Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 97 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 10-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #1441
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

So you DD this thing? I'm inspired. I dream of doing KOH, but living in Indiana doesn't provide much opportunity to get any race experience.

I'd love to start doing this with my LJ. Start with Class A, progress to class B. Build a dedicated rig for class C that can double as a KOH rig. Yeah, that's my new life plan.

JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #1442
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJOE1914 View Post
I actually like my LED's to blink fast lol!
haha. i'm learning to like it.
Unread 10-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #1443
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
So you DD this thing?
Every day!

So there is a Rallycross next month and I'm thinking about racing the jeep . It is Solo II racing, so I would be the only one on the track, but I thought it would be pretty fun and great practice for the technical speed sections in ECORS, TREC, etc. I used to race my Z06 in Solo II racing, so I'm prepping the rig similar to how I would prep for the races back in the day: low and tight.

So first up was getting base line measurements:

21" at the belly (jeep is empty + no spare):

74 1/2" to the highest point:

Tightened up the coilovers, then traded out the 3" RE rear springs for a pair stock springs I picked up with 197,000 miles on them :

This dropped the rig a little over 2" (now at ~19" belly height):

Then I moved the Anti-rock from loosest to tightest:

Low and tight:

It's a little too low in the rear, but it was fun driving around a few parking lots . I need to borrow a pair of 1" or 2" rear coil spacers, anyone have a set they could loan for like a month?

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #1444
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

This is going be to interesting.
Unread 10-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #1445
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
but I thought it would be pretty fun and great practice for the technical speed sections in ECORS, TREC, etc.
You are in a good location for all these racing series. I want to start going fast but with me being so far south the only series I can afford to attend is the ECORS. Hopefully they will figure out the B class rules soon so I can start building what I have planned. I'm one of those that falls into the overbuilt for B class and underbuilt for C

'13 10th Anniversary Unlimited Rubi
'05 LJ on 35s
1 Ton XJ on 40s...went up in flames :(
1 Ton Scrambler Build Thread:"Project Taildragger"
...now parting out
jkl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 02:09 AM   #1446
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey redlyner been following the thread for a while and it looks great man but i want to the jeep in race mode but the pictures dont seem to be working. I don't think it's my computer, not sure if the links are broken.
Unread 10-20-2011, 04:55 AM   #1447
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

His pics aren't showing up on Pirate either, or some of the other threads on here.
I blame his off-brand photo hosting site
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 07:23 AM   #1448
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I keep thinking village photos will correct itself....I've been meaning to switch to google, etc. Maybe now is the right time.

Hopefully the server will be back soon.

If it's any consolation, I signed the rig up for a rally cross next month!
Unread 10-20-2011, 07:30 AM   #1449
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've tried them all but the stiffest setting. Notice a difference?
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #1450
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
I've tried them all but the stiffest setting. Notice a difference?
I think it's night and day, the wife feels the same way. I'm excited about getting a rear anti-rock to counter the front. It only takes 5 minutes to swap out the settings, so it will be fun tweaking with the adjustments.

Also, the ability to adjust coilovers for on road, crawling, etc makes them well worth it. Anyone on the fence about them, I would highly recommend.
Unread 10-20-2011, 08:07 AM   #1451
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER

I think it's night and day, the wife feels the same way. I'm excited about getting a rear anti-rock to counter the front. It only takes 5 minutes to swap out the settings, so it will be fun tweaking with the adjustments.

Also, the ability to adjust coilovers for on road, crawling, etc makes them well worth it. Anyone on the fence about them, I would highly recommend.
Rear AR is about the best thing you can do to the back, add COs and your golden.

Sent from planet X.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #1452
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You guys are making me really want to pick up a rear AR now. I've never heard someone talk about it making such a difference. I've been running no rear swaybar ever since the original build. Lol

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #1453
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
You guys are making me really want to pick up a rear AR now. I've never heard someone talk about it making such a difference. I've been running no rear swaybar ever since the original build. Lol
Same here, no rear sway bar since the stretch. But being that EVERY single KOH rig I have ever seen runs one (or a form of one), I figure it could probably help me out as well.
Unread 10-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #1454
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
Same here, no rear sway bar since the stretch. But being that EVERY single KOH rig I have ever seen runs one (or a form of one), I figure it could probably help me out as well.
Pretty much. Lol but I'm still going to hold out on CO's. While my jeep is still full bodied, im going to stick with coils and shocks. Rear co's are too much of a pain to do right without moving the frame, even with my wider axles. And I just don't want to bother right now.

Next year, before I deploy again we are going to wheel together finally jay. No backing out by either of us.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #1455
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Pretty much. Lol but I'm still going to hold out on CO's. While my jeep is still full bodied, im going to stick with coils and shocks. Rear co's are too much of a pain to do right without moving the frame, even with my wider axles. And I just don't want to bother right now.

Next year, before I deploy again we are going to wheel together finally jay. No backing out by either of us.
Interesting you say that about the axle width. My axles are narrower than yours, but I'm currently trying to figure out how to cram all of this back there. My reservoir shocks aren't just being bolted on, we are looking to see how we can set up a mount for the shock that could also be used for a coilover.

Not only that, but I'm going to have to figure out how to squeeze some airbumps in the rear too . And figure out where the rear anti-rock will mount. It's like trying to stuff 10 pounds of **** in a 5 pound bag. At the end of the day, someone is going to have **** on them.

Yes, we will make a trip work for sure. Bill is already talking about Crozet possibly in December. I was trying to push him to Harlan though, since he has never been.

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.