Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 75 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEMassive SAVINGS on VISION X EVO PRIME 10 WATT LED LIGHT BANew Product Release: Flowmaster CA Legal Direct-Fit Cataly

Unread 07-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #1111
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I forgot, I have a ton of stuff for sale and some parts that may be for sale very soon.

For sure for sale:
Used TNT hi-line stretch corners. Thinking like $285 if I don't have to ship. TNT charges $295 + $90 in shipping, so if you are close, this saves about $100.

Used Warn sliders. I trimmed about 1/2" off of the front to fit around my tube fenders. Thinking like $115 if I don't ship. They retail at like $200 or $220 or something.

Brand new Alloy USA 4.88 gears for a TJ Rubi Dana 44. The best deal I found was around $220 at Quadratec. I'm thinking like $180 without shipping. That's 20% off.

Used tj insta-trunk. I have it listed for $75, but I'll take $60. Best deal on the forum!

Used tj sound bar. Slight fabric tear on passenger side, listed for $80 (I think) I'd be happy with $60 on it too.

I've received a few pm's, so if you are/were serious, just let me know and we will make it happen.

Other items that maaaayyyy be for sale in the not too distant future:
Currie steering system for a TJ- expect pricing to be around 20 to 30% off of new.

Vanco Big Brake Kit 15" package- roughly 1000 miles on it. Same with Currie, expect Savings to be like 20 to 30% off of new and I don't need your cores!!

Nitro alloy shafts for a Rubi 44. These are like new with roughly 100 miles on them. Probably will sell for about 20% or so off of what shops are quoting.

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #1112
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hurry and get those corners on dude. I am thinking I want to make some bolt of tubes for my Savvy corners. I just want to see what they look like first.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #1113
Optiskate
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You have to put your stuff up for sale what I'm flat *** broke.
Unread 07-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #1114
nickagr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optiskate View Post
You have to put your stuff up for sale what I'm flat *** broke.
Seriously I want those corners so badly, but I have to buy my ticket to moab..

CHECK OUT AND LIKE OUR GROUPS PAGE AT
http://www.facebook.com/Twisted.Axles
nickagr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #1115
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in San Francisco, so I won't be able to start cutting on the jeep until this weekend. My plan is to:
  • Get the sliders and corners on Saturday
  • Cut all of the tub that needs to be removed
  • Remove everything
  • Paint the sliders
  • Remount the sliders
  • Send the corners off to be painted

I'll get some bare steel pics up, but I'm guessing it won't be all painted up until Thursday or Friday of next week. I'm stoked though!
Unread 07-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #1116
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Jay, you didn't list wet sanding. Are you slipping?

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #1117
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ROCK View Post
Jay, you didn't list wet sanding. Are you slipping?

Whoa! Eric, what was I thinking? Of course I'll be wet sanding . Just the sliders though, I'm having the corners painted professionally. Maaco is running a special right now..... awfully tempting to get the whole jeep sprayed. The wife had an absolutely sick idea of black sliders, black rear corners, and the rest digital snow camo. Only problem is the wrap would cost about as much as a built rear dana 60. Damn it would look good though!

Started the construction project of replacing the the body armor. Warn sliders are off, TNT stretch hi-line corners are off. There will be a good bit of cutting to do, I'm really tempted to trailer it up to Schwabe's (25 minutes) to borrow the plasma cutter.

Plus I have to cut about 3" off of the SF sliders to fit behind the TNT flare on the front tube fenders.

I also did some official weighing. The Sniper Fab sliders are about 6lbs heavier than the Warn sliders, but offer better under carriage protection. The Sniper Fab corners with flares are about 3lbs heavier (each) than the TNT corners without a flare, but, with all of the extra steel being cut off, I would guess they will come in only 1lbs to 2lbs more per side. So, I'm adding about 15lbs (plus the weight of the paint). But, I should be able to get another 1" of wheel base out of the extra room to stretch.

More to come tomorrow.
Unread 07-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #1118
gtxracer

Who was making the wrap for you? I have a very similar idea with black/grey/lightgrey camo in a digi pattern.
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #1119
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Man please tell me your goin to use better clamps to hold those corners on...... those are funny on a Jeep of your caliber!(I mean the clamps not the corners)
Unread 07-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #1120
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Almost impossible to work on the jeep this weekend, we had a heat index of 107! I tried to cut for 30 minutes, drill for 30 minutes, then cool off. Then repeat, etc. Finally, both corners of the tub are now cut, drilled, and sanded in prep for install. FYI, this is my fourth set or rear corners and guess what, not one pair's mounting holes lined up with each other. So I have around 40 to 50 drilled holes per side of the rear tub .

Poison Spyder trail corners, then Smittybilt XRC corners with 3" tube flare, then TNT hi-line zyros stretch corners, and now SniperFab Comp corners with 3" flare. Please.... no one come out with a new corner!

Tub cut away:

Test fit:

Because of my steel tube fenders with a flare up front, I can't install the sliders without cutting roughly 3" off of them. Bleh, so lots of measuring and cutting still to go. Then corners are off to Maaco, got a nice little deal to have them body matched.
Unread 07-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #1121
tucanbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
Almost impossible to work on the jeep this weekend, we had a heat index of 107! I tried to cut for 30 minutes, drill for 30 minutes, then cool off. Then repeat, etc. Finally, both corners of the tub are now cut, drilled, and sanded in prep for install. FYI, this is my fourth set or rear corners and guess what, not one pair's mounting holes lined up with each other. So I have around 40 to 50 drilled holes per side of the rear tub .

Poison Spyder trail corners, then Smittybilt XRC corners with 3" tube flare, then TNT hi-line zyros stretch corners, and now SniperFab Comp corners with 3" flare. Please.... no one come out with a new corner!

Tub cut away:

Test fit:

Because of my steel tube fenders with a flare up front, I can't install the sliders without cutting roughly 3" off of them. Bleh, so lots of measuring and cutting still to go. Then corners are off to Maaco, got a nice little deal to have them body matched.

and on the body match
Unread 07-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #1122
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If you would just boat tub it, it would like even more like mine. (other than that bling suspension stuff I can't afford)

The corner look great! Have fun looking for a spot of that antenna. If you find a good spot, let me know.

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #1123
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ROCK View Post
If you would just boat tub it, it would like even more like mine.

I've looked and looked and a boat side just doesn't seem possible with my current front tube fenders. If I didn't have a flare, or if I had highlines, then I could do it. But I just can't make it work with the TNT fenders.

While I still have a long list of performance mods, every once in a while I like to do something that makes it a little different than everyone elses aesthetically. I have 16 years of sports car ownership of which I spent 5 or 6 racing- so this idea kind of stems from that. White rig, black accessories and......

Gold wheels .

Too ricey? I'm not super serious, but I do enjoy doing crap that makes it different. Powdercoating the Racelines would definitely be different.....
Unread 07-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #1124
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If I still had my whit tj I was gonna do bronze wheels I think it would be cool

Nuff said...[/CENTER]
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #1125
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hmmmm..... a quick photoshop with too shades of gold. Not sure if I'm feeling it:

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.