Project Redrock Rampage - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project Redrock Rampage

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #16
93_xj

nice jeep. I used to live in CT also, but unfortunately i didnt move to MOAB. Moved to Virginia.

Anyway, some people might give you **** for the neapaug pics, its illegal to wheel there.

93_xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 11:07 PM   #17
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well I have a small update and big plans in the future. All the cold weather here in the Southwest lately signaled the end of my previous batteries life. So a couple weeks ago I went out and picked up a new Optima red top battery for the jeep. So far I am loving it! Even on the coldest mornings its starts right up before I can let off on the key. It was a bit on the pricey side but in my opinion well worth it especially with the load on the battery with the stereo system, winch, lights etc.

I haven't been able to work on installing the rear seat due to the fact that is has been freezing around here lately and I have no shop or even a shed for that matter to work in. I can't wait until we finish my buddy's shop so I can work there. Anyway on to the good stuff... after a lot of research and time looking through lift brands I have finally come to a decision. This was ordered this morning and should be here by Friday.

Rough Country 6.5" Long Arm Kit

So now that I have my lift on order I need to figure out what SYE / drive shaft combo I am going to get and probably order that within the next few days. After that it will be new rims and a set of 33s for tires. Hopefully I can get everything done in the next 3 weeks or so so I can get all the bugs worked out by the time Easter Jeep Safari rolls around in late March. Since there are not many reviews out on the RC 6.5" LA kit due to it being so new I will be doing a detailed install write up and review. Stay tuned!
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds

Last edited by Cliff333; 01-19-2010 at 11:29 PM..
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 11:23 PM   #18
Martinsc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice man. Cant wait to see the new lift on. What tires are you gonna go with?
Martinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #19
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Nice man. Cant wait to see the new lift on. What tires are you gonna go with?
I am not sure yet... I was thinking maybe BF Goodrich. Any recommendations?
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Unread 01-20-2010, 07:22 AM   #20
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Goodyear MT/R Kevlars

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 07:29 AM   #21
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

^^ X2.

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25 BL, JKS 1 BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 07:48 AM   #22
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^^ x3

Looks really good man
Unread 01-20-2010, 07:54 AM   #23
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I can't wait to see that lift review... I'm trying to decide between that and the RC 4.5" LA for my XJ... Your review will definitely let me know if I'm heading in the right direction!

RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25 BL, JKS 1 BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
Unread 01-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #24
BeepTheJeep

nice..

your jeep is nice so dont worry, simple as it is, it definitely can suit all your needs right? exactly what a jeep should be.
BeepTheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #25
XJAl
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Nice pics man. I live in Durango, CO so I try to make it down to Moab as often as possible. I like the fact that you've taken on some pretty tough trails with a 2" lift, 31's and open diffs. That's pretty much the same setup I have but have never really driven my XJ on anything as hard as Hell's Revenge or Poison Spider Mesa. How difficult was it driving those trails with that setup? Were you able to make it over most of the obstacles without much difficulty or was it pretty challenging? Might have to try one of the harder trails the next time I am there. Anyway, good build man. Maybe I'll see you at this year's Easter Jeep Safari.
1993 XJ Sport
XJAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #26
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Goodyear MT/R Kevlars
^^ X2.
^^ x3
Looks really good man
Thanks for the suggestion guys... I will have to look into those. I just started looking into tires.
Quote:
I can't wait to see that lift review... I'm trying to decide between that and the RC 4.5" LA for my XJ... Your review will definitely let me know if I'm heading in the right direction!
So you are trying to decide on the 4.5" VS the 6.5"? That was probably one of the hardest decisions I made. Here is a thread I started that might help you out.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/l...-6-5-a-948100/

Along with a few others about the Rough Country long arm kits in general if you haven't seen them already.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/r...m-kits-884625/

4.5" Long Arm Review
Rough Country 4.5" LA write-up - Jeep Cherokee Forum
Good luck man. I know it's a long process to do all the research and pick the right lift. I was a little nervous going with this kit since it so new with not many reviews yet but I figured why not lets give it a try.

Quote:
your jeep is nice so dont worry, simple as it is, it definitely can suit all your needs right? exactly what a jeep should be.
I am not quite sure what you are asking there but thanks for the compliment!

