Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 98 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 10-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #1456
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You should talk to Blaine about co's in the rear. He's got it all worked out, but fair warning, like anything, it's a lot of work to do it right. Essentially back halfing the frame, running it more narrow. If you don't you'll bind the co's against the frame on droop. You don't HAVE to backhalf it, but if you dont you'll be notching the frame. If you do decide to backhalf it, I think it's ATX Motorsports I saw on pirate with a pretty trick/cheap kit that will do the job. I just didn't want to do all this work now for everything, and then cut it all out for co's. As for the AR, you'll probably need to do the 45" universal kit, and then mount it backwards.

And yes, bringing wildman bill with you is a must. How is the carnage king these days?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #1457
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
And yes, bringing wildman bill with you is a must. How is the carnage king these days?
Lol, he actually put his hood into a tree when we were at The Flats. Same exact tree my brother-in-law hit in his XJ last year. I think we need to name it now .
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #1458
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
Interesting you say that about the axle width. My axles are narrower than yours, but I'm currently trying to figure out how to cram all of this back there. My reservoir shocks aren't just being bolted on, we are looking to see how we can set up a mount for the shock that could also be used for a coilover.

Not only that, but I'm going to have to figure out how to squeeze some airbumps in the rear too . And figure out where the rear anti-rock will mount. It's like trying to stuff 10 pounds of **** in a 5 pound bag. At the end of the day, someone is going to have **** on them.

Yes, we will make a trip work for sure. Bill is already talking about Crozet possibly in December. I was trying to push him to Harlan though, since he has never been.
You will not ne able to put CO u.der the rear with your axles Jay, unless you notch the fram, run 2inch spacers, and 2.5" backspacing. Or do a complete rear frame mod. Trust me on this. Your tires will rub the CO and it will also bind on the frame. As fare as the rear anti rock goes just let me know and I can senx you some pics of how I installed mine.

Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #1459
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would also consider puting a swaylock in the rear. I am going to take my anti rock out, put it under Tina's rear and put a swaylock under my rear.
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #1460
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Going to The Farm's fall crawl this weekend, anyone local headed that way?

I'm picking up a set of Spydertrax spacers and a pair of 2" Black Diamond springs for the Rally Cross event (on the 13th). It's funny, the TJ is setup around 3.5" and tight today for daily driving. I'll keep it at 3.5", but losen it up up for The Farm, then tighten it back up and drop it 1.5" for the Rally event. All with in 8 days of each other .

So in the next two weeks, the rig will be getting groceries, going to slow crawl one of the tougher private rock parks in North Carolina, then off to a local dirt track for some friendly drifting .

The Farm info for those who may want to come and play:

Unread 10-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #1461
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Any thoughts on something like this?

Quote:
The Profender RTC steering damper acts as a stabilizer and helps to return your steering wheel to the center.
The coil-over design helps keep the steering centered; no matter the road surface or terrain. When compressed, the spring pushes back to the neutral position. When extended, the spring pulls back to the neutral position.
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #1462
gtxracer

Waste of money.
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #1463
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ever had your tire spin your wheel back at you? Want to increase the power of that?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #1464
dukie564
1995 XJ Cherokee 

agreed not the best idea
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-danger-cart-xj-1297118/
dukie564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #1465
Dabbill
2005 TJ Wrangler 

it does look cool tho
Dabbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #1466
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

um, wouldn't hydro assist be a better idea? or is that illegal for your class?
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #1467
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

woulden't there be increased resistance at the steering wheel when trying to turn?
Unread 10-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #1468
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyjeep View Post
woulden't there be increased resistance at the steering wheel when trying to turn?
I would think so.

Agreed, it looks cool, but why add more strain to the steering system than 37's already provide
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #1469
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyjeep View Post
No, just an increase on the amount of work the steering box would have to do to do the same job as before.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #1470
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I've been pondering this since my last post, and I can't come up with a reason why you would want a faster "return to center" at the expense of losing turning force. Desert racing is the ONLY thing I can think of, but they run some variation of hydro don't they...
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.