Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 06-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #91
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUK9 View Post
Jay-

How do you like the rear upper shock mount from Clayton? This is the biggest thing that bugs me about that kit...ir just looks really weak. Any other pics of it? Does it seem pretty solid?

Glad to see you got the new corners. I knew you were probably tossing and turning at night, curled up in the corner without having a cleaner opening for the rear tires.

It's killing me not having these painted and installed.

So the painting is just not going well for me. First up I made a few attempts with my compressor and air gun setup (different nozzles and pressure):

I returned a lot of the premixed paint and bought some dupli-color spray cans. Turned out better, but not the quality I am looking for:

So I said screw it, I'll deal with painting later. Time to work on the corners!

I clamped on the driver's side to see where I was going to have to cut:

Rear shot:

Next up was the removal of the tail gate to mock up the passenger side:

Tail gate removed:

All of the extra sheet metal cut, new corner bolted in for fitment:

Rear mount, new light holes drilled:

Passenger side bolted up for fitment:

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #92
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

Man, that is going to look sweet!
'51 CJ-3A

RyanZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #93
INCA
2003 TJ Wrangler 

wow....that is hands down one of the sexiest things i have layed my eyes on...and its unfinished to Cant wait to see this thing complete.
INCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #94
BobA
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Awsome looking rig.

77 DJ5
Soon to be streetrod
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #95
banone403
2004 LJ Wrangler 

are you gonna run flares on the back to match the front fenders?
banone403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #96
PullMeSideways
2010 JK Wrangler 

Jay - Great build thread, if the followers of this thread only knew about the awesome set of tools you used to build this rig they would be truly impressed.

Take care buddy!

Pullmesideways
Colorado Jeep Club Member #11
Former Jeeps:
2002 TJ Sahara, 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara, 2004 WJ & 1986 CJ-7
PullMeSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #97
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMeSideways View Post
if the followers of this thread only knew about the awesome set of tools you used to build this rig they would be truly impressed

Pullmesideways
???????????????

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 01:16 AM   #98
jeepdog5
1993 YJ Wrangler 

maybe to much moisture in the air line? i usually run at least 2 traps. what brand of paint were you spraying?
jeepdog5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #99
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm glad you finally made a build thread. I've always liked your Jeep.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #100
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Jay - Great build thread, if the followers of this thread only knew about the awesome set of tools you used to build this rig they would be truly impressed.

Take care buddy!

Pullmesideways

I was wondering where you ended up!!
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 07:05 AM   #101
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Take care buddy!

Pullmesideways
Ha! We did a lot with that little tool kit. Moving up to air tools has to be the single most stress reducing thing you can do in your garage.

So basically I'm sitting here stuck. I resanded my sliders and have a fresh coat of primer on them. But I still can't paint smooth enough to cover my corners the way I want them, so I may have to get some help this weekend.

I tightened up a few of the corner bolts to see how all of my drilled holes lined up and a few were off, so I re-drilled those. I also drilled out my Gen-Right rear stinger mounting holes... which was a PAIN! Drilling through 3/16" corner armor, then the TJ's sheet metal, then the tire carrier mount's 3/16" steel sandwiched together made for a difficult task.

The goal is to have this painted and mounted by Saturday night so I can go scratch it up Sunday and Monday.

Unread 06-30-2010, 05:13 PM   #102
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looking great Jay! Crawled.
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #103
ActionJackson
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Great looking jeep! I'm curios though, would you rather have the spare tire mounted lower (like I believe the poison spyder rear stinger is?) I've been looking into rear stingers and I just like how they look, but I've been trying to see how much of a difference there is between the two. I know you don't get much visibility if any, but if you did it again would you change it - or does it not bother you that much?
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #519
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #104
woodkrawler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

The stretch and LA's really look great! I hope to see this beast rolling around Charlotte
woodkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 07:58 AM   #105
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Great looking jeep! I'm curios though, would you rather have the spare tire mounted lower (like I believe the poison spyder rear stinger is?) I've been looking into rear stingers and I just like how they look, but I've been trying to see how much of a difference there is between the two. I know you don't get much visibility if any, but if you did it again would you change it - or does it not bother you that much?
Good question about the Gen-Right stinger- the answer is that there is zero visibility with a full size spare mounted. Your rear view mirror is useless. But, that being said, I still wouldn't trade it. You don't see this rear stinger on any rigs in the south and when I wheeled with the Gen-Right guys in Moab, it was cool as hell to see four or five rigs lined up in a row with the rear stinger on it. I thought about Poison Spyder's, but I couldn't get it at the time due to availability.

My build, as I stated earlier in the thread is based on how could I do Moab better the next time out. That being said, I also like to have parts that aren't on every other TJ on the trail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkrawler View Post
The stretch and LA's really look great! I hope to see this beast rolling around Charlotte
I'm sure we will run into each other on the trail!

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.