Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 74 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Poison Spyder Ricochet RockersROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #1096
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I want your corners too. zeros?

Unread 07-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #1097
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got the carpet in (velcroed to the tank mount), I forgot how much space I lost with the stock tank back there!

The SWAG Actionpacker holder and bin will clean up all of the loose items I have back there as well (tow rope, winch bag, tool box, jumper cables). That's probably 2 weeks out. Tomorrow the front ARB gets fixed (new air collar and o-rings) followed by a possible rock crawl down Schwabe's Rock Hollar.

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #1098
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You putting just one box back there? Will 2 actionpacker bins fit side by side?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #1099
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
You putting just one box back there? Will 2 actionpacker bins fit side by side?
Two will fit, but I'm only putting one in. The other side will be a removable custom single seat mount.

Unread 07-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #1100
TheBeardedPilot
2003 TJ Wrangler 

love this jeep so much. very nice work!
Unread 07-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #1101
Optiskate
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Carpet in a racer... You my friend have truly mastered dual purpose.
Unread 07-14-2011, 08:08 PM   #1102
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optiskate View Post
Carpet in a racer... You my friend have truly mastered dual purpose.
That's the plan .

I'm trying to squeeze in the ECORS finale (6 hour endurance race) at Windrock, and between now and spring of 2012, we are building it to pass an Ultra 4 tech inspection. Hopefully that will allow us an Ultra 4 race in 2012, but that is still in the waaaay distant phase.

End goal is for the wife to be able to drive comfortably to the grocery store in it, be able to be shined up for the mall, and have run some form of 4400 race, all in the same skin.
Unread 07-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #1103
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice Jay, Did you get my PM?
Unread 07-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #1104
LilSteve97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard15 View Post
Any info on the tj that inspired you. That thing is sick. My buddy has those tires on his juggy and loves them. I like the plans man. Sounds like a good plan. How much are you looking to get for those corners. I'd be interested when you sell them.
Just a little FYI, thats crawl's project blitzkrieg, those guys rod shop built a lot of it. Sick TJ for sure. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=702225

I saw you were talking about running a different hood, campbell maybe, you should check out durham motorsports hood, located in pickens, sc. Once i get mine back wheeling i plan on doing some tube work and ditching my beat stock hood and tube fenders for his hood and some tube.

http://chrisdurham.wordpress.com/
LilSteve97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #1105
williamellison
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Man, you have inspired me to do so much more to my Jeep... Your Jeep looks amazing, but you already know that. Anyways, I'm just now getting introduced into crawling; I hit up Uwharrie for the first time last weekend. I'm not too far away, hope to see you out there sometime soon.
Unread 07-15-2011, 09:27 AM   #1106
Optiskate
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
That's the plan .

I'm trying to squeeze in the ECORS finale (6 hour endurance race) at Windrock, and between now and spring of 2012, we are building it to pass an Ultra 4 tech inspection. Hopefully that will allow us an Ultra 4 race in 2012, but that is still in the waaaay distant phase.

End goal is for the wife to be able to drive comfortably to the grocery store in it, be able to be shined up for the mall, and have run some form of 4400 race, all in the same skin.
That is quite the feat. I'm definitely going to stay tuned into this thread to see how you do it. I need to start following Ultra 4 more. I just catch a bit here and there. I wish we had stuff to compete in over here on the west side. It would be a lot of fun

So what all do you need to do to pass Ultra 4 tech?
Unread 07-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #1107
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optiskate View Post
So what all do you need to do to pass Ultra 4 tech?
There is a 75 page rule book that goes through tons of little things you have to have, most of it is for safety. ECORS doesn't have 1/3 of the safety requirements that Ultra 4 does, so I figure it will only be good for my jeep.

I'll post some of the mods and changes in the next few weeks (and months), but right off of the bat I know I'll need:

Cage to frame tie ins
Better fire wall for fuel cell
Bladder fuel cell
Seats mounted to cage
DOM tube down the driver and passenger door openings
Window nets

There are a lot more changes, I'll have get the rule book out for the specifics, but I estimate it to be about $2k in additional safety upgrades. That doesn't account for better axles, tuned rear shocks, bigger coil overs up front, air bumps, rear anti-rock, etc etc. I figured it would be around another $11k to $12k, minus what I could sell my current parts for, plus about $4,000 for the trip to have my rig built well enough to run the stock mod class and not be an embarassment at KOH.

