30-2010, 07:03 AM   #40
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great! Make sure you take plenty of pics during the install

You getting a Tom Woods shaft after you install that SYE?

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #41
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I am not sure on what shaft I am going to go with yet. I may try to get a stock shaft out of another jeep if I can find one the right length to save some cash. If not them I will look at aftermarket and possibly Tom Woods. Also don't worry I will take plenty of pics. I plan on doing a full install report and review. Also I am down to my last big decision on the Cherokee for a while. Since I am sitting on stock axles at the moment "going to upgrade in the future I just don't have the cash right now" I think I am going to stick with 33s. I want opinions on what brand of tires you guys would recommend, I was thinking maybe BFGs but I am not sure. I am going to be on mostly Moab type terrain, slick rock, rock and occasional snow. Hardly any mud since there isn't any around here. Also what would you guys recommend for wheels? What size wheel / how much backspacing? I figured it would be good to go with less backspacing and move the tires out a ways to get a more stable wider stance. I was looking at Cragar soft 8s which seem to be VERY popular. I would rather not spend a fortune on wheels. Here is the other factor on the wheels... I can get these Procomp Extremes for basically free.
Pro Comp Tires & Wheels 1089-6885 - Pro Comp Series 1089 Polished Finish Alloy Wheel for Jeep® Vehicles with 5x5.5 Bolt Pattern - Quadratec
There is a guy here in Moab who has a set that are almost brand new. He just wants to get them out of his garage and make room, they came off his daughter's jeep and he says I can just take them. I would have to give him a little money because that's just not right but they will be basically free. The only thing is they are 17" wheels with 4.5" backspacing. From what I have read I think I would want to go with a little less backspacing... correct? I guess I could always get spacers. Also I know when you get up into 17" wheels tires for them can get very expensive. My question is should I take him up on this awesome deal for these wheels or am I going to end up paying a fortune for tires with a wheel that size. What do you guys think? Also If I don't go with those and buy another set of wheels what size / backspacing would everyone recommend? Thanks!
Unread 02-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #42
swells
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I live in st george we have real similar trails here
Unread 02-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #43
BeepTheJeep

Was checkin out your jeep and it sure looks great. I dont really think that you have to add mos to it. Its really nice.
BeepTheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #44
rob303
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wow man! That f'er is mean! Diggin' the black-on-black.
rob303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 07:11 PM   #45
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks man! You can't beat black! Except here in the desert when it gets 110 degrees lol

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.