Quote:
Nice pics man. I live in Durango, CO so I try to make it down to Moab as often as possible. I like the fact that you've taken on some pretty tough trails with a 2" lift, 31's and open diffs. That's pretty much the same setup I have but have never really driven my XJ on anything as hard as Hell's Revenge or Poison Spider Mesa. How difficult was it driving those trails with that setup? Were you able to make it over most of the obstacles without much difficulty or was it pretty challenging? Might have to try one of the harder trails the next time I am there. Anyway, good build man. Maybe I'll see you at this year's Easter Jeep Safari.
Hey nice to hear from a fellow jeeper in the area! Yeah when you are heading down this way let me know and we can meet up and do some wheelin sometime! I really enjoy attempting harder trails with a small lift and open diffs. In fact that's one of the few reasons I wish I wasn't putting a lift on. I like the challenge and so far haven't had to much trouble at all. It kind of depends on the trail as far as difficulty. Hell's Revenge I didn't have any trouble on except I took a few tries on tip over challenge only because I was nervous about rolling and was taking it very easy. Then again I did bypass Hells Gate and the Escalator. Poison Spider wasn't too bad either. It's a little more difficult than hells but not much. I recently did a few trails like Steel Bender and Cliff Hanger which have larger more abrupt ledges. You can always make it through but I did have to do quite a bit of rocking on certain obstacles on those. Due to bottoming out and the fact that I don't have many skid plates. When you have a small lift and open diffs it all about line choice and having a spotter helps a lot. In fact I wouldn't try trails like Steel Bender or Cliff hanger without a spotter unless you have a good set of skid plates. Hells Revenge and Poison Spider you might be able to get away with. I have done both without a spotter but I had done them already before. If you come down let me know and we can go together and tackle a few of the tougher ones. It will be a blast. Also if you are going to be at EJS check out the thread we have going and come run some trails with us!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/...il-4-a-947706/
Unread 01-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #27
XJAl
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, I think the fear of rolling the XJ has been the main thing that has kept me away from some of the harder trails, as well as my lack of skid plates. I'm trying to get a couple skids and a rear receiver hitch before EJS this year. I've been there for the last two EJS's, but have only driven some of the more moderate trails. Contemplated doing Fins and Things last year but my lack of skids kept me away from it. I'll definetily let you know when I'm coming to Moab. Will be nice to have a fellow Jeeper to wheel with, as the people I usually go with have Ford Rangers and Nissan Frontiers instead of Jeeps. Good luck installing that lift. I'd like to lift mine a bit more someday but I can never seem to find the funds.
1993 XJ Sport
XJAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #28
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Cliff, thanks a lot. Those links were pretty informative! I've decided to go with the 6.5" LA; my plan is to run 36" iroks once I swap axles, so that'll work a lot better. I don't mind hacking the tub to bits, but I don't think any amount of clearancing will make those tires work as well with the 4.5".

Unread 01-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #29
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yeah, I think the fear of rolling the XJ has been the main thing that has kept me away from some of the harder trails, as well as my lack of skid plates. I'm trying to get a couple skids and a rear receiver hitch before EJS this year. I've been there for the last two EJS's, but have only driven some of the more moderate trails. Contemplated doing Fins and Things last year but my lack of skids kept me away from it. I'll definetily let you know when I'm coming to Moab. Will be nice to have a fellow Jeeper to wheel with, as the people I usually go with have Ford Rangers and Nissan Frontiers instead of Jeeps. Good luck installing that lift. I'd like to lift mine a bit more someday but I can never seem to find the funds.
Speaking of that I need to get a rear hitch D ring adapter. There are not a ton of places on the trails I have done that I have been worried about rolling but there were a few. As far as Fins goes I say go for it! That one is not to bad and you don't really need a spotter. Plus there are bypasses around all the hardest obstacles. I hear you when it comes to lack of funds...I am going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel by the time I get mine done. I am looking forward to wheelin with you sometime in the future

Quote:
Cliff, thanks a lot. Those links were pretty informative! I've decided to go with the 6.5" LA; my plan is to run 36" iroks once I swap axles, so that'll work a lot better. I don't mind hacking the tub to bits, but I don't think any amount of clearancing will make those tires work as well with the 4.5".
No problem, glad I could help! That is going to be sweet sitting on 36s! What are you planning as far as axles? That's cool we are going with the same lift! Any idea when you are planning or ordering the lift / starting your build? Also I agree that the 6.5" will work better than the 4.5" with 36s.
Unread 01-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #30
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm trying to get a 44/60 combo from a 78/79 F250... I've found two sets for 400-450, I'm just trying to talk to the sellers right now... Then I'll get trusses from TnT and go from there.

It'll probably be a while before I get the lift; I'm shooting for sometime this summer. I'm building up my TJ concurrently with the newly acquired (actually not yet acquired; technically it still belongs to my sister-in-law for another few weeks) XJ... I have to buy 35's for the TJ so I can move the 33's to the XJ, and then the lift/SYE will come... So much to do!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.