It's an aggressive goal, but it will be fun building towards it. And what will make mine unique to the other racers is that I'm trying to keep is as street friendly and "un-buggy" like as possible. Still have to get those groceries you know .

On another note, FedEx dropped off some goods on Friday:

Sniper Fab comp cut corners with a 3" flare and wheel well to wheel well Sniper Fab sliders:

First choice was aluminum, but I couldn't find any with a flare, and I didn't trust myself to cut a nice enough wheel well from the SAVVY blanks. Wish I could have gone SAVVY for the weight (and Gerald's service), but had to go with steel. Sniper Fab was my top choice in steel and they were excellent to work with. I'm dropping about 100lbs with my current setup, then adding about 125lbs with the new Sniper Fab pieces.
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #1108
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Why didnt you get a rail on your rockers? Just curious is all.....
Unread 07-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #1109
Optiskate
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
There is a 75 page rule book that goes through tons of little things you have to have, most of it is for safety. ECORS doesn't have 1/3 of the safety requirements that Ultra 4 does, so I figure it will only be good for my jeep.

I'll post some of the mods and changes in the next few weeks (and months), but right off of the bat I know I'll need:

Cage to frame tie ins
Better fire wall for fuel cell
Bladder fuel cell
Seats mounted to cage
DOM tube down the driver and passenger door openings
Window nets

There are a lot more changes, I'll have get the rule book out for the specifics, but I estimate it to be about $2k in additional safety upgrades. That doesn't account for better axles, tuned rear shocks, bigger coil overs up front, air bumps, rear anti-rock, etc etc. I figured it would be around another $11k to $12k, minus what I could sell my current parts for, plus about $4,000 for the trip to have my rig built well enough to run the stock mod class and not be an embarassment at KOH.

It's an aggressive goal, but it will be fun building towards it. And what will make mine unique to the other racers is that I'm trying to keep is as street friendly and "un-buggy" like as possible. Still have to get those groceries you know .

On another note, FedEx dropped off some goods on Friday:

Sniper Fab comp cut corners with a 3" flare and wheel well to wheel well Sniper Fab sliders:

First choice was aluminum, but I couldn't find any with a flare, and I didn't trust myself to cut a nice enough wheel well from the SAVVY blanks. Wish I could have gone SAVVY for the weight (and Gerald's service), but had to go with steel. Sniper Fab was my top choice in steel and they were excellent to work with. I'm dropping about 100lbs with my current setup, then adding about 125lbs with the new Sniper Fab pieces.
Wow... That is one spendy build. Geez man, what do you do for a living and how do you get your foot in the door?

Sounds like most of the safety stuff is a good idea any way. Better safe than sorry any way. Do you plan on doing anything else to it suspension wise aside from air bumps and coil overs?

Stock mod at KOH is going to be a real ball buster. I can image it would be fun as hell to run though. I haven't heard too many details about it yet, but I can imagine it will be a whole different ball game with stock mod rigs. I can foresee rigs just falling apart and getting beat to **** in that high speed stuff and struggling through the rocks. Should be interesting to see what people do to push the limits and the rules to be competitive and survive that kind of race. I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing how you do.
Unread 07-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #1110
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Picked up the jeep today from Schwabe's Offroad, front ARB is back to working order. New air collar, copper line, and o-rings. I played on the rocks for just a few minutes then drove it about 25 miles home getting up to 70mph- drove perfect!

However, I put the soft top and doors on Friday incase there was rain and after sitting for 48 hours like that, there is definitely a gas smell in the cab. You don't notice it with the top off, but close it up and it is there. Doesn't seem to be coming from the pump either.....

Hmmmm.... I'm thinking about building a firewall that is somewhat air tight, I wonder if that would do it? It's not as bad as my stock tank smell, but the goal was zero smell. It won't be an issue until the winter, but I'll have to do something.

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.