Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 94 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 09-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #1396
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflyy View Post
Still incredibly impressed by your build my friend. Glad to see she still handles as well as ever.
Funny you say that- I made the comment several times at how everything was working in harmony on some of the climbs and obstacles. It was real easy to read the jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemorEsto View Post
You gonna give these a try? or Stick with the coilovers.
I picked up some reservoir shocks for the rear and airbumps for the front. I'll go with coilovers out back after the first of the year (I'm anticipating a rule change in ECORS). The package arrived yesterday, but I'm half way across the country, so hopefully I can get some pics up this evening or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUK9 View Post
Quick Q for ya Jay. I know that your rig is typically trailered to your wheeling places, but how much street duty does it see? The reason I'm wondering is the tires & how they're wearing. How many miles do you have on them & how's the tread wearing?

I'm torn between a few tires right now & the PB's are one I've considered, but am wondering what kind of mileage I might get for split duty wheeling/street.

REDLYNER is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #1397
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Josh-

I drive it everyday, but my commute is REAL short. Gym, grocery store, movies, airport, and mall are about the only street duty it has. Melody drives it as much as I do and it is just fine for her. I get it up to 65mph each way and it is as smooth as lifted Bentley on 37"s ;-).

My opinion though, go with the new MTR's with Kevlar. Some of my friends here run them and they are Soooo quiet compared to my Pitbulls. Plus the wear is a ton better. I think the Pitbulls are the best radial tire you can run offroad, but the new MTR is so close (plus the better road manners) that I would suggest it over the others.

How is your rig coming along??
Unread 09-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #1398
Dabbill
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I run 31" MTR w/kevlar they are so nice onroad and tons of grip offroad. Driving with the doors off i hear car tires passing by over the MTR's on my jeep.
Dabbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #1399
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I can't wait for the day I see this Jeep in person. You definitely have close to the set up I want
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #1400
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
Josh-

I drive it everyday, but my commute is REAL short. Gym, grocery store, movies, airport, and mall are about the only street duty it has. Melody drives it as much as I do and it is just fine for her. I get it up to 65mph each way and it is as smooth as lifted Bentley on 37"s ;-).

My opinion though, go with the new MTR's with Kevlar. Some of my friends here run them and they are Soooo quiet compared to my Pitbulls. Plus the wear is a ton better. I think the Pitbulls are the best radial tire you can run offroad, but the new MTR is so close (plus the better road manners) that I would suggest it over the others.

How is your rig coming along??
Funny you say that, because it's those two tires that I'm going back and forth on...it's just that the MTR-K's are on a forever back-order, so looking at other options if I can't get them in a relatively understandable amount of time.

As far as mine? I've got some parts sitting waiting to be put on, but trying to get funds to take the next big hit & get the suspension coming. Once I drop that coin, then the axles are getting trussed & painted, then everything will start going pretty quick.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #1401
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

The go fast goods have arrived! Profender USA reservoir shocks, airbumps, and cans were just dropped off and came with some pretty sweet swag too.

This stuff is beefy, I can't wait to get it on and start testing! The short term problem is that I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to it, as there is going to be a pretty extensive redo of the rear end. Also, the airbumps are 4"..... which is probably too much for me. Profender has a 3" version, but I'm thinking 2" would have been best. So I'm going to see if these can hold a spacer. Lots of work to get this thing setup correctly.

Couple of shots:

Unread 09-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #1402
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Those things look super ****ty. You need to send them my way so I can dispose of them properly
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #1403
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

What are you gonna do with the front coilovers you already have? And what brand and travel are they?
Unread 09-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #1404
mallard15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsGreen98Tj View Post
What are you gonna do with the front coilovers you already have? And what brand and travel are they?
Pretty sure he is going to keep them and use the resi shocks for the rear. And I think they are fox 12" travel shocks.

Yukon 4.10 R&P Gears Set (300$) PM me
mallard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 09:54 PM   #1405
reznory
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man, thanks again for helping me get that stock guy off the trail without flopping last weekend. Was nice to finally meet you. Kind of funny that I already knew your dad.

Anyone looking for tires, Redlyner is right on about the MTR/Ks. I've been running them since January and I couldn't be happier. Tons of grip in sloppy conditions, and you will not find a tire that'll go offroad this good with better road manners.
White Jeep Club #134
reznory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #1406
GIJOE1914
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I was looking at these and the Bilsteins. Since I run Bilsteins gas shocks now they were an obvious choice but DAMN these are B-U-T-T-E-R! MTR's are already on their way! 37's! LOOKS GOOD BRO!
so_much_win.png  
GIJOE1914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 03:32 AM   #1407
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

How does that H3 like towing that Jeep around?! It doesnt say anything like "Jeep Recovery Vehicle" on it anywhere, does it?!
krashnpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:30 AM   #1408
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krashnpa View Post
How does that H3 like towing that Jeep around?! It doesnt say anything like "Jeep Recovery Vehicle" on it anywhere, does it?!
We bought it specifically for towing and recovering. I didn't see any other vehicle out there that could do both well. The H3 Alpha has a 12,000lb GCWR and we are around 11,200lbs all loaded up for a long trip- you can hardly tell the trailer is back there .

On the rescue side I've lifted the front 2", wrapped some 35" M/Ts on it, installed a 9,500lb winch, custom skid plates, it also has a rear locker and a 4 to 1 tera low TC. At the end of the day, I'm really pleased with it. It's a good conversation starter too, not very many Hummers towing Jeeps around .

Unread 10-04-2011, 06:43 AM   #1409
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks much. I wondered what she'd tow. We've been looking at an H3T Alpha to pull a camper and wondered if it would have enough snort to pull our heavya$$ XJ when needed. Back when Hummer was still in biz we looked at a brand new alpha with the adventure package for 36k (44Kmsrp). It seems like going out of business is holding up H3 prices for some reason. Some lots have them listed in the low 40k range(!).
krashnpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #1410
jhf56
2003 TJ Wrangler 

you get those shiny new shocks on yet?
jhf56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.