Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #106
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

CRAWLED! This is a great thread for my TJ; came with 4" lift and 33X12.50s. I am going to be following this thread like a handbook!

1997 Wrangler 6cyl 5-spd; 4" short arm, 35X12.50's: White Jeep Club Member #95
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats"
wrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #107
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

awesome build man, that's the way to build them in phases, i cant wait till i can stretch and comp cut mine all up lol and those rockers......seeeexay

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #108
TYphoonXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

SUBSCRIBED! Amazing

Last edited by TYphoonXJ; 07-02-2010 at 03:59 PM..
TYphoonXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #109
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

hey whatd ya use to paint your clayton LA where the welds were? mine are rusted and need another coat and wanted to know what you used? I need to paint my truss n weld mount locations
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #110
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBlu974X4 View Post
hey whatd ya use to paint your clayton LA where the welds were? mine are rusted and need another coat and wanted to know what you used? I need to paint my truss n weld mount locations
any type of rust prevention paint, rustoleum, krylon...etc, you can choose what color flat, semi-gloss, gloss,and then just spray away.

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #111
Grizz009
1996 ZJ 

Hey dude ... Your project looks good... but I hope you don't pull on your jeep from the back bumper... cutting the frame like that to mount your shocks weakened the hell out of it... the rest looks nice...
Grizz009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 06:24 AM   #112
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

^ The Clayton kit reinforces the cut areas pretty well. It would shock me for a company like them to put a product out that made it unsafe to wheel.

Corners and sliders are being dropped off for painting today. I tried multiple times, but just couldn't get them to look like I wanted.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 07:04 AM   #113
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

A little Easter Jeep Safari action while I'll wait on my corners to get painted...

73 hours round trip, roughly 4,400 miles, defintely a trip a will not forget. Hopefully I will be back out next year!

Unread 07-03-2010, 07:48 AM   #114
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That was a cool video Redlyner! Must have been one hell of a drive!
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #115
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Video, I hope to get out to Moab for EJS next year.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #116
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice vid man, Cage the Elephant FTW.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #117
jmiera
2000 XJ Cherokee 

A few questions....1. Why did you leave CO? 2. How long has this build taken? 3. What the hell do you do for a living and can i get a job with you !? 4. About how much $ do you have invested?
jmiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 12:56 PM   #118
KINGJB
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That video was awesome.
Unread 07-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #119
hunterphfr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz009 View Post
Hey dude ... Your project looks good... but I hope you don't pull on your jeep from the back bumper... cutting the frame like that to mount your shocks weakened the hell out of it... the rest looks nice...

Actually a pretty common method that is used to provide clearance for shocks or coilovers. Kits designed to outboard your shocks or allow longer length by "frenching" them into the frame are available from Clayton, Poly-Performance and Genright to name a few fabricators. This is a pretty common method of outboarding shocks and popular for those of us who need to keep our fuel tank in the stock location. The other alternative is to inboard the frame rails by cutting and relocating the rear frame rails inboard and use a fuel cell in the tub. Spend a little time over on Pirate, both are a very common mod over there and those guys are tougher on their Jeeps than I could ever hope to be.
hunterphfr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #120
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiera View Post
A few questions....
1. Why did you leave CO? Family - both mine and my my wife's are down South.
2. How long has this build taken? Three to four years. Mostly because I wheel the hell out of each phase before moving on.
3. What the hell do you do for a living and can i get a job with you !? I'm a traveling Live Bait salesman. Can you handle worms, minnows, and riding in the back of a pickup truck for long hours? PM me your resume if so.
4. About how much $ do you have invested? A good bit. But I sell all old parts before buying the new ones.

My corners and sliders are ready to be picked up this evening.... but I couldn't wait any longer to test out the stretch. So a close friend of mine, my brother-in-law, and I took our jeeps out to Uwharrie for some trails and rock crawling.

The day went very well and I walked an obstacle that had denied me several times before the stretch. Total success as far as I'm concerned. The ~6" stretch made a night and difference on several of the walls I had climbed in the past.

I'll have new pics soon of the sliders and corners, but for now, here is my swiss cheese TJ with our group:

Unloading and airing down:

Brother-in-law's XJ:

Bill's TJ:

This is what happens when you are not patient for your sliders, you land on your freaking rocker (note the dent):

My 4 year old nephew showing me the right line:

Crawling Kodak Rock:

